Joe’s special beef and eggs are a healthy and nutritious breakfast that you can make in no time. This is a great meal for breakfast and even for brunch.
This recipe is just a mix of scrambled eggs and beef incorporated with some ground spices and spinach. It got its name after a restaurant called Original Joe’s in San Fransisco introduced this recipe to its menu in the 1920s. Since then, this recipe has become popular and has got the name of Joe’s special recipe.
To make Joe’s special beef and eggs, mix eggs, salt, hot pepper sauce, basil, and pepper in a bowl. Melt butter in a pan and cook onions in it. Then, add beef to it and cook it. Then, add spinach and cook it along with the beef until the water is absorbed. Then, add the egg mixture to it and cook it until the eggs are set. Transfer to a plate and serve with toast.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Oxo Roast Potatoes– This is a side dish and is light for your body as well. Although it has potatoes, they are boiled and roasted, which makes them healthy and acceptable if you have restricted diet plans.
2. Baked Stuffed Lobster– Lobster always remains attractive as seafood. But this combination of lobster with shrimp will be a super different concept for a fancy dinner.
3. Beef Bourguignon– A very popular and known French recipe that is cooked slowly with some exceptional ingredients in it. The ingredients include some red wine, slices of bacon, and veggies that give it a different taste.
4. Turkey Pastrami– To make Turkey Pastrami we have to bring the meat properly and it will be prepared after taking it from different processes that take time to make it possible.
Joe’s Special Beef and Eggs Recipe
- 6 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Hot Pepper Sauce
- Salt (as per taste)
- ½ teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 1 medium Yellow Onion (chopped)
- ½ pound Ground Beef
- ¾-1 pound Fresh Spinach
- Take a small bowl and break the eggs into it. Sprinkle some salt, hot pepper sauce, basil, and pepper and whisk it well until large bubbles begin to form.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add onion to it and saute it until it gets soft and doesn’t turn brown.
- Now, add the beef into the skillet and cook it until it turns brown.
- Add the spinach to the skillet and let it cook along with the beef for about 3-4 minutes.
- Cook the beef until the excess water is absorbed. Then, add the egg mixture all around.
- Stir it well and mix the eggs and meat until the eggs are set.
- When the eggs are cooked, remove the skillet from heat. Serve it immediately with buttered toast.