We all know the value of a dish with chicken in it, especially for a person who loves to eat non-vegan food. Chicken has always been a favorite food for every non-vegan lover. And there are several reasons for it. Chicken is easy to make, is readily available and has a great taste and flavor. But the most exciting part is that there are numerous ways in which you can make this chicken. What I mean is that you will find numerous recipes and different styles of chicken recipes around the world.
Today, I will be sharing such a delicious recipe of chicken that will make you feel out of this world. This recipe is quite famous all over the globe and is known by various names. So, today we are all set to make Jerk Chicken. Have you heard this name before? If not then, I must tell you this is a type of BBQ chicken that we usually like to have. Jerk chicken is Jamaican cuisine but is quite popular in the American sub-continent.
This recipe is just like a regular BBQ recipe having a little change in its spices. This recipe results in a great texture and keeps the chicken filled with the juice that it carries. All crispy outside and juicy inside with a touch of smoky flavor. And we all know how healthy chicken is for our body, and making it without excessive oils and fats makes it a perfect choice for those who have a restricted diet or are dieting.
Don’t have allspice berries to make ground allspice? Here is the list of allspice berries substitutes for you that you can use. Do give it a read!
So, let’s initiate the procedure of making this easy jerk chicken recipe and see how it is actually made. Each and every detail that is required to make this recipe will be provided below. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Top Round Roast Beef– This top round roast beef is very flavourful and delicious compared to other beef dishes because this recipe is prepared from the upper thigh of the cow’s hindquarters that is the most flavourful part of the whole cow.
2. Barbecued Chicken– Barbequed chicken is an easy to make chicken recipe. It needs simple ingredients and the charred grill flavor just hits right.
3. Charcoal Chicken– The recipe is called Charcoal Grilled Chicken and is made using the best quality charcoal such that a smoky and intense flavor gets infused within every piece of that chicken.
4. California Grilled Chicken– This skinless, boneless chicken is a delicious treat for all meat lovers. California Grilled Chicken recipe as it is famously called is quite easy to make at your homes as well.
Ingredients for Jerk Chicken
|Chicken Pieces||10 pc.|
|Green Onions||6 pc.|
|Habanero Peppers||2 Pc.|
|Ginger||1 ½ inch|
|Lime Juice||⅓ cup|
|Soy Sauce||¼ cup|
|Brown Sugar||1 ½ tsp.|
|Thyme Leaves||1 tsp.|
|Black Pepper||1 tsp.|
|Ground Allspice||1 tsp.|
I am sure you will get these ingredients from the supermarket store and these are the necessary ones. So get them and hop straight into your kitchen to begin the preparations of this Jerk Chicken.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||50 Minutes||1 Hour 5 Minutes|
This recipe will take 1 hour and 5 minutes. Just a wait of 1 hour and you will get a mesmerizing and tempting dish that is both delicious and look pretty beautiful.
To conclude this recipe, here are the steps that you have to follow. These steps will lead you to the most delicious Chicken jerk recipe ever and you will love it.
Jerk Chicken Recipe
- Put your chicken in a resealable bag or box anything you have.
- Add the ingredients to a food processor or blender and make a coarse mixture of it. Put this mixture in the bag, mix it and keep it in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 375F, align a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray some cooking oil.
- Remove the chicken from the marination and place the pieces on the baking sheet. Bake it for about 45-50 minutes and wait until its color changes.
- Now is the time to grill. Place a wire rack on your grill and keep it on medium-high heat. Rub the grill lines with some oil.
- Place the chicken pieces on the grill and cook them until they turn dark brown. Make sure both sides are cooked properly. It will take about 30 minutes.
Your Jerk Chicken is ready. You can now have this chicken recipe on your plate with any drink or beverage that you like. The crisp and juicy chicken is what makes this recipe so tempting and fantastic.
Nutritional Breakdown of Jerk Chicken
To know about the nutritional values and the exact amount of nutrients present in this Jerk Chicken, here is the table that you should check.
How to Make Jerk Chicken at Home | Video
Here is a video that you can watch to make this Jamaican jerk chicken at home if you have any doubts or want more details.
I hope you’ve liked this Jerk Chicken and will make it in your kitchen someday. Don’t forget to respond with any suggestions or reviews regarding this delicious chicken recipe in the comments box below.