Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese is similar to Italian Bolognese but Jamie Oliver has made it extra healthy and delicious than the traditional recipe. In this post, let’s see how you can make this awesome recipe just like Jamie Oliver at your home.
My mom used to make this tasty recipe for me when I was a kid. But when it was my sophomore year, I had to shift to another state and really missed the flavors of the recipe. So, I called my mom and asked for the recipe over call and she explained each and every step. Now, I have been making this recipe for over 2 years and can make it flawlessly.
The first step in making Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese is to chop the veggies. Now, cook the bacon followed by cooking the beef mince with tomato, tomato puree and veggies. Then, prepare the Bolognese sauce by adding water and stock. At last, boil the spaghetti and mix with the sauce. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and the recipe is ready!
Well, this is a bit complex recipe so, I suggest you follow each and every step of the recipe very carefully to make it perfectly just like Jamie Oliver. Now, its time grab the ingredients to start making the recipe.
Ingredients For Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese
- 3 Red Onions
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Sticks of Celery
- 3 Carrots
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- Olive Oil
- 2 Rashers of Smoked Streaky Bacon or Pancetta
- 500 g Lean Beef (minced)
- 400 g Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Balsamic or Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 Organic Low-Salt Beef Stock Cube
- 40 g Parmesan Cheese
- 500 g Dried Spaghetti
These are the ingredients that you’ll need to make Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese. Now, let’s see how much time it will take to make the recipe.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||60 Minutes||90 Minutes|
Let’s see what are the steps to make the recipe.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese
- First, peel and finely chop the onions, carrots and garlic on a chopping board. Now, trim and finely chop the celery.
- Then, trim and finely chop the celery and rosemary leaves.
- At last, finely slice the bacon or pancetta.
- Now, take a large sauce-pan and add 1 tbsp olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add the bacon, garlic, rosemary and other chopped vegetables. Cook them for 10-15 minutes or until softened and browned with the lid ajar.
- Now, stir in the beef mince and cook for 5-10 minutes or until browned and softened on high heat. Make sure you keep stirring it frequently.
- Then, add the tomatoes, vinegar, tomato purée and bay leaves.
- Add the stock cube and 400 ml water to a kettle. Let it boil over high heat and stir continuously.
- Reduce to low heat and season with pepper. Cover and let it simmer for nearly 1 hour and stir occasionally.
- Now, remove the lid and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until reduced and thickened.
- In the meanwhile, re-fill and boil the kettle.
- Fill large pot three-quarters of the way up with the boiling water and add a pinch of salt. Then, again bring it back to a boil.
- Now, it’s time to cook the spaghetti. So, add the spaghetti and cook according to packet instructions. Make sure it should be soft enough to eat but have a bit of firmness and bite.
- Grate parmesan cheese using a microplane.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, then ladle out a cup of water and reserve it for later. Drain the rest into a colander.
- If you want to add a little more pepper or vinegar to Bolognese sauce, then you can add it as per your taste. Don’t forget to discard the bay leaves from the sauce.
- You can freeze half of the sauce for another day as it is extra in quanity and stir the remaining into the spaghetti.
- If you feel that pasta is a little hard, then add a splash of water to loosen it.
- Your tasty recipe is almost ready. At last, divide the spaghetti into bowls and sprinkle some parmesan cheese.
Bon Appétit! Enjoy your delicious meal!
Nutritional Breakdown Of Spaghetti Bolognese Jamie Oliver
If you’re diet-conscious, then make sure you check out the nutritional facts of the recipe mentioned below.
How to Make Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese At Home | Video
This was a bit long and complicated recipe, so make sure you watch the similar video recipe below to clear all your doubts.
This is the Best Spag Bol Recipe and I love Jamie Oliver Pasta Dishes (mouth-watering). You can follow the link for Seafood Pasta Recipe Jamie Oliver and I’m sure you’ll love the Jamie Oliver Lobster Spaghetti equally.
This was all from my side and now it’s yur turn to make this awesome recipe at your home. We are eagerly waiting for your reviews in the comment section below, so that we can improve our recipe even more.