Have you ever heard about Katsu Style Ramen Noodles? I am very fond of Asian food and especially Japanese food. But I recently heard about this dish in an Asian restaurant,
After that, I searched regarding it on the internet and found out that it is Japanese cuisine and is very popular in the region. The recipe is an old Japanese one which includes a bowl of chicken and pork broth and noodles at the top of it.
The combination of that broth (which is mainly of chicken or pork) with some veggies and ramen noodles adds to its taste. This dish is very nutritious, full of flavors and healthy too.
This recipe is very simple but takes plenty of your time for the whole process. So to make this Katsu Style Ramen, we will need some ingredients which I think you can easily get from your nearest supermarket or grocery store.
Ingredients for Katsu Style Ramen
|Boiled eggs||3 pc|
|Chicken backs||2 lb|
|Chicken feet||1 lb|
|Green onions whites||15 pc|
For Pork Belly
|Boneless pork||1 ½ lb|
|Soy sauce||½ cup|
|Lemon juice||1 tsp|
|Grape juice||1 cup|
|Green onions||5 pc|
|Black peppercorn||½ tsp|
Done with the ingredients, now let’s see how much time this recipe takes to reach from kitchen to your plate. The time distribution is given below.
How Much Time it Will Take?
|Preparation time||In Active time||Cooking time||Total time|
|15 minutes||12 hours||30minutes||12 hours 45 minutes|
NOTE: You have to prepare for this recipe at least 12 hours before the day you want to eat it.
Now comes the most interesting part for what we’ve been waiting for. Yes, I am talking about the cooking procedure. So let’s start making this Katsu Style Ramen at home.
Katsu Style Ramen Recipe
- Take a stock pot and add chicken and pork pieces in it, cover this pot with water and bring it to a boil. After the water has boiled completely, let it cool and take out bones from it.
- Clean the pot and again put these bones and broth into it and add more water if you want. Bring the water to boil on the high heat and after it boils simmer the flame and keep it over the flame for 6-12 hours.
- Check the broth after 10-15 minutes when you have simmered the heat.
- In the last 30 minutes put the pork fats on the strainer or some sieves like container and place it inside the broth, cover it and let it cook for few minutes and drain out.
- It’s your choice to skin the fat or not.
- Take a pan and boil water in it and put the pork belly into it. Let it boil at high heat and drain out the scum.
- Take the same pot and put all the ingredients in it(for Chashu) and boil the mixture, once boiled put the pot in to the oven and let it cook for 5 hours.
- Stir the pot after couple of hours and ensure its proper cooking. Make sure it is smooth and moving freely.
- Once cooked properly, now let it cool. Refrigerate the pork to absorb more flavors in it.
- Now while plating or ready to eat, cut these pork slices and put them into the boiled chashu soup.
- Boil the eggs in a saucepan and take them out of their shell.
- Now put these eggs into the chashu sauce when it is cool and allow it to rest in the same sauce for 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- At the time of serving, put these eggs into the soup and enjoy.
Now bring the broth to the boil and add the chashu sauce and eggs into it along with the pork fat and garnish with some spring onions. Heat the soup and place the cooked ramen noodles into it.
Now your Katsu Style Ramen is ready. Enjoy this hot soup along with the ramen noodles and feel its delicious taste.
Nutritional Breakdown of Katsu Style Ramen
The recipe is very healthy and full of good nutrients. Check out the nutritional breakdown of these noodles below.
|Dietary fiber||3.7 gm|
How to Make Katsu Style Ramen at Home | Video
This recipe a requires a lot of patience and skills. Here is a video that will help you to make these noodles easily at home.
I hope you like this Katsu Style Ramen recipe and will try this at home. Please tell us about your valuable comments and reviews about this recipe in the comments section below. Till then stay tuned for more such recipes.