Jicama is a root vegetable that can be a healthy substitute for a potato. If you want to have a spicy vegan salad, then this Jicama salad is perfect for you. It has bell peppers but also the refreshing touch of cucumbers, lime juice and chunks of a navel orange. It gets ready in no time and is delicious and healthy.
For those of you who don’t know, the Jicama is a starchy root vegetable. It has white and juicy flesh. If you want to have an idea about its taste, it tastes like an apple but less sweet. It also has fewer carbohydrates and calories than a potato but is rich in fiber and vitamins. This makes it a healthy alternative to potatoes.
To make Jicama salad, put all the chopped vegetables like Jicama, bell peppers, cucumbers, onion and orange in a bowl. Pour lime juice and season with cayenne, paprika and salt. Garnish with cilantro and let it rest for half an hour. After the flavors have been fused, serve!
Ready to make a healthy salad? If so, then follow the complete recipe below and know how to make one. All the necessary details are given below. But before going to the full recipe, let’s check out some other healthy salads as well.
1. Texas Caviar– It is one of my favorite recipes as it is full of freshness and flavors. Caviar makes a perfect snack for a hot afternoon. It goes well along with chips, cheese crackers. This quick recipe will be a great last-minute dish for a fancy gathering at your home.
2. Pea And Peanut Salad– Pea and peanut salad is a crunchy and refreshing recipe and a different approach from traditional salads. It is a loved recipe even by people who don’t really like peas. It is also very easy to make doesn’t take much time.
3. Caprese Pasta Salad– It is just a twist to your classic Caprese salad. It incorporates all the ingredients of a regular Caprese salad recipe and uses them all into making a delicious pasta salad.
4. Conch Salad– If seafood is your first love, then here is an exotic dish from the coasts of the Bahamas for you. Conch Salad is a staple of Bahamas island. A fresh bowl of Conch Salad is a perfect way to embrace Bahamian culture.
Jicama Salad Recipe
- Serving Bowl
- 1 large Jicama
- ½ Red Bell Pepper
- ½ Yellow Bell Pepper
- ½ Green Bell Pepper
- ½ cup Red Onion
- ½ Cucumber
- 1 Navel Orange
- ½ cup Fresh Cilantro
- ⅓ cup Lime Juice
- pinch Cayenne
- pinch Paprika
- Take a large serving bowl and add all the chopped vegetables to it. Toss them and mix them well.
- Pour the lime juice over this mixture and season it with some salt, paprika and cayenne.
- Let it rest for about half an hour before you serve it, so all the flavours combine.
I hope you have liked this salad recipe. I recommend you make this healthy salad for your family and guests and do share your experience in the comment section. We would love to hear from you. Also, mention your queries in the comments and I’ll make sure to answer them. Till then, have a great time and happy cooking!