Shahi Kesar rabdi is an Indian delicacy served with jalebi and other desserts. Rabdi is mainly made on special occasions and festivals.
The recipe is made from thickened milk and flavored with saffron and cardamom. You can also have it with malpua, shahi tukda and rasmalai. My mother makes this awesome recipe for me for festivals like Diwali, Holi and Janmashtami. She learned the recipe from her grandmother and it tastes so good.
Shahi Kesar rabdi can be prepared by boiling milk and adding add sugar, cardamom powder, almonds, saffron and pistachio to it. Then, add the cream to it and cook for 2 minutes. Refrigerate it and the dessert is ready to serve.
Out of saffron? Here is a list of saffron substitutes that you can use. This was just an introduction to the recipe, so don’t forget to check out the complete recipe mentioned below. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Hummus Sauce– Hummus sauce is a very healthy and tasty choice of dip. In this post, let’s have a look at the recipe of the hummus sauce that you can easily make at your home.
2. Truffle Sauce– The sauce has a thick and sweet composition and, when added to desserts and cookies, can make you crave even more.
3. Raspberry Compote– Compote is a fruit syrup and is somewhat similar to jam. Everyone should always prefer to make the fruit syrups at home as they are preservative-free and fresh. The recipe is very easy to make and gets ready in less than 30 minutes.
4. Sweet Sugar Syrup– The syrup can be used to make a wide variety of desserts, cocktails and much other. It is used extensively in India for making desserts such as jalebi, gulab jamun and so many more.
Shahi Kesar Rabdi Recipe
- 50 oz. Full-Fat Milk
- 2 ½ tbsp Sugar
- 10 Sliced Almond
- ½ tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- 7 strands Saffron
- 10 Sliced Pistachio
- Boil milk in a pan over medium flame.
- When the milk starts boiling, reduce the flame to low. Make sure to stir at regular intervals of 3-4 minutes.
- When a layer of cream starts appearing on the surface of the pan, shift it towards the side pan.
- Keep cooking the milk until it is reduced to 1/3.
- Now, add sugar, cardamom powder, almonds, saffron and pistachio. Mix well.
- Use a spoon and scrape the cream from the sides into the milk. Cook for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Let it sit at room temperature and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Garnish and serve.
Make this awesome dessert for your loved ones and make them happy. Also, don’t forget to post your valuable feedback in the comment section below.