If you a chicken lover, then you must love KFC as well. And you must be very familiar with its treasure of chicken dishes as well. The flavors that you will find in a KFC chicken are pretty much impossible to find anywhere. Among all of their chicken items, KFC Chicken Thigh is the most popular among them all.
Are you trying to find the original KFC Chicken Thigh recipe on the internet? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, I will tell you how to make the homemade version of KFC Chicken Thighs with KFC 11-ingredient seasoning mix to give it the original taste and also the nutritional breakdown of the KFC Chicken Thigh recipe.
So let’s check out the recipe.
KFC Chicken Thighs Recipe is one of the most in-demand recipes as it is most popular among KFC chicken lovers. It is not easy to make but it’s worth spending 60 minutes in the kitchen for this. I will show you how to make the homemade version of KFC’s Original-Style Chicken Thighs with KFC 11-ingredient seasoning mix to give it the original taste. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Popeyes Fried Chicken– Everyone loves Popeyes and their Fried Chicken. What if I tell you that you can make the exact Popeyes fried chicken at your home by following the recipe I mentioned.
2. KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks– Everybody wants to make KFC Chicken Drumsticks Recipe at home. It is one of the most loved on the chicken menu of Kentucky Fried Chicken, and this takes us to find your lovers a way to make it for yourself anyplace you wish to.
3. Colonel Sanders Secret KFC Sauce– This is Original and Old Kentucky Fried Chicken KFC homemade Sauce recipe. It’s a perfect Mixed Dressing Sauce and includes most of the KFC dipping sauce flavours.
4. Buffalo Wild Wings’ Chicken Wings– Buffalo Wild Wings is famous for its authentic chicken wings and today, I am going to tell you how you can make it at your home easily.
How much time it will take to Prepare the KFC Chicken Thigh at Home?
|20 minutes||40 minutes||60 minutes|
It’s not easy to make but it’s worth spending 60 minutes in the Kitchen for this.
KFC Chicken Thigh Recipe Ingredients
- ½ tsp Marjoram (Dried)
- ½ tsp Basil (Dried)
- ½ tsp Oregano (Dried)
- ½ tsp Ground Allspice
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Sage (Dried)
- ½ tsp Celery Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsps Onion Salt
- 4-6 pieces of Chicken Thighs
- 2 quarts Neutral Oil (for frying)
- 1 Egg White
- 1 ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
You will find all the ingredients required to make KFC Chicken Thigh from any supermarket near your home.
KFC Chicken Thigh Recipe
You have to follow all the steps mentioned above if you want you Chicken Thigh as perfect as KFC.
- Preheat fryer to 350°F. Thoroughly mix together all the spice mix ingredients.
- Combine spice mix with flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them, then transfer to flour mixture.
- Turn a few times and make sure the flour mix is really stuck to the chicken. Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
- Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes so the crust has a chance to dry a bit.
- Fry chicken thighs for 20 minutes (approx). Chicken pieces are done when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F.
- Let chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer. Serve hot.
Note: Nobody knows the exact spice mix used in classic KFC™ fried chicken, but we think this version is pretty close!
It uses herbs and spices that you probably mostly have on hand. If you have a fairly stocked pantry, you might only need to pick up one or two additional spices to make this. The spice mix will look like a lot of seasoning for one batch of fried chicken, but remember that it’ll be mixed with flour so the spices will lose some of their kick. It might seem strange to add brown sugar to the flour mixture since this is a savory recipe, but it’s actually really important and adds just a tiny bit of sweetness to the chicken. Leave it out at your own peril!
Many fried chicken recipes will ask you to double-bread the chicken. We like that method, but the classic restaurant version has a thinner crust, so we bread once. And egg white is just right for dipping the chicken in before coating; it gives the flour mixture something to stick to without being too thick.
Very important: After each piece of chicken is well-coated, let them rest for a few minutes so the crusts can dry out. This is the difference between having fried chicken with a great crust and one where all of the crust falls off in the fryer!
Breasts and wings cook faster than legs and thighs. The white meat (breast/wings) will take 12-14 minutes (depending on thickness) and thighs and legs will take a few minutes longer. However, these are rough guidelines. Really thick breasts can take closer to 20 minutes to cook all the way through. So the best thing to do (as always) uses a meat thermometer and make sure the chicken hits an internal temperature of 165°
Nutritional Facts about KFC Chicken Thigh
Here is the nutritional breakdown of the KFC Chicken Thigh recipe.