Kadai paneer is a dish made with cottage cheese that is cooked in a dense and rich gravy. The thing that makes this recipe special is the kadhai masala. The spices are cooked with onion, ginger-garlic paste, and tomatoes. Then, cottage cheese is added along with bell peppers, cream, and fenugreek.
Kadhai paneer is different than any other cottage cheese recipe. This is because of the kadhai masala that’s used in it. The kadhai masala is a mixture of many different spices that are roasted to make a perfect spice blend. This gives the recipe a distinguished flavor and aroma.
To make Kadai paneer, melt butter in a pan and roast spices and onions in it. When the onions turn golden brown, add spices, chili paste, and tomatoes to it. Add bell peppers and cottage cheese to it. Add spices, cream, and fenugreek leaves to it. Cook it for some time and then serve.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Punjabi Aloo Baingan Sabzi– The most popular state in India that kind of reinvented the Aloo Baingan Sabzi recipe is Punjab. Every food item related to Punjab is just big and delicious. People usually enjoy the Aloo Baingan Sabzi with Chapati.
2. Baby Eel in Green Sauce– The flavor of the ingredients and the eel full of nutrients was a perfect meal to satisfy both the factors that were health and taste.
3. Chinese Schezwan Paneer– A cooking style everybody’s favorite, Schezwan, especially being it oily peppery and spicy; all we need is the balance of Chinese cuisine leading to a perfect taste in one dish.
4. Bhagare Baingan Curry– Bhagare Baingan is a Hyderabad cuisine made in Punjabi way and tastes international, eaten in every part of the world. It is eaten with rice and chapatti. It is also called Nune Vankaya Kura in Telegu.
Kadai Paneer Recipe
- 150 g Cottage Cheese (cubed)
- 3 Tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ cup Onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup Green Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 2 Red Chilies
- 2 teaspoons Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 tablespoons Red Chili Paste
- 2 tablespoons Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 tablespoons Butter
- 2 teaspoons Cream
- ¼ teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- Cilantro Leaves (to garnish)
- In a preheated pan, heat a tablespoon of butter.
- Add ginger-garlic paste to it and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add coriander seeds, red chili powder, fenugreek seeds and onion to it and cook it until the onions turn golden brown for about ten minutes
- Now, add coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chilli paste and tomatoes to it. Cook this mixture for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add bell pepper to it and mix. Cook it for another 3 minutes.
- Add the cottage cheese to the gravy.
- Lastly, add garam masala, fenugreek leaves, cream and coriander leaves to it.
- Mix it well and remove the pan from heat. Keep it covered for about five minutes.
- Let it aroma of the spices infuse in the dish.
- Serve hot with rice and naan bread.