If you a chicken lover, then you must love KFC and must be very familiar with its treasure of chicken. The flavours that you will find in a KFC chicken hit home. Among all of their chicken items, KFC chicken thigh is one of the most popular items.
KFC chicken thighs Recipe is one of the most in-demand recipes as it is most popular among KFC chicken lovers. It is not that easy to make, but it’s worth spending an hour in the kitchen for this. I will show you how to make the homemade version of KFC’s original-style chicken thighs with KFC 11-ingredient seasoning mix to give it the original taste.
To make the original KFC chicken thigh, combine spices, flour, brown sugar and salt in a bowl. Then, dip in the egg and cover with flour mixture. Fry the pieces in oil for about 20 minutes. Take out, keep on paper towels and serve!
This was just an overview of the recipe. You’ll find the complete recipe below. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Popeyes Fried Chicken– Everyone loves Popeyes and their Fried Chicken. What if I tell you that you can make the exact Popeyes fried chicken at your home by following the recipe I mentioned.
2. KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks– Everybody wants to make KFC Chicken Drumsticks Recipe at home. It is one of the most loved on the chicken menu of Kentucky Fried Chicken, and this takes us to find your lovers a way to make it for yourself anyplace you wish to.
3. Colonel Sanders Secret KFC Sauce– This is an Original and Old Kentucky Fried Chicken KFC homemade Sauce recipe. It’s a perfect Mixed Dressing Sauce and includes most of the KFC dipping sauce flavors.
4. Buffalo Wild Wings’ Chicken Wings– Buffalo Wild Wings is famous for its authentic chicken wings and today, I am going to tell you how you can make it at your home easily.
Original KFC Chicken Thigh Recipe
- ½ tsp Dried Marjoram
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Ground Allspice
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Dried Sage
- ½ tsp Celery Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Onion Salt
- 5 pieces Chicken Thighs
- 2 quarts Neutral Oil
- 1 Egg White
- 1 ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- Preheat fryer to 350°F. Thoroughly mix together all the spice mix ingredients.
- Combine spice mix with flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them, then transfer to flour mixture.
- Turn a few times and make sure the flour mix is really stuck to the chicken. Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
- Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes, so the crust has a chance to dry a bit.
- Fry chicken thighs for about 20 minutes. Chicken pieces are done when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F.
- Let chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer. Serve hot.
This recipe is the closest you can get to the original recipe. Try it and tell me how well you liked it. You can leave your suggestions and queries in the comments below. I’ll try to help you as soon as possible. Till then, happy eating!