Johnnie Walker is a brand of Scotch whiskey that was introduced by John Walker in 1820 in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland. It was originally introduced as a grocery store was called Walker’s Old Highland.but it wasn’t until 1865 that the first blend of Johnnie Walker whiskey was introduced.
Right now, the brand is owned by the giant spirits producer, Diageo. And it is sold worldwide. Johnnie Walker is originally known for its iconic square bottle design that was introduced in 1860. Their whiskeys are usually a blend of both grain and malt (the grain is mostly barley.
If you’ve come to this article, then you must be searching for the latest Johnnie Walker prices on the internet. But besides the Johnnie Walker prices, I will also tell you the varieties and cocktails that you can make with Johnnie Walker.
Johnnie Walker Prices
Johnnie Walker is one of the most famous whiskey brands in the world and the Johnnie Walker prices are a little bit higher when compared to other whiskey brands in the market. The cheapest of scotch whiskeys cost over $20.00 for a 750 ml bottle.
The prices depend on the variety of Johnnie Walker you are buying. There are several blends of Johnnie Walker whiskey such as Red Label, Black Label, Double Black Label, Green Label, Gold Label, Platinum Label, Blue Label, Johnnie Walker Swing, and Red & Cola.
You can find Johnnie Walker in almost any of the supermarket brands like Walmart, Walgreens, Target and more. So without waiting more, let’s check out the latest Johnnie Walker prices.
|Johnnie Walker Red Label Blended Scotch Whisky||750ml||$22.99 – $24.99|
|Johnnie Walker Black Label Blended Scotch Whisky||750ml||$29.99 – $32.99|
|Johnnie Walker Double Black Blended Scotch Whisky||750ml||$41.99 – $44.99|
|Johnnie Walker Green Label||750ml||$59.99 – $69.99|
|Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve Blended Scotch Whisky||750ml||$79.99 – $89.99|
|Johnnie Walker Aged 18 Years||750ml||$189.99 – $209.99|
|Johnnie Walker Blue Label Blended Scotch Whisky||750ml||$150.00 – $180.99|
Johnnie Walker Varieties
Similar to other whiskey brands, Johnnie Walker Whiskey is also present in various varieties. There are more than 20 varieties available that are divided into four categories- Johnnie Walker Colors, Limited Edition Drinks, Johnnie Walker and Sons and Pocket Scotch. So let’s check all the varieties of Johnnie Walker.
A) Johnnie Walker Colors
- Red Label– Johnnie Walker Red Label is the Pioneer Blend, the versatile one that has introduced our whisky to the world. Crafted from the four corners of Scotland, it crackles with spice and is bursting with vibrant, smoky flavours – followed by a mellow bed of vanilla, a fresh zestiness and the Johnnie Walker signature of a long, lingering, smoky finish.
- Black Label– Johnnie Walker Black Label is a true icon, recognized as the benchmark for all other deluxe blends. Created using only whiskeys aged for a minimum of 12 years from the four corners of Scotland, Johnnie Walker Black Label has an unmistakably smooth, deep character. An impressive whiskey to share on any occasion, whether you’re entertaining at home or on a night out with friends.
- Double Black– Johnnie Walker Double Black is a full-bodied whiskey, with an intense smoky character and layers of spice, inspired by our iconic Johnnie Walker Black Label. Strongly influenced by the powerful West Coast and Island whiskeys – it’s an impressive choice and ideal for sharing, whatever the occasion.
- Island Green– A dynamic interpretation of our Johnnie Walker Green Label crafted using only Single Malt Whiskies from each of the four corners of Scotland. Johnnie Walker Island Green has all the character of single malt, but with a richer flavor experience – combining notes of rich toffee, fresh black pepper. The maritime malt whiskey Caol Ila provides the greatest influence in this stunning combination of smoke, sweetness, and spice.
- Green Label- Johnnie Walker Green Label is crafted from a palette of Speyside, Highland, Lowland and Island malts matured for at least 15 years – all perfectly balanced to bring together the intense aromas of crisp cut grass, fresh fruit, wood smoke, deep vanilla, and sandalwood.
- Gold Label Reserve- Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve is a luxurious and smooth whiskey, with notes of vanilla and dark fruit – a wonderful tribute to the harmonious partnership of Speyside and Highland whiskeys, with just a hint of smoldering embers from the West Coast. Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve is made for those unforgettable nights out with amazing friends.
- Aged 18 Years– Johnnie Walker Aged 18 Years is made using whiskeys that have matured for at least 18 years. Carefully chosen for their flavor and quality, these whiskeys make for a wonderful combination of both classic and contemporary tastes – blending notes of citrus and fragrant almonds, with warm vanilla and a hint of tropical tangerines. When you’re looking for a whiskey to make any occasion or celebration extra special, Johnnie Walker Aged 18 Years is an excellent choice.
- Blue Label- Johnnie Walker Blue Label is an unrivaled masterpiece – an exquisite combination of Scotland’s rarest and most exceptional whiskeys. Only one in every ten thousand casks has the elusive quality, character, and flavor to deliver the remarkable signature taste. An extraordinary Whisky for extraordinary occasions.
B) Limited Edition Drinks
- White Walker– This limited edition blend brings you right to the Frozen North with an icy white and blue design along with the iconic Johnnie Walker Striding Man now fashioned in armor to fit in among the ranks of the Night King’s forces. Utilizing temperature-sensitive ink technology, fans will be reminded that “Winter is Here” from an unexpected graphic icy reveal on the bottle when frozen.
