If you are a chicken lover, you must love KFC and its flavorful chicken. Among all of their items, KFC crispy fried chicken is one of the most popular items. Here is a quick recipe of KFC’s crispy fried chicken for you to explore.
KFC crispy fried chicken recipe is one of the most in-demand recipes as it is most popular among KFC chicken lovers. It is not that easy to make, but it’s worth spending an hour in the kitchen for this. I will show you how to make the homemade version of KFC’s original-style crispy fried chicken with KFC 11-ingredient seasoning mix to give it the original taste.
To make the KFC crispy fried chicken, combine spices, flour, brown sugar, and salt in a bowl. Then, dip the chicken pieces in the egg and coat them with the flour mixture. Fry the pieces in oil for about 20 minutes. Take out, keep on paper towels and serve.
This was just an overview of the recipe. You’ll find the complete recipe below. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. KFC Crispy Chicken Tenders – KFC crispy tenders are the strips of chicken breast battered in egg mixture and seasoned flour. This batter is loaded with the flavors of buttermilk, hot sauce, herbs and spices. This chicken is deep fried until its crispy on the outside. You can have this chicken with ranch, dip, or any other spicy sauce.
2 KFC Bowl – KFC bowl is a comforting food bowl to satiate your hunger. This bowl has fried chicken, gravy, cheese blend, and corn. It also has tender potatoes mashed with butter, milk, and salt. Then these mashed potatoes are assembled with chicken popcorns, corns and finished with shredded cheese.
3. KFC Potato Wedges – KFC potato wedges are crispy and lightly flavored potato bites. The potato wedges are dipped in egg and milk mixture then tossed with the seasoned flour. These potatoes have the flavors of pepper, paprika, garlic, and salt. These potatoes are then fried until its golden brown.
4. KFC Nashville Hot Chicken – KFC Nashville hot chicken has chicken coated with spicy flavors. This chicken is fried after being dredged into the spicy batter. It’s loaded with the flavors of dry mustard, garlic, cornstarch, chili powder, hot sauce, pickle juice, and egg. This chicken can be enjoyed with bleu cheese or ranch or any other dip of your choice.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make KFC Crispy Fried Chicken?
- Fryer- You’ll need to deep fry the chicken and that’s what you need the fryer for.
- Large Bowls and Spoon– Make the egg wash and the seasoned flour in the bowls and use the spoon for it.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make KFC Crispy Fried Chicken? ?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||40 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make KFC Crispy Fried Chicken?
- Chicken Thighs- Cover the chicken thighs with seasoned flour and egg wash and deep fry them for a delicious KFC like fried chicken.
- Neutral Oil– Fry your chicken in neutral oil.
- Egg White– Make the egg wash by beating egg whites.
- Seasoned Flour (All-Purpose Flour, Brown Sugar, KFC Spice Blend and Kosher Salt)– Make the seasoned flour for the chicken by mixing flour, brown sugar, kosher salt and the KFC spice blend. The spice blend is a mixture of aromatic spices that make this recipe just like the original.
Steps To Make KFC Crispy Fried Chicken
1. Preparing The Chicken
Keep the fryer ready by preheating it to 350°F. Then, thoroughly mix together all the spice mix ingredients. Combine spice mix with flour, brown sugar, and salt. Dip chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them. Then, transfer them to the flour mixture. Turn them a few times and make sure the flour mix is really stuck to the chicken. Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
2. Now, We Fry
Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes, so the crust has a chance to dry a bit. Fry chicken thighs for about 20 minutes. Chicken pieces are done when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F. Let chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer. Your delicious KFC-like crispy fried chicken is ready!
How Will The KFC Crispy Fried Chicken Look And Taste Like?
The chicken thighs look golden and crispy after they are fries. The skin is crispy and delicious while the chicken inside is juicy and tender. You can taste the spices in the seasoned flour. Make it at your home and try it with your favorite dip.
KFC Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe
- 2 Large Bowls and Spoon
- ½ teaspoon Dried Marjoram
- ½ teaspoon Dried Basil
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Ground Allspice
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Dried Sage
- ½ teaspoon Celery Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Onion Salt
- 5 pieces Chicken Thighs
- 2 quarts Neutral Oil
- 1 Egg White
- 1 ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- Preheat fryer to 350°F. Thoroughly mix together all the spice mix ingredients.
- Combine spice mix with flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them. Then, transfer them to flour mixture.
- Turn them a few times and make sure the flour mix is really stuck to the chicken. Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
- Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes, so the crust has a chance to dry a bit.
- Fry chicken thighs for about 20 minutes. Chicken pieces are done when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F.
- Let chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer. Serve hot.
This was all about the KFC crispy fried chick recipe. Tell me in the comments how well you liked it. If you have any suggestions, mention them in the comment as well. See you next time. Happy cooking!