When you think of chicken and mushrooms, you immediately think about their taste combination.
Julia Child’s chicken and mushrooms is a savory, rich, and creamy recipe that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner.
It’s simple to make and indulgent at the same time. Start with sauteing mushrooms and shallots in the butter. Season them well. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Rub the chicken with lime juice and seasonings. Then place the chicken in the mushroom mixture and put them in the oven. Cook for twenty minutes, including flipping the chicken.
Make a creamy sauce with chicken stock, cream cheese, mushrooms, milk, wine, and seasonings. Pour over chicken and serve hot.
Julia Child does a wonderful job with chicken and mushrooms. She flavors the chicken with white wine and adds in-depth flavor to the dish.
Moreover, she makes a creamy sauce with cream cheese and milk, which adds another layer of richness to the chicken.
Are you excited to try this recipe? Don’t wait any longer. This chicken recipe is creamy and hearty.
Below is a complete step-by-step guide on preparing chicken and mushrooms from scratch. So, let’s get started! Check out other best Julia Child’s recipes.
Other Julia Child’s Recipes That You Can Try
- Julia Child’s French Onion Soup
- Julia Child’s Potato Leek Soup
- Julia Child’s Beef Bourguignon Le Creuset
- Julia Child’s Coq Au Vin
- Julia Child’s Ratatouille
- Julia Child’s Beef Stroganoff
- Julia Child’s Clafoutis
- Julia Child’s Turkey
- Julia Child’s Hollandaise Sauce
- Julia Child’s Bruschetta
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Julia Child’s Chicken And Mushroom?
- Skillet – Cook shallots and mushrooms in the skillet.
- Oven – Cook the chicken in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for ten minutes.
- Spatula – You’ll need a wooden spatula to combine the sauce ingredients.
- Saucepan – Make a creamy sauce for the recipe in the saucepan.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Julia Child’s Chicken And Mushroom?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||30 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Julia Child’s Chicken And Mushroom?
- Chicken Breast – Take a medium-sized boneless and skinless chicken breast for the recipe.
- Lime Juice – Rub the chicken with lime juice for tangy flavors.
- Butter – Melt butter in the skillet and saute in mushrooms and shallots.
- Chicken Stock – Bring chicken stock to a boil to make the sauce.
- Vermouth – Add dry vermouth wine for the additional flavors in the sauce.
- Mushrooms – For the earthy and savory flavors, add chopped mushrooms.
- Cream Cheese – Stir in cream cheese to make the sauce creamy.
- Evaporated Milk – Add evaporated milk to the sauce for a runny consistency of the sauce.
- Salt – Balance the taste of the recipe with a pinch of salt.
- Black Pepper – Season the sauce with a dash of black pepper.
Steps To Make Julia Child’s Chicken And Mushroom
1. Preheat The Oven
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Rub the chicken breast with lime juice and season with salt and black pepper.
2. Heat The Pan
Melt the butter in the large skillet. Stir in minced shallots and saute for two minutes without browning. Then add mushrooms and saute for another two minutes. Season with salt.
3. Cook The Chicken
Now add chicken breast into the skillet. Cover the skillet and place it into the oven. Cook for ten minutes in the oven. Then flip the chicken and cook for another ten minutes.
4. Make Sauce
Remove the chicken from the oven and keep it aside to cool down. Meanwhile, we will prepare the creamy soup.
Pour the chicken stock and vermouth wine into the saucepan with mushrooms. Bring to a boil until the liquid is reduced to half.
Stir in cream cheese in the saucepan. Beat well using a spatula on low heat. Stir until it becomes a thick cream.
Stir in evaporated milk gradually and combine well. Take off the saucepan from the heat. Season with salt and black pepper. Squeeze in lime juice for an extra tangy kick.
Pour the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle parsley and serve. Enjoy chicken and mushrooms.
How Will Julia Child’s Chicken And Mushroom Look And Taste Like?
Julia Child’s chicken and mushroom is a creamy and savory dish. Chicken in the mushroom sauce is so delicious and satisfying.
Creamy white sauce poured over the lemon-rubbed chicken breast with a hint of herbs and seasonings is the best combination.
Julia Child’s Chicken And Mushroom Recipe
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- ¼ cup Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup Vermouth
- 4 oz Mushrooms
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Evaporated Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rub the chicken with lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Stir in minced shallots and cook for some time.
- Then add mushrooms and cook for two minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Turn off the flame.
- Now place the chicken in the skillet.
- Please put it in the hot oven and cook for ten minutes.
- Flip the chicken into the skillet and cook in the oven for ten minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Keep it aside to cool.
- Heat the saucepan and stir chicken stock, vermouth, and mushrooms to make the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil until the liquid is reduced to half.
- Stir in cream cheese and combine.
- Gradually add evaporated milk and combine well to make a thick sauce.
- Take off from the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze in lime juice.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Sprinkle parsley on the top.
- Chicken and mushroom are ready. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are chicken and mushrooms?
Chicken and mushroom is a savory dish made with creamy sauce. Chicken is cooked in the oven along with mushrooms and seasonings. The creamy sauce is poured over the chicken to make it flavorful.
Can we cook chicken and mushrooms together?
Yes, when you cook them together, they taste amazing. Cook chicken with mushrooms and shallots for the best flavors.
What wine goes with chicken and mushrooms?
White wine of Canada, red canon, red graves, red haut Medoc, red Margaux are some of the best wines that pair well with chicken and mushrooms.
What are the sauce ingredients that go well with chicken and mushrooms?
Make the creamy sauce with chicken stock, wine, cream cheese, and evaporated milk.
What seasonings are used in Julia Child’s chicken and mushrooms?
You can use salt, pepper, and parsley for the chicken and mushroom recipe.
Look no further than her chicken and mushroom dish if you’re in the mood for a classic Julia Child recipe. This dish is hearty and flavorful, and it’s sure to please any crowd.
Best of all, it’s relatively easy to make, so you won’t spend hours in the kitchen prepping and cooking.
Give this recipe a try the next time you’re looking for a comforting meal that everyone will love.