Katsu-style ramen noodles are a combination of broth (which is mainly of chicken or pork) with some veggies and ramen noodles. This dish is very nutritious, full of flavors, and healthy too.
Katsu-style ramen noodles are from Japanese cuisine and are very popular in the region. The katsu-style ramen noodles recipe is an old Japanese one that includes a bowl of chicken and pork broth and noodles at the top of it.
To make katsu-style ramen noodles, cook chicken and pork in a pot on low heat for 6 hours. Then, add grape juice, green onions, sugar, ginger, garlic, black peppercorns, water, lemon juice, and soy sauce to a pot. Cook it for 5 hours. Pour this sauce into a bowl. Add cooked ramen and boiled eggs to it. Top with pork slices and chicken. Garnish it with green onions.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Small Red Beans and Rice– Tender red beans and spicy Andouille sausage are cooked into a full-bodied dish that’s heavy on aromatics and authentic flavor. It’s that classic Southern comfort food, Louisiana Red Beans, and Rice.
2. Dumpling Noodles– This homemade noodle recipe might be the ultimate comfort food. In my family, these are the must-have every single year Thanksgiving noodles.
3. One Pot Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca– The one-pot spaghetti Alla puttanesca is the recipe that tops the chart when it comes to gets-ready-in-no-time and needs-less-effort criteria. It has simple ingredients and the whole dish comes together in one pan.
4. Peri-Peri Tofu with Kale and Mustard Seeds– Tofu is made from soybeans that are ground in water, heated, and coagulated with minerals like calcium or magnesium salt. The curds are then pressed into a block, which is then sold as tofu.
Ingredients for Katsu Style Ramen
|Chicken Backs||2 lb|
|Chicken Feet||1 lb|
|Garlic (minced)||2 inches|
|Green Onions Whites (chopped)||15|
For Pork Belly
|Boneless Pork||1 ½ lb|
|Soy Sauce||½ cup|
|Lemon Juice||1 teaspoon|
|Grape Juice||1 cup|
|Green Onions (chopped)||5|
|Black Peppercorn||½ teaspoon|
How Much Time it Will Take?
|Preparation time||In Active time||Cooking time||Total time|
|15 minutes||12 hours||30minutes||12 hours 45 minutes|
NOTE: You have to make the preparations for this recipe at least 12 hours before the day you want to eat it.
Katsu Style Ramen Recipe
- In a stock pot, add chicken and pork pieces in it. Cover them with water and bring it to a boil. After the water has boiled completely, let it cool and take out bones from it.
- Clean the pot and put these bones and broth into it again.
- Bring the water to boil on high heat. After it boils, simmer the flame and keep it over the flame for 6-12 hours.
- Check the broth after 10-15 minutes when you have simmered the heat.
- In the last 30 minutes, put the pork fats on the strainer or some sieves like container and place it inside the broth, cover it and let it cook for few minutes and drain out.
- Take a pan and boil water in it and put the pork belly into it. Let it boil at high heat and drain out the scum.
- Take the same pot and put grape juice, green onions, sugar, ginger, garlic, black peppercorns, water, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Boil this mixture. Once boiled, put the pot in the oven and let it cook for 5 hours.
- Stir the pot after couple of hours and ensure its proper cooking. Make sure it is smooth and moving freely.
- Once cooked properly, now let it cool. Refrigerate the pork so it absorbs more flavors.
- Before assembling the ramen, cut these pork slices and put them into the boiled chashu soup.
- Boil the eggs in a saucepan and take them out of their shell.
- Put these eggs into the chashu sauce when it is cool and allow it to rest in the same sauce for 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- At the time of serving, put these eggs into the soup and enjoy.
- Now bring the broth to a boil and add the chashu sauce and eggs into it.
- Also, add pork fat and garnish it with some spring onions.
- Heat the soup and place the cooked ramen noodles into it. Top with chicken and pork slices.
Nutritional Breakdown of Katsu Style Ramen
|Dietary fiber||3.7 g|