KFC chicken nuggets are something that both kids and adults really love. They might not be enough to satiate your hunger, but they are more than enough to satisfy your fried chicken cravings. They are as delicious to make as they are easy and quick. You can have a batch of KFC chicken nuggets with this copycat recipe for the KFC chicken nuggets.
First of all, you’ll need boneless and skinless chicken breast that you have pat-dried and cut into small bite-sized pieces. Then, you need to make a spicy batter of egg, milk, and hot sauce. This mixture will give the nuggets a spicy taste, and it will make the flour stick better.
The seasoned flour is a mixture of different flours and spices. You need to double-dip and double-dredge them to have that amazing crunchy coating. I have mentioned a deep-fryer in this recipe as it makes it easy to fry the nuggets. If you don’t own a deep-fryer, you can easily replace it with a Dutch oven.
Consider whether the oil is at the optimum temperature or not. I think all is now said and done. Let’s swiftly move to the recipe for the KFC chicken nuggets. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes from KFC down below.
1. KFC Potato Wedges – KFC potato wedges are crispy and lightly flavored potato bites. The potato wedges are dipped in egg and milk mixture then tossed with the seasoned flour. These potatoes have the flavors of pepper, paprika, garlic, and salt. These potatoes are then fried until its golden brown.
2. KFC Honey BBQ Sauce – KFC honey BBQ sauce is sweet n’ spicy sauce. This sauce is smooth blend of scrumptious flavors from onion powder, chili powder, and seasoning spices. The liquid smoke adds smoky BBQ flavors to this sauce. This sauce can be used to glaze chicken or as a dip.
3. KFC 11 Secret Herbs and Spices – KFC 11 secret herbs and spices is a spice blend made from KFC’s 11 secret herbs and pieces like paprika, onion powder, salt, rubbed sage, garlic powder, allspice, oregano, chili powder, basil leaves, marjoram leaves, etc. You can use this spice blend to add herbal aromatic flavors to many main course dishes.
4. KFC Gravy – KFC gravy is made from smooth and flavorsome roux. This gravy has the flavors of butter, onion, and seasoning spices. It can be enjoyed with chicken, beef, or can be drizzled over the KFC bowl, or mashed potatoes. This gravy gives rich umami essence to the dish it’s paired with.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make KFC Chicken Nuggets?
- Small Bowls – You’ll be needing two small bowls for this recipe. One for the egg, milk, and hot sauce mixture and the other for the seasoned flour.
- Deep Fryer – Fry your nuggets until they are crispy and golden with the help of a deep-fryer.
- Paper Towels – Once you have breaded the nuggets, place them over paper towels. Place them after you have fried them as well to drain excess oil.
- Whisk – Use the whisk for beating and mixing stuff.
- Perforated Ladle – Remove the nuggets with a perforated ladle. It will help you to get rid of excess oil.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make KFC Chicken Nuggets?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||15 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make KFC Chicken Nuggets?
- Chicken Breast – To make chicken nuggets, you’ll need boneless and skinless chicken breasts. Then, cut the chicken into bite-size pieces to make small nuggets.
- Egg – For coating the chicken nuggets beat two eggs in a bowl.
- Hot Sauce – Dip the chicken nuggets in the hot sauce. It will spice up the nuggets.
- Whole Milk – Beat the egg with some hot sauce and milk. Dip your nuggets in this batter to give it a spicy and rich taste.
- Self-Rising Flour – Self-rising flour has a raising agent added that helps in making the baked goods rise. Moreover, it also helps in achieving a crispy and crunchy texture of the nuggets.
- All-Purpose Flour – Mix all-purpose flour with the dry rubs to coat the chicken nuggets.
- Baking Powder – Mix baking powder with the dry rubs so that the breading has maximum crunch when fried.
- Kosher Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Ground Black Pepper – Season the flour with some black pepper.
- Garlic Powder – Flavor the coating with the some rich spices. A teaspoon of garlic powder will bring out an aromatic blend of sharpness.
- Smoked Paprika – Smoked paprika is well paired to heat up the chicken nuggets with rich sharpness.
- Cayenne Pepper – Adding cayenne pepper to the dry rubs for the coating will spice up the chicken nuggets.
- Vegetable Oil – The vegetable oil is for frying the nuggets.
Steps To Make KFC Chicken Nuggets
1. Small Bowl Of Spices
Before you start, in a deep fryer, add oil and heat it to a temperature of 350℉. Preheating the oil will help get that optimum crunch. Then, take two small bowls and beat egg, milk, and hot sauce in one bowl.
As for the second bowl, mix self-rising flour, all-purpose flour, and baking powder in it. To this flour mixture, add salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and paprika. This will be your spicy covering for your nuggets.
2. Golden Nuggets
Now, take the chicken pieces and dip them in the egg mixture and dredge them in the seasoned flour. After that, once again dip them in the egg mixture and dredge them in the flour mixture.
3. Heat Work
Gently place the nuggets in the fryer and lower them in the hot oil. Fry the nuggets for about 5 minutes until they are golden in color. Then, take them out and drain them using paper towels. Your delicious KFC chicken nuggets are ready! Enjoy these amazing nuggets with your favorite dips and sauces.
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
How Will The KFC Chicken Nuggets Look And Taste Like?
The KFC chicken nuggets are golden and crispy bites for your fried chicken cravings. The flour breading is crispy and spicy. The chicken inside is juicy and has a touch of spice as well. You can have these delicious nuggets with any of your favorite dips. They can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike.
KFC Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 2 Small Bowls
- Deep Fryer
- Paper Towels
- Perforated Ladle
- 8 ounces Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless, cut into bite-size pieces)
- ½ cup Self-Rising Flour
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tablespoons Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup Whole Milk
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- In a deep fryer, add oil and heat it to a temperature of 350℉.
- Take a small bowl and mix egg, milk, and hot sauce. Now, take the chicken pieces and dip them in the egg mixture.
- Take another bowl, mix self-rising flour, all-purpose flour, and baking powder. To the flour mixture, add salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and paprika.
- Dredge the marinated chicken in the seasoned flour. After that, once again dip them in the egg mixture and dredge them in the flour mixture.
- Gently place the nuggets in the fryer and fry them for about 5 minutes until they are golden in color.
- Then, take them out and drain them using paper towels. Your delicious KFC chicken nuggets are ready!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How are chicken nugget made?
Season the ground meat, shape the ground mixture into the nuggets, dip them with flavors batter and fry until crispy and golden brown.
What does KFC use to cook chicken?
KFC chicken is hand-breaded and rolled 7 times in the secret blend of herbs and spices before being scooped and folded in the breading. The chicken is then pressure cooked at a low temperature in canola oil to preserve that great taste.
What oil does KFC fry their chicken in?
To fry the nuggets KFC uses canola oil as it has high smoking point.
Should I boil chicken before frying?
It is not necessary to boil the chicken before frying the chicken.
This was the whole recipe for KFC chicken nuggets. Try to make this recipe at home and tell me in the comments how well you liked it. See you next time with another great recipe.