Today, we will learn how to make jasmine rice recipe. This rice is famous all across South East Asia. It is a long-grain rice that is native to Thailand.
As the name suggests, jasmine rice is lovely and subtly fragrant. It is softer than most of the rice. So, without waiting anymore, let’s look at the quick recipe.
To make jasmine rice, rinse the rice. In a medium saucepan, boil water. Then, add rice and salt to it. Cover it and keep on a low flame for fifteen minutes until all the water is absorbed. When the rice is cooked, let it rest for ten minutes with the lid on. Your jasmine rice is ready to serve.
The package instructions usually call for one and half cup of water for every one cup of rice. Adding a bit more water can make the rice softer.
However, you can use one and forth cups of water for every one cup of rice to keep the rice fluffy and not mushy. It’s very important to understand the kind of rice you want and pour in water accordingly.
This was just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are many other recipes that you can make with rice, I highly recommend you to check them as well.
Other Bread Recipes That You Can Try
- Buttermilk Spoon Bread Recipe
- Spinach Spoon Bread Recipe
- Golden Sweet Cornbread Recipe
- DownEast Maine Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Sweet Potato Rolls Recipe
- Crumbly And Fluffy Angel Biscuits Recipe
- Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe
- Brioche Rolls Recipe
- Christmas Tree Bread Recipe
- Ciabatta Stuffing Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jasmine Rice?
- Saucepan – Use a saucepan to cook the rice.
- Spatula – With the help of spatula, you can stir ingredients.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jasmine Rice?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jasmine Rice?
- Jasmin Rice – It has a delicate floral aroma and a slightly sweet flavor.
- Water – Cook rice in water.
- Salt – Use salt to taste for flavoring the rice.
Steps To Make Jasmine Rice
1. Rinse Rice
Place the rice in a bowl of water and swish it with your hands. Drain the water, and repeat the process two to three times. This helps to remove excess starch from the rice.
2. Cook Rice
In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add salt and rice. Cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Allow the rice to simmer for fifteen minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
Taste the rice to see if it is too firm. If it is, add a few more tablespoons of water. Cover the saucepan, and let the rice absorb the remaining water. Do not lift the lid, as this will release the steam and the rice will become mushy.
3. Serve And Enjoy
Turn off the heat, and let the rice rest for ten minutes. This allows the grains to continue cooking from the heat, and make sure that they are cooked properly from the middle.
How Will Jasmine Rice Look And Taste Like?
Jasmin rice is a fragrant and delicious rice recipe. It has a beautiful, pearly-white color and a delicate aroma. It has a sweet, nutty taste that’s absolutely addictive! It’s not as bland as regular white rice.
You can pair it with stir-fry veggies, curries and even sushi too. It will level up the standard of any recipe. So, go ahead and try this amazing rice.
Jasmine Rice Recipe
- 1 cup Jasmin Rice
- 1¼ cup Water
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- It’s advisable to first clean the rice by placing it in a bowl of water and swishing it with your hands, then drain. Repeat it 2-3 times.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil and add salt and rice.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- Here, you need to taste the rice; if it is still too firm, few more tablespoons of water need to be added.
- Cover the pan and let the rice absorb the rest of the water. Do not lift the lid.
- Time to turn off the heat and let the rice rest for 10 minutes. It is important to make sure that the grains are cooked properly from the middle.
- Use a rubber spatula to scoop out rice from the bowl and serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you know when jasmine rice is cooked?
Jasmine rice is cooked when all the water is absorbed, and the grains are soft and fluffy.
What can you serve with jasmine rice?
Jasmine rice is a great accompaniment to many dishes, such as stir-fry, curries, grilled meats, and vegetables.
Can jasmine rice be cooked in a rice cooker?
Yes, you can cook jasmine rice in a rice cooker.
How do you store cooked jasmine rice?
Store cooked jasmine rice in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
So there you have it, jasmine rice in a nutshell! If you haven’t tried it before, I highly recommend giving it a try. It’s a wonderful addition to any meal and is sure to become a staple in your kitchen. Thank you for stopping by!