Get ready to enjoy a perfect gourmet Julia Child’s potato salad. It is an American-style potato salad with boiled eggs and crispy bacon. You can now master the basics of cooking salad recipes with us and become a food connoisseur.
For making Julia Child’s potato salad, boil the potatoes and combine them with chopped onions, celery, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, chives, salt, and pepper. Let it sit in the refrigerator for some time, and serve it later to enjoy.
A keynote to remember while you serve Julia Child’s salad: layer the lettuce before you plate the salad. Place the potato salad on top and garnish it with some bacon chunks. You are good to go!
Let the recipe below guide you through the steps. We have shared the required equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions. Keep reading to know more. Check out other best Julia Child’s recipes.
Other Julia Child’s Recipes That You Can Try
- Julia Child’s French Onion Soup
- Julia Child’s Potato Leek Soup
- Julia Child’s Beef Bourguignon Le Creuset
- Julia Child’s Coq Au Vin
- Julia Child’s Ratatouille
- Julia Child’s Beef Stroganoff
- Julia Child’s Clafoutis
- Julia Child’s Turkey
- Julia Child’s Hollandaise Sauce
- Julia Child’s Bruschetta
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Julia Child’s Potato Salad?
- Saucepan – Simmer the potatoes using a large saucepan.
- Knife – Chop the veggies with a sharp knife.
- Bowl – Combine the salad elements using a large bowl.
- Tong – Mix all the elements with a tong.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Julia Child’s Potato Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Julia Child’s Potato Salad?
- Yukon Gold Potatoes – Yukon Gold potatoes are the best for making a potato salad.
- Eggs – Julia Child adds chunks of hard-boiled eggs to the potato salad. It adds more nutrition to your diet.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for extra tart and tangy sharpness.
- Mayonnaise – Add a tablespoon of mayonnaise to the salad bowl for a creamy texture and mildly-sweet flavors.
- Potato Stock – Adding half a cup of potato stock to the potato salad dressing will enhance the flavors.
- Onions – Finely chopped onions will bring a savory crunch to the potato salad.
- Chives – A great combination of savory and garlicky notes will result from chopped chives.
- Celery – Earthy infusion added with half a cup of chopped celery will bring out refreshing flavors.
- Bacon – The cooked bacon chunks are the best option to bring out the crunch in the salad.
- Dill Pickle – Enhance the spicy sharpness with a teaspoon of dill pickle.
- Lettuce – Serve the potato salad on fresh lettuce leaves.
- Salt – Balance the taste with a pinch of salt per your choice.
- Black Pepper – Season the salad with a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Julia Child’s Potato Salad
1. Heat’s Work
The first step is to simmer the potatoes over medium heat until the potatoes are cooked through. You can add a pinch of salt to the saucepan filled with water. It allows you to season the potatoes and cook them quickly. Simultaneously, in a small saucepan, boil the eggs.
2. Salad Elements
Take a frying pan to cook the bacon until it is golden brown. Meanwhile, finely chop the onion, celery, and chives, and keep them aside.
3. Put Together
It is time to assemble the salad. So, remove the potatoes from the heat, let them sit for a while, and finely chop them into small chunks. Add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with potato stock to the potatoes.
Next, combine all the veggies in a bowl with a tablespoon of mayonnaise. Season it with salt and pepper. Finally, add crumbled bacon and hard-boiled egg chunks on the top and garnish it with a dollop of sour cream if needed. Serve to enjoy immediately, or let it sit in the fridge. The choice is yours.
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
How Will Julia Child’s Potato Salad Look And Taste Like?
Salads are a healthy and delicious treat. Julia Child’s potato salad is delightful and packed with nutritious elements. You will experience the freshness of aromatic flavors in each bite of Julia Child potato salad at home. The recipe is easy to put together and takes no time.
Julia Child’s Potato Salad
- 200 g Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Potato Stock
- ½ cup Onions
- ½ cup Chives
- ½ cup Celery
- 100 g Bacon
- 1 tablespoon Dill Pickle
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long can potato salad be stored?
The homemade or store-bought potato salad can be eaten for up to 2 days. All you need to do is to save the leftovers in the refrigerator.
What is Julia Child’s potato salad made of?
Julia Child’s potato salad comprises Yukon Gold potatoes, vinegar, mayonnaise, and bacon. Onions, celery, chives, lettuce, and seasoning.
What is Julia Child’s most famous dish?
Boeuf bourguignon, a hearty stew, is Julia Child’s most famous dish.
Is it ok to freeze potato salad?
You can completely freeze the potato salad after combining it with the other veggies.
Julia Child’s potato salad is a healthy addition to your routine diet. Incorporate all the above steps in the article to get it done right. Share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.