Jamie Oliver’s Spaghetti Bolognese is similar to Italian Bolognese but Jamie Oliver has made it extra healthy and delicious than the traditional recipe. In this post, let’s see how you can make this awesome recipe just like Jamie Oliver at home.
My mom used to make this tasty recipe for me when I was a kid. But when it was my sophomore year, I had to shift to another state and really missed the flavors of the recipe. So, I called my mom and asked for the recipe over call and she explained each and every step. Now, I have been making this recipe for over 2 years and can make it flawlessly.
The first step in making Jamie Oliver’s spaghetti Bolognese is to chop the veggies. Now, cook the bacon followed by cooking the beef mince with tomato, tomato puree and veggies. Then, prepare the Bolognese sauce by adding water and stock. At last, boil the spaghetti and mix with the sauce. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and the recipe is ready!
Did you know that you can use spaghetti instead of ramen if needed? Here is a list of ramen noodles substitutes that you should know about.
Well, this is a bit complex recipe so, I suggest you follow each and every step of the recipe very carefully to make it perfect just like Jamie Oliver. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Filet Mignon– Filet Mignon (sometimes known as Fillet Steak) is the tenderest cut of beef, known for its mild flavour and melt-in-the-mouth texture. And this recipe by Gordon Ramsay is something that you should definitely try.
2. Valerie Bertinelli Penne Pasta Arrabiata– Penne pasta Arrabiata by Valerie Bertinelli is a delicious pasta to satisfy your pasta cravings. It uses simple ingredients and also gets ready in no time. It is quite simple to make it too.
3. Alton Brown’s Grilled Sandwich– This recipe is nothing like the one you know. He makes a point about the authenticity of the name and believes in actually grilling the bread and the cheese, and only then calls it a ‘grilled cheese sandwich.
4. Jamie Oliver’s French Onion Soup– If you are looking for a soup that is creamy, smooth and comforting, look no further. Jamie Oliver’s French soup is smooth with delicious French bread and cheese to make it even better. It has a variety of herbs and is equally delicious and healthy.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese?
- Saucepan- As the name suggests, make the sauce in the saucepan.
- Large Pot– Boil the spaghetti in the large pot.
- Kettle– Boil and keep the stick warm in the kettle until use.
- Colander– Drain your spaghetti with this colander.
- Knife, Spatula, Spoon, and Ladle– Use the knife for slicing, spatula for stirring, spoon for mixing, and ladle to ladle.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese?
- Lean Beef– There’s no bolognese without meat. So, add some meat to the sauce and enjoy.
- Dried Spaghetti– Cook the long, smooth strands of pasta and make yourself an awesome meal.
- Red Onions and Garlic– Add the strong and earthy allum flavor to your pasta with these.
- Celery, Carrots, and Fresh Rosemary– Add the veggie and herby goodness to the pasta with these.
- Olive Oil- Cook up the meat and veggies in the olive oil.
- Smoked Streaky Bacon– Make your pasta fat-rich and taste-rich with some pieces of bacon.
- Tomato and Tomato Purée- Another crucial ingredient for bolognese sauce is tomatoes. It makes me happy from my head to-ma-toes (*tee hee*)
- Balsamic or Red Wine Vinegar- Add the vinegar to add a tart flavor to the sauce.
- Bay Leaves- Add a warm, earthy, and spicy note to the sauce with some bay leaves.
- Organic Low-Salt Beef Stock Cube- Warm up the stock and add to the sauce to make your pasta flavorful.
- Parmesan Cheese– Lastly, generously add cheese to the pasta and make this pasta perfect.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese
1. A Bit Earthy And Allum
Take a large saucepan and add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the bacon, garlic, rosemary and other chopped vegetables to the saucepan as well. Cook them for 10-15 minutes or until softened and browned with the lid ajar.
2. Want Some Bolognese?
Now, stir in the beef mince and cook for 5-10 minutes or until browned and softened on high heat. Make sure you keep stirring it frequently or else you’ll have some burto-nese.