- Blue Label Ghost and Rare Glenury Royal– Johnnie Walker Blue Label Ghost and Rare Glenury Royal is the third in a series of special releases crafted using incredibly rare whiskeys from the unparalleled Johnnie Walker reserves. At the heart of this limited-edition whiskey lies the Highland single malt, Glenury Royal – a ‘ghost’ distillery that shut its doors in 1985 after a long and colorful history.
- Gold Label Reserve– A luxurious and smooth whiskey, with notes of vanilla, dark fruit and just a hint of smoldering embers from the West Coast. The striking metallic bottle emphasizes the gold-standard craft and ‘golden whiskeys’ that went into creating this blend, and the special moments that Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve Limited Edition is made to celebrate.
- Blue Label Year of the Rat– This Chinese New Year celebrates the prosperity and abundance of the Rat by presenting the whiskey fan in your life with a limited edition bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label.
- Black Label Origins– This drink has a rich and dark fruitiness, with red berry and stone fruit notes. It is crafted exclusively from Highland’s single malts, with Clynelish whiskey and Teaninich whiskey at its core.
- Song of Ice and Fire– Johnnie Walker Song of Ice is a blended Scotch whiskey inspired by these wild dwellers of the North.
C) Johnnie Walker & Sons
- The Johnnie Walker– It is known as the Founder’s Blend, the nose of this whiskey is rich and redolent of mature fruits with youthful aromas of fresh citrus – delivering a soft sweetness and signature smoke in the finish.
- King George V– An opulent and regal whiskey with hints of roasted nuts, dark chocolate and an imposing sweet smokiness combined elegantly with suggestions of honey, citrus orange, and rose petals.
- XR 21– This drink is created to honor Master Blender Alexander Walker II, this blend is an assured, balanced and elegant, with layers of citrus zest, ripened tropical fruits and hints of tobacco.
- Private Collection 2017 Collection– Rare and experimental casks were selected to contribute distinctive flavors to the 2017 Edition, giving it an intense vanilla sweetness blended with sumptuous oak-rich fruit notes.
- The John Walker Master– The John Walker Masters’ Edition is an elegant and triple-matured Scotch whiskey that has been crafted from six exceptionally rare and ‘ghost’ whiskeys, each aged for a minimum of 50 years.
- Private Collection 2018 Collection– The fifth and final edition in the John Walker & Sons Private Collection, the 28 Year Old Midnight Blend is a smooth and indulgent Scotch Whisky to be shared amongst friends and best enjoyed after dinner.
D) Pocket Scotch
Johnnie Walker Pocket Scotch is the portable whiskey that goes wherever you go. It’s the perfect way to share your Johnnie Walker Red Label or Johnnie Walker Black Label with friends. It’s still the same award-winning whiskey, just pocket-sized – in compact 20cl bottles.
I’ve told you all the varieties of Johnnie Walker above. There are 16 Cocktails that you can make with Johnnie Walker and all those 16 cocktails are mentioned above.
- Johnnie & Ginger– This drink is made with 50 ml Johnnie Walker Red Label, 150 ml ginger ale, and Lemon wheel garnish.
- Johnnie & Lemon– This drink is made with 50 ml Johnnie Walker Red Label, 150 ml White lemonade, and Orange wedge garnish.
- Johnnie & Green Tea– Thi drink is made with 50 ml Johnnie Walker Red Label, 150 ml sweet green tea, and Cucumber garnish.
- Johnnie & Elderfruit– Thi drink is made with 50 ml Johnnie Walker Red Label, 30 ml Elderflower cordial, 100 ml of Soda Water and Mint sprig garnish.
- Johnnie & Peach– This drink is made with 50ml Johnnie Walker Red Label, 150ml Sparkling Peach Iced Tea, and Lemon wedge garnish.
- Whiskey Old Fashioned– This drink is made with 60 ml Johnnie Walker Black Label, 10 ml simple syrup and 2 dashes aromatic bitters.
- Whiskey Sour– This drink is made with 60 ml Johnnie Walker Black Label, 22 ml lemon juice, 22 ml simple syrup, 2 dashes aromatic bitters and Add-in optional egg white.
- Whiskey Algonquin– This drink is made with 45ml Johnnie Walker Red Label, 22ml dry vermouth, 22ml unsweetened pineapple juice and 2 dashes orange bitters (optional).
- Whiskey Godfather– This drink is made with 45 ml Johnnie Walker Black Label and 15 ml Amaretto.
- Whiskey Rob Roy– This drink is made with 60ml Johnnie Walker Red Label, 30ml sweet vermouth, 2 dashes aromatic bitters, and Orange zest.
- Whiskey Rusty Nail- This drink is made with 45 ml Johnnie Walker Red Label and 15 ml Drambuie.
- Whiskey Presbyterian– This drink is made with 45 ml Johnnie Walker Black Label, 30 ml ginger ale and 20 ml club soda.
- Whiskey Penicillin– This drink is made with 45 ml Johnnie Walker Black Label, 15 ml ginger liqueur, 22ml honey syrup, 22 ml lemon juice, and 2 dashes aromatic bitters.
- Whiskey Bobby Burns– This drink is made with 60 ml Johnnie Walker Red Label, 22 ml sweet vermouth, 15 ml Benedictine and 2 dashes aromatic bitters.
- Whiskey Hot Toddy– This drink is made with 50ml Johnnie Walker Black Label, 20ml lemon juice, 20ml honey, and 100ml hot water.
- Whiskey Blood and Sand– This drink is made with 30 ml of Johnnie Walker Black Label, 30 ml cherry liqueur, 30 ml sweet vermouth, 30 ml orange juice (freshly squeezed), and 10 ml lemon juice.