Have you heard of Kevin’s famous chili? If yes, then let’s make a knockoff style at home. Before you proceed, make sure you don’t spill it all over the floor, just like Kevin. People who haven’t watched the sitcom The Office, don’t fret. I’ll help with the quintessence of Kevin’s famous chili.
Kevin prepares his famous chili in one of the pretty good scenes of The Office. He shares a few tips to make a perfect chili. As per his recipe, don’t overcook the onions. Instead, let the onions be undercooked. This will add a pungent, savory blend.
If you haven’t watched the hilarious episode, go ahead and check out episode 26 of season 5 from TheOffice for the spilled chili episode. You will surely burst into a huge grin. Jokes apart, the recipe of Kevin’s famous chili is delicious and irresistible.
Kevin’s tweaks added to the chili bring out some delectable flavors. Get ready for rich elements that will entice your taste buds. Find the required list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions mentioned below.
What's In The Post
Other Recipes That You Can Try
- Flavorful Chicken Martini Recipe
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken Recipe
- Kylie Jenner Ramen Recipe
- Gigi Hadid Pasta Recipe
- Fried Dough Recipe
- Spaghetti Aglio E Olio Recipe
- Healthy Oatmeal For Abs Recipe
- Quiche Without Cream Recipe
- Macaroni With Chicken Strips Recipe
- Cheaters Pizza Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Kevin’s Famous Chili?
- Stock Pot – Prepare the chili using a stockpot.
- Knife – Chop the veggies with a knife.
- Grater – Grate the jack cheese using a grater.
- Ladle – Stir in the elements with a ladle.
- Masher – Mash the beans a little using a masher.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Kevin’s Famous Chili?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Kevin’s Famous Chili?
- Ground Beef – The ground beef meat will form the base of chili.
- Pinto Beans – Pinto beans are highly nutritious and creamier than black beans. Add canned pinto beans for nutty and rich aromatic flavors.
- Tomato Paste – Tomato paste will bring out zesty flavors. Moreover, tomato paste compliments the beef meat.
- Anaheim Pepper – For smoky flavors, add some chopped anaheim peppers.
- Beef Stock – Simmer the chili by adding half a cup of beef stock.
- Ripe Tomatoes – For sweet and sour flavors, add ripe tomatoes to the chili.
- Ancho Chilies – Ancho chilies have a smoky taste and earthy flavors with slightly fruity notes. Take 4 dried ancho chilies to prepare the recipe.
- Vegetable Oil – Take a tablespoon of any vegetable oil of your choice. Cook the beef using vegetable oil.
- Yellow Onions – Add chopped yellow onions to the chili.
- Garlic – Some garlic cloves will bring out a strong and aromatic blend.
- Jalapeno – For some spicy and tart flavors, add a few slices of jalapeno.
- Beer – Add half a cup of beer to the chili. It is an essential element to prepare good chili. It enhances the flavor and texture of the chili.
- Ground Cumin – Add a teaspoon of ground cumin for a warm and earthy blend of flavors.
- Cayenne Pepper – Spice up the chili with a pinch of cayenne pepper. It will add extra heat to the chili.
- Smoked Paprika – With a pinch of smoked paprika, the smoky flavors will be enhanced.
- Oregano – Add dried oregano for an herbal and peppery boost to the chili.
- Kosher Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Scallions – Scallions are also known as spring onions. Garnish the chili with some chopped scallions for the minty and savory blend.
- Jack Cheese – Top up the chili with freshly shredded jack cheese.
- Sour Cream – Add a dollop of sour cream on the top of chili.
Steps To Make Kevin’s Famous Chili
1. Initial Step
First, blend the spices like ancho chilies, cayenne pepper, ground cumin, oregano, salt, black pepper, and smoked paprika for a few seconds. Then, chop the veggies like onions, anaheim peppers, and jalapeno peppers.
2. Stock Pot’ Turn
In a stockpot, preheat oil and cook the veggies. Add onions, anaheim peppers, jalapeno peppers, and pinto beans. As we are making the chili-like The Office, we followed what Kevin said. Don’t overcook the onions. Moving forward, add minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir in for 2 minutes and instantly add tablespoons of tomato paste, ripe tomatoes, and a cup of beer. Cook for 5 minutes until fragrant.
3. Simmer The Flame
Lastly, add ground beef, spice mix, and beef stock. Simmer over medium heat. Cook the chili until the gravy is reduced to half and thickened.
Serve the chili with your favorite toppings. We garnished the chili with shredded jack cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and freshly chopped scallions!
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
How Will Kevin’s Famous Chili Look And Taste Like?
Kevin’s famous chili will surely take you back to the best episode of The Office. It is prepared with the same recipe Kevin used in the show. The flavors are perfectly emulsified to achieve delectable knockoff Kevin’s chili at home.
Kevin’s Famous Chili Recipe
- ½ pound Ground Beef
- ½ cup Pinto Beans
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- ½ cup Anaheim Pepper
- ½ cup Beef Stock
- ½ cup Ripe Tomatoes
- 2 Ancho Chilies
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Yellow Onions
- 1 tablespoon Garlic
- ½ cup Jalapeno
- 1 cup Beer
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ cup Scallions
- ½ cup Jack Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- Prepare a spice mix in a blender. Add ancho chilies, cayenne pepper, ground cumin, oregano, salt, black pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Blend for just a few seconds and the spice mix will be ready.
- Take a stockpot, heat oil, add onions, anaheim peppers, jalapeno peppers, and pinto beans. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remember not to overcook the onions. Mash the beans a little with a masher.
- Moving forward, add some minced garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for another minute.
- Then, add tomato paste, ripe tomatoes, and a cup of beef. Let the bruise cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef sirloin and mix it well. Stir in the spices blend, mixing frequently.
- Finally, add the beef stock and simmer over medium heat.
- When the chili is cooked through, serve hot. Garnish it with shredded jack cheese, scallions, and a dollop of sour cream.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What’s the secret to Kevin’s chili?
The secret step to preparing Kevin’s famous chili is to undercook the onions.
What episode is Kevin’s Chilli?
Kevin’s chili appears in the 26th episode, season 5 of The Office.
Who spills the chili in The Office?
Kevin mistakenly spills the chili in the office. It is one of the beloved scenes of The Office.
Is homemade chili healthy?
Yes, homemade chili can be healthy if prepared with the right measurement of elements.
So what are you waiting for? Get your hands on Kevin’s famous chili at home with us. Refer to the above articles for the details. Share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.