I am very fond of banana bread dishes with Janet’s Banana Bread being one of my favourites. I learnt to make it from my mother who is best at making banana bread. She has magic in her hands and I was desperate enough to cook them for her.
Prompted by the desire to make banana bread for my mother and my fondness for it, I learnt to make it pretty soon. Much to my surprise, my mother complimented me that it was the most delicious banana bread she ever had. I was so thrilled at hearing this. Now, I surprise her sometimes by cooking Janet’s Banana Bread and she feels quite happy.
Janet’s banana bread recipe is one of the best banana bread recipes. We can’t imagine a world without banana bread, can we? This sweet and moist Janet’s Banana Bread is a lip-smacking dish you would love to have. Simple to make, Janet’s Banana Bread is the fantastic banana bread ever.
Without further ado, let us check out the Janet’s Banana Bread Recipe.
Ingredients required for Janet’s Banana Bread Recipe
|Melted butter||1/2 cup|
|White sugar||1 cup|
|Vanilla extract||1 teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1/2 cups|
|Baking soda||1 teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1/2 cup|
|Chopped walnuts||1/2 cup|
|Sliced, medium sized bananas||2|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||1 hour||1 hour 10 minutes|
Janet’s Banana Bread Recipe
- Take a large bowl firstly. Mix sugar and melted butter together in it.
- Now, put eggs and vanilla into it and combine them as well.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt well and add them to prepared butter mixture. Ensure the mixture gets smooth after constant stirring.
- Spread sour cream, walnuts and bananas evenly onto the loaf pan (which should be greased during preparation).
- Bake the loaf in a preheated oven( 350 F or 175 C) for about an hour.
- Keep the loaf in the pan so that it gets cooled down for about 10 minutes.
- Lastly, place the loaf on a wire rack so that is cooled down completely.
Nutritional Information of Janet’s Banana Bread Recipe
|Total fats||11.1 gm|
|Saturated fats||5.4 gm|
|Vitamin A||282 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|