Kabocha squash is a great and easy-to-make recipe. You simply have to season it, grease it, and bake it. You’ll have a meal in less than half an hour.
Kabocha squash is a Japanese version of squash. It is quite heavy and dark in size and color. Kabocha is like a pumpkin with some more flesh and can be used as an ingredient in making kabocha soup or kabocha squash curry as well. And after all, this is considered one of the best squash known.
To make Kabocha squash, wash, clean, and cut the squash in wedges. Grease the squash with clarified butter and season it with salt and pepper. Then, bake it in the oven for 30 minutes. Your kabocha squash is ready!
This is just a summary of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Ploughman’s Lunch– This Ploughman’s Lunch is mostly famous in pubs in the United Kingdom. The reason why it is called Ploughman’s Lunch because it is what ‘a ploughman might eat’ while working on fields.
2. Rosemary Rabbit– Rosemary rabbit is a great dish with a herby flavor. Rabbit meat tastes similar to chicken meat. Rabbit meat is rich in vitamins, minerals, and protein. It is also low in fat which makes it easy to digest.
3. Mushroom Risotto– The slow-cooked mushroom risotto is a creamy dish that has some unique flavors and fresh ingredients that make it suitable for everyone. It’s healthy and has all the necessary nutrients along with the goodness of mushrooms.
4. Hobo Beans– When you want to spice up basic stewed beans, this recipe can certainly come in handy. Filled with beans, bacon, and ground beef, this makes a delicious supper for your family.
Ingredients for Kabocha Squash
|Clarified Butter||2 teaspoons|
|Kosher Salt||A pinch|
|Ground Black Pepper||1 teaspoon|
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||30 Minutes||45 Minutes|
Kabocha Squash Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400oF, keeping the rack in the middle. Wash and clean the squash fully.
- Cut the squash from the middle into two halves. It would be easier for you to cut it if you try from the top side.
- Remove the seeds and slice the squash into wedges. Apply some clarified butter on the squash wedges. Season it with some salt and black pepper.
- Keep it on a single layer foil or parchment paper and place it in the oven.
- Roast it for about 30 minutes and see if the wedges are crispy from outside or not. Once crisp, remove it from the oven and serve.
Nutritional Breakdown of Kabocha Squash