The worldwide population has become much more aware of the importance of healthy eating. Every year, millions of people adopt the keto diet, motivated by a healthier lifestyle.
“Keto” is one of the most researched topics Googled worldwide, with more than 25 million searches per year.
It wouldn’t be an understatement to say that Keto diets have become one of the most popular in recent years.
People consciously choose this very low-carb ketogenic diet to help keep their weight in control and reduce the risk factors for many different health issues.
So what do your meals look like when you’re eating 5% carbs, 20% protein, and 75% fat?
Many people on a low-carb plan like to experiment with keto recipes and look for new ingredients and techniques to prepare healthy meals.
One versatile ingredient incorporated in both sweet and savory dishes is cream cheese. Not all dairy products are low enough in carbohydrates for keto, so this is a good one to reach for to add some creaminess to your ketogenic recipes.
When cooking low-carb meals, you should always be aware of how many net carbs cream cheese has so you can measure the correct serving size.
Online resources like PlanKetogenic have cream cheese nutrition fact sheets to help people follow a keto diet.
Why not learn about some great keto recipes based on cream cheese?
Below are some of the most popular, delicious, and healthy keto recipes, including cream cheese. The best part is that these recipes are very simple to make and do not need much of your time or ingredients.
1. Easy Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes
These are the simplest low-carb pancakes of all time: just 2 ingredients! Top with low-carb fruits like blackberries, raspberries, or strawberries for a healthy breakfast with an extra sweetness.
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cream cheese
- Butter (to grease the pan)
Optional: ground cinnamon or vanilla extract
- Let cream cheese sit at room temperature to soften for about 15-20 minutes. This will ensure that the batter doesn’t get lumpy.
- Whisk the eggs, mix the cream cheese and whisk gently until completely mixed to form a batter.
- If desired, add a sprinkle of cinnamon or a small amount of vanilla extract to the batter and stir.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is completely heated, add a bit of butter to grease the pan.
- Ladle a small batter into the pan to form 1 round pancake.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until the edges are hard, then flip and cook on the other side for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Cook the remaining batter, 1 pancake at a time.
- Add your favorite fruit toppings and dig in!
An alternative keto breakfast recipe would be to adapt the popular Waffle House waffle recipe for a low-carb diet by using substitute ingredients.
- Use almond flour instead of regular flour.
- Use heavy cream, softened cream cheese, plain Greek yogurt instead of half and half, milk, and buttermilk. (Add a small amount of water to thin the batter if necessary.)
- Do not add granulated sugar. You can replace it with a low-carb sweetener like Stevia (keeping in mind that you’ll need a smaller amount) or top the waffles with berries for natural sweetness.
2. Keto Spicy Cream Cheese Chicken
You will love this savory keto cream cheese recipe packed with flavorful spices and a creamy indulgence. The perfectly pan-seared chicken covered with cream cheese will leave you and your guests drooling over the cheesy skillet dinner.
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tbsp adobo seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Mix spices in a small bowl with some salt.
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry before rubbing the spice blend into the meat.
- Heat a large skillet on medium; add the butter and then the chicken.
- Cook until the chicken is golden brown on each side.
- Add heavy cream and cream cheese, stir and cook over low heat until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the sauce is warm and bubbly.
- Garnish with some parsley before serving.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or roasted low-carb vegetables, like asparagus, zucchini, and red bell pepper.
3. Keto Cauliflower Cream Cheese Soup
Did you know that cauliflower is a good source of Vitamin C? According to the USDA food database, cauliflower has 44.3 mg of Vitamin C per 100 grams.
An average head of cauliflower weighs more than 500 grams, so just by eating ½ of this soup recipe, you’ll get more than your daily recommended amount of Vitamin C (65 to 90 mg for adults).
Prepare this healthy and delicious soup within half an hour and start feeling cozy! Perfect for a rainy day or chilly winter evening.
- 1 cauliflower, grated
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- Fresh dill
- Heat a pot over medium heat, and add butter.
- Sauté chopped onion and minced garlic cloves.
- Add the grated cauliflower and some chopped fresh dill when the onion is soft and translucent. Feel free to add some extra spices if desired.
- Pour in 2 cups of broth. Add the third cup and/or extra water if the consistency of the soup is too thick (depending on the size of the cauliflower head).
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- (Optional) for a creamier texture, blend the soup with an immersion blender.
- Finally, add the cream cheese and whisk it into the soup until it is completely melted and blended.
Ladle the delicious keto cream cheese cauliflower soup into bowls, and you can be sure they will get licked clean within minutes!
4. Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole
If you’re a casserole person, you should try out this keto chicken broccoli casserole that is easy and quick to make. The low-carb recipe is simple and doesn’t need any fancy ingredients.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup cream cheese
- Chop chicken into smaller pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, and add garlic and onion. Cook until soft.
- Add chicken and cook.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, some flavorful spices, and cream cheese.
- Finally, put everything in a casserole dish and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes. If you want, you can add other favorite low-carb veggies, such as cauliflower and zucchini.
5. Keto Creamed Spinach with Cheese
Even spinach-averse children will ask for a second helping of this irresistible keto-creamed spinach recipe brimming with goodness and creamy and cheesy flavor.
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 500 g thawed spinach
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheese of choice (e.g., cheddar, parmesan, mozzarella, Fontina)
- Take a medium pot, place it on medium heat, and add butter.
- Add some minced garlic and onion powder.
- Sauté for a few minutes before adding the thawed spinach.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pot, and cook the spinach mixture for a couple of minutes.
- Mix in cream cheese and shredded cheese
- Cook until all the cheese is melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste before serving and if desired, top the dish with freshly grated cheese.
6. Keto Lemon Bars
Here’s a ketogenic dessert recipe with cream cheese to end on a sweet note.
You can easily make these smooth, velvety, and tangy keto lemon bars with just a few ingredients.
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar-free powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/8 tsp turmeric for color
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the blended mix into the pan and bake for half an hour.
- Remove from the oven and let the lemon bars cool completely.
- For best results, pop them in the refrigerator for a few hours before eating.
The above keto diets are fat-free and are especially rich in nutrients. It is easy to prepare and does require a little amount of effort for you to enjoy this. Going through the recipes and trying them out at home would be a delight.