Turkey is a very popular meat at Thanksgiving, and it also makes a great main dish for any party or potluck.
Jamie Oliver turkey recipe is quite simple and easy to cook. All you need is the best turkey recipe ingredients and some time to prepare them properly.
To make turkey in Jamie Oliver’s style, firstly, rub the turkey with a lot of flavored butter. Then stuff from the neck cavity with pork and onion mixture.
Stuff the cavity with fresh herbs and clementines. Chop veggies and put them all in the roasting tray. Roast for four hours. You will get a nice and juicy turkey for your holiday season.
I know making turkey for the first time can be intimidating. Just keep a few things in mind. Season your turkey well and stuff well.
Moreover, Jamie Oliver recommends taking at least 7 kg of birds for the perfect feast experience.
He uses flavored butter and stuffs the turkey with pork and onion mixture. It makes your turkey extra rich and lavish.
The process is long and daunting, but it is worth a try. Follow the easy turkey recipe steps mentioned below.
Also, note down the equipment list and checkmark all the ingredients you need for this recipe. Before you proceed with the recipe, check out the list of other Jamie Oliver recipes.
Other Jamie Oliver Recipes That You Can Try
- Jamie Oliver Eggplant Parmesan
- Jamie Oliver Roasted Cauliflower
- Jamie Oliver Lasagna
- Jamie Oliver Gnocchi
- Jamie Oliver Chicken In Milk
- Jamie Oliver Coleslaw
- Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Carbonara
- Jamie Oliver Lobster Spaghetti Pasta
- Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese
- Jamie Oliver Seafood Linguine
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Turkey?
- Oven – Roast turkey in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roasting Tray – Place vegetables and turkey over the roasting tray to cook.
- Knife – Use a knife to chop all the vegetables.
- Metal Skewer – Insert a metal skewer in the turkey to lift the bird.
- Foil Paper – Cover the turkey with foil paper during the roasting process.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Turkey?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||4 Hours 10 Minutes||4 Hours 25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Turkey?
- Turkey – You will marinate with flavored butter, salt, and pepper.
- Flavored Butter – For this recipe, use flavored butter to rub over the turkey. This butter is the perfect blend of spice and seasoning.
- Pork And Onion Mixture – To stuff the neck cavity of the turkey, use pork and onion mixture.
- Clementine – Clementines are juicy fruits that give the turkey a zesty and fruity flavor while roasting.
- Onions – Place carrots on the roasting tray to give the turkey a nice savory flavor.
- Carrots – Chop carrots to put them on the roasting tray along with the turkey.
- Celery Stick – We’ll take celery sticks for the refreshing flavors.
- Rosemary – Stuff turkey with a rosemary sprig for the lemony and woodsy flavor.
- Thyme – Thyme adds an earthy and minty flavor to the turkey.
- Bay Leaves – Stuff turkey with bay leaves for a distinct fragrance.
- Sea Salt – Season turkey with flakey sea salt.
- Black Pepper – Sprinkle black pepper on the top of the turkey for a hint of spiciness.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Turkey
1. Butter Turkey
Use a spoon to work between your turkey’s skin and the meat. Work from the cavity above the leg towards the breastbone and the back.
Create a large cavity. Now pick the butter and put it into the cavity. Butter the cavity by using your hands. Do the same process on the other side of the turkey.
Cut clementines into half and stuff them into the cavity for a tangy kick. The fruit will steam and will enhance the flavor of the turkey.
Cover the turkey in plastic wrap and refrigerate until you need it.
2. Season Turkey
Take the turkey from the refrigerator for a few hours before roasting it in the oven. Keep it outside until it sets a room temperature.
Once it’s at room temperature, season the cavity with fresh herbs like rosemary, bay leaves, and thyme. These herbs will nicely flavor the turkey.
Open up the neck cavity of the turkey and fill it with pork and onion mixture. Put the bird in the roasting tray after removing the skin from the cavity.
3. Preheat The Oven
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Roughly chop carrots, onions, and celery sticks to put them in the roasting pan and the turkey. Cover the turkey with foil paper and roast.
Turn down the oven heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the roasting pan in the oven. Cook turkey for four hours. If you take 2.2 pounds of turkey, it will take four hours to cook.
Check your turkey every thirty minutes. After three and a half hours, remove the foil paper and roast until golden brown and crispy.
4. Serve Turkey
Insert a metal skewer carefully into the cavity and lift the bird over the roasting tray, allowing all the juices to drain.
Make sure the turkey is kept warm for at least 30 minutes by covering it with a double layer of tinfoil and two tea towels.
Jamie Oliver turkey is ready to enjoy your holiday season.
How Will Jamie Oliver Turkey Look And Taste Like?
Jamie Oliver’s turkey recipe is perfect for the holiday season. It’s tender meat and a crispy golden brown top.
The turkey is stuffed with herbs, seasonings, and juicy fruit. When roasting the turkey, the vegetables add a nice fragrance and flavor.
Jamie Oliver Turkey Recipe
- Roasting Tray
- Metal Skewer
- Foil Paper
- 7 kg Turkey
- 125 g Flavored Butter
- 1½ cup Pork And Onion Mixture
- 1 Clementine
- 2 Onions
- 1 Carrots
- 2 sticks Celery Stick
- ½ Rosemary
- ½ Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Start with rubbing the turkey with the flavored butter all around the bird.
- Now stuff the turkey from the neck side with pork and onion mixture.
- Place clementines, thyme, sage, bay leaves, and rosemary sprigs into the cavity.
- Place chopped onion, celery sticks, and carrots in the roasting pan.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now place the turkey over the roasting pan.
- Cover it with foil paper.
- Keep down the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and roast for four hours.
- Check your turkey every thirty minutes.
- After three and a half hours of roasting, remove the foil paper and cook for thirty minutes in the oven.
- Remove the turkey from the oven.
- Jamie Oliver’s turkey is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the secret to a moist turkey?
For a moist turkey, brine the turkey before roasting. It will deeply moisturize the turkey.
What kind of herb butter is used for turkey?
Jamie Oliver uses herb-flavored butter for the turkey. It is made with spices and herbs.
What’s the best way to season a turkey?
Season the turkey with salt and black pepper. Brush oil or butter over the turkey and rub it with the seasoning mixture.
Is it better to cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
The ideal way to cook the turkey is both covered and uncovered. Cover the turkey with foil paper in the first three hours of cooking. Roast it uncovered in the last thirty minutes of cooking. So the top will become crispy and golden brown.
What should I put in the cavity of my turkey?
You can put thyme, lemon, onion, and garlic into the cavity of your turkey. Brush the turkey with flavored butter and season with salt and black pepper.
This Turkey Recipe is the perfect way to cook a turkey for Thanksgiving or any other special occasion.
The skin comes out crispy and golden brown, while the meat is cooked evenly throughout and infused with rosemary, thyme, and garlic flavor. This recipe is sure to become a family favorite!