If you are a chicken lover, you must love KFC and its flavorful chicken. Among all of their chicken items, KFC chicken thigh is one of the most popular items. Here is a quick recipe of KFC’s original chicken thigh for you to explore.
KFC chicken thighs recipe is one of the most in-demand recipes as it is most popular among KFC chicken lovers. It is not that easy to make, but it’s worth spending an hour in the kitchen for this. I will show you how to make the homemade version of KFC’s original-style chicken thighs with KFC 11-ingredient seasoning mix to give it the original taste.
To make the KFC original chicken thigh, combine spices, flour, brown sugar, and salt in a bowl. Then, dip the chicken pieces in the egg and coat them with the flour mixture. Fry the pieces in oil for about 20 minutes. Take out, keep on paper towels and serve.
This was just an overview of the recipe. You’ll find the complete recipe below. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Popeyes Fried Chicken– Everyone loves Popeyes and their Fried Chicken. What if I tell you that you can make the exact Popeyes fried chicken at your home by following the recipe I mentioned.
2. KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks– Everybody wants to make KFC Chicken Drumsticks Recipe at home. It is one of the most loved on the chicken menu of Kentucky Fried Chicken, and this takes us to find your lovers a way to make it for yourself anyplace you wish to.
3. Colonel Sanders Secret KFC Sauce is an Original and Old Kentucky Fried Chicken KFC homemade Sauce recipe. It’s a perfect Mixed Dressing Sauce and includes most of the KFC dipping sauce flavors.
4. Buffalo Wild Wings’ Chicken Wings– Buffalo Wild Wings is famous for its authentic chicken wings and today, I am going to tell you how you can make it at your home easily.
KFC Original Chicken Thigh Recipe
- ½ teaspoon Dried Marjoram
- ½ teaspoon Dried Basil
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Ground Allspice
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Dried Sage
- ½ teaspoon Celery Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Onion Salt
- 5 pieces Chicken Thighs
- 2 quarts Neutral Oil
- 1 Egg White
- 1 ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- Preheat fryer to 350°F. Thoroughly mix together all the spice mix ingredients.
- Combine spice mix with flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them. Then, transfer them to flour mixture.
- Turn them a few times and make sure the flour mix is really stuck to the chicken. Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
- Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes, so the crust has a chance to dry a bit.
- Fry chicken thighs for about 20 minutes. Chicken pieces are done when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F.
- Let chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer. Serve hot.