Then, add the tomatoes, vinegar, tomato purée and bay leaves. This’ll make your pasta tart and earthy. Add the stock cube and 400 ml water to a kettle. Let it boil over high heat and stir continuously. Reduce to low heat and season with pepper. Cover and let it simmer for nearly 1 hour and stir occasionally. Now, remove the lid and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until reduced and thickened.
In the meanwhile, re-fill and boil the kettle.Fill large pot three-quarters of the way up with the boiling water and add a pinch of salt. Then, again bring it back to a boil.
3. Smooth Spaghetti
Now, it’s time to cook the spaghetti. So, add the spaghetti and cook according to packet instructions. Make sure it should be soft enough to eat but have a bit of firmness and bite.
When the spaghetti is cooked, then ladle out a cup of water and reserve it for later. Drain the rest into a colander and set it aside. If you want to add a little more pepper or vinegar to Bolognese sauce, then you can add it as per your taste. Don’t forget to discard the bay leaves from the sauce.
4. The Pasta Is Coming.
Now, add the spaghetti to the sauce and toss well so it gets covered with the sauce. At last, sprinkle some parmesan cheese and serve your bolognese (don’t you love my food rhymes?).
What Will The Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese Look And Taste Like?
The Jamie Oliver spaghetti bolognese is loaded with meat and cheese and looks creamy and delicous. You can atste the strong flavors of garlic and onion. The tangy and sweetness of the tomatoes makes the whole affair rich. You can also taste the flavor of the veggies and the herbs. All the flavors come together to make a sweet, tangy, meaty, and smooth pasta.
Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- 500 g Lean Beef (minced)
- 3 Red Onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 sticks Celery (chopped)
- 3 Carrots (chopped)
- 2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 rashers Smoked Streaky Bacon (chopped)
- 400 g Tomato (chopped)
- 1 can Tomato Purée
- 1 tbsp Balsamic or Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 Organic Low-Salt Beef Stock Cube
- 40 g Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 500 g Dried Spaghetti
- Take a large saucepan and add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add the bacon, garlic, rosemary and other chopped vegetables. Cook them for 10-15 minutes or until softened and browned with the lid ajar.
- Now, stir in the beef mince and cook for 5-10 minutes or until browned and softened on high heat. Make sure you keep stirring it frequently.
- Then, add the tomatoes, vinegar, tomato purée and bay leaves.
- Add the stock cube and 400 ml water to a kettle. Let it boil over high heat and stir continuously.
- Reduce to low heat and season with pepper. Cover and let it simmer for nearly 1 hour and stir occasionally.
- Now, remove the lid and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until reduced and thickened.
- In the meanwhile, re-fill and boil the kettle.
- Fill large pot three-quarters of the way up with the boiling water and add a pinch of salt. Then, again bring it back to a boil.
- Now, it's time to cook the spaghetti. So, add the spaghetti and cook according to packet instructions. Make sure it should be soft enough to eat but have a bit of firmness and bite.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, then ladle out a cup of water and reserve it for later. Drain the rest into a colander.
- If you want to add a little more pepper or vinegar to Bolognese sauce, then you can add it as per your taste. Don't forget to discard the bay leaves from the sauce.
- You can freeze half of the sauce for another day as it is extra in quantity and stir the remaining into the spaghetti.
- If you feel that pasta is a little hard, then add a splash of water to loosen it.
- Your tasty recipe is almost ready. At last, divide the spaghetti into bowls and sprinkle some parmesan cheese.
This is the one of the best recipes for spaghetti Bolognese recipe and I love Jamie Oliver Pasta Dishes (mouth-watering). You can follow the link for Seafood Pasta Recipe Jamie Oliver and I’m sure you’ll love the Jamie Oliver Lobster Spaghetti equally.
This was all from my side and now it’s your turn to make this awesome recipe at your home. We are eagerly waiting for your suggestions in the comment section below, so that we can improve our recipe even more. Till then, happy eating!