The recipe of Japanese Cookies straight from Japan is here on TheFoodXP. In this post, I will share the recipe of these cookies that I learned from a chef in Japan.
In 2018, I was doing a Japanese Cuisine course and in those days, I came to know about Japanese Cookies. I love these cookies very much and my family is fond of these cookies so much. So without wasting any time, let’s see how these cookies are made.
Japanese Cookies require cake flour, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and egg. Blend sugar and flour. Now add butter, eggs and extract. Then make a dough and divide it into 2. Mix cocoa powder with dough and refrigerate for 40-50 mins. At last, bake for 20-25 mins and cookies are ready.
The order of ingredients is very important in this recipe. So make sure you follow the complete recipe below and make the cookies in the perfect order. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Graham Cracker Crust– Graham Cracker Crust is crunchy, buttery and tasty. It can be put in use to make cream pies, key lime pie, cheesecake or any pie that you wish for. Homemade pies certainly seem precious to me.
2. Black and White Cookies– Have you heard about New York’s Special Black and White Cookies? If yes, then you must know that they are the best cookies out there.
3. Heath Bar Cookie– If you appreciate a good Heath Bar or English Toffee you will love these delicious, easy to make cookies. They are slightly soft and incredibly chewy with a nice crunch along the edge.
4. Gingerbread Men Cookie– These cookies that we are about to make are called gingerbread man cookies. This is because it is made in the shape of a human. So, these cookies will be the best choice for your small parties or your kid’s birthday party.
Ingredients for Japanese Cookies
- 240 gm Cake flour
- 100 gm Powdered sugar
- 120 gm Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pc Egg
I hope these ingredients are already available at your home and if not so, then no need to worry. You can have them from any of the nearest supermarket or grocery store.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Japanese Cookies?
This recipe is quite easy but will take some time to prepare. You have to be patient. So let’s see how much time does these Japanese Cookies take to prepare.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 mins||1 hour 20 mins||1 hour 40 mins|
So this will help you to manage your time accordingly. Moving on, here is the main step which you will look for in this recipe. So let’s start preparing.
Steps to Make Japanese Cookies
- In a food blender, mix sugar and flour and blend it until fine.
- Now introduce the butter and mix it until it melts and add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix it well until a dough forms.
- Take out the dough and knead it to form it into a ball.
- Make two halves of the dough and mix the cocoa powder in it.
- After mixing it, make sure your dough is in a rectangular shape and then place the dough between a couple of parchment paper and roll out the dough to make it less thick. Do similar with the whole remaining dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 40-50 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 165-degree c and align the baking sheets with parchment paper, make desired shapes of the cookies and put them on baking sheets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until their edges are light brown in color. Then let it cool until they are soft.
Congratulations, you have successfully made the Japanese butter cookies without even visiting Japan. Well, all credits go to you guys. Jokes apart, enjoy these cookies with your family and friends.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Japanese Cookies
Well, these cookies are homemade and no harmful ingredients are allowed at home. So these are safe and very healthy but to know more about its nutritional values. Check the table below.
|Dietary fiber||0.6 gm|
How To Make Japanese Cookies at Home | Video
This recipe is not difficult at all but I have something for you to make this more attractive. Check out this video, which will help you to make this recipe and cookies tastier.
I hope you like this Japanese Cookies recipe. If yes, please let us know in the comments section below. We would love to hear from you guys. Till then stay safe and happy cooking.