Get ready to be the star of your dinner party with the famous Jamie Oliver roast chicken recipe – the ultimate combination of crispy skin, juicy meat, and delectable flavor. Let’s discover the magic of this classic recipe.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit to make Jamie Oliver roast chicken. Place the chicken in a roasting tray and rub it with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then stuff the cavity with rosemary and a halved lemon.
Roast the chicken for twenty minutes. You can also roast vegetables in the tray alongside the chicken for a complete meal. Serve the roast chicken and enjoy.
Following this recipe, here are some tips that will help you make the best roast chicken. So, first basting the chicken during cooking will help to keep it moist and flavorful. Spoon the pan juices over the chicken every twenty minutes before roasting.
Moreover, once the chicken is cooked, please remove it from the oven and let it rest for fifteen minutes before carving. It will help the juices to redistribute and make the chicken more tender.
So, don’t wait any longer! This recipe is easy to follow and produces a perfectly crispy, juicy chicken that is sure to impress.
So gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and get ready to enjoy the ultimate roast chicken experience. With just a few simple steps, you’ll be on your way to creating a delicious meal that the whole family will love. Before you proceed with the recipe, check out the list of other Jamie Oliver recipes.
Other Jamie Oliver Recipes That You Can Try
- Jamie Oliver Toad In The Hole
- Jamie Oliver Chicken Nuggets
- Jamie Oliver Gazpacho
- Jamie Oliver Beef Stew
- Jamie Oliver Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Jamie Oliver Black Bean Soup
- Jamie Oliver Apple Crumble
- Jamie Oliver Bolognese
- Jamie Oliver Broccoli Pasta
- Jamie Oliver Steak Marinade
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Roast Chicken?
- Oven – You will need an oven to cook the chicken in. Ensure the oven is preheated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit before placing the chicken inside.
- Roasting Pan – A roasting pan is a large, shallow pan with high sides used to roast meats and vegetables in the oven. It is important to use a large enough pan to hold the chicken comfortably without overcrowding it.
- Cutting Board – You will need a cutting board to slice the chicken once it is cooked.
- Knife – You will need a kitchen knife to carve the chicken once it is cooked. Make sure to use a sharp knife for clean, precise cuts.
- Bowl – You will need a small bowl to mix the garlic, herbs, and olive oil.
- Paper Towels – You will need paper towels to pat the chicken dry before roasting it. It will help the skin become crispy and golden brown as it cooks.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Roast Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||1 Hour 15 Minutes||1 Hour 25 minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Roast Chicken?
- Chicken – Take a whole chicken that weighs around four pounds for this recipe. The size of the chicken will determine the cooking time.
- Lemon – Lemon adds flavor to the chicken and helps keep it moist as it cooks. You must cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the chicken. Then stuff the lemon into the cavity of the chicken.
- Olive Oil – Use olive oil to help the herbs and garlic stick to the chicken and add moisture as it cooks.
- Garlic – Flavor the chicken with garlic. You’ll need to crush the garlic before mixing them with other ingredients.
- Rosemary – Season chicken with rosemary for its woody, pine-like aroma. It pairs well with savory dishes.
- Thyme – We’ll use thyme for its delicate taste with spicy, minty aroma flavors. It has a slightly bitter, lemony flavor often used in meat dishes.
- Parsley – Parsley adds a mild, slightly sweet flavor to the chicken. It is often used in meat dishes as a garnish or added to dishes for freshness.
- Salt – Use a pinch of salt to season the roast chicken.
- Black Pepper – Sprinkle black pepper on the top of roast chicken for flavor and seasoning.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Roast Chicken
1. Preheat The Oven
First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, rinse your chicken under cold water and pat it dry with a paper towel. Place the chicken in a roasting pan, breast side up.
2. Prepare Chicken
Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice all over the chicken, then stuff the squeezed lemon halves into the cavity of the chicken.
Mix the crushed garlic, chopped herbs (rosemary, thyme, and parsley), and olive oil in a small bowl. Rub this mixture all over the chicken, and coat it evenly.
Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper, then place it in the oven. Roast the chicken for about one hour and fifteen minutes until it is cooked and the skin is crispy and golden brown.
3. Bite And Enjoy
Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for at least ten minutes before carving.
This will allow the juices to redistribute and make the chicken more tender and flavorful. Serve the roast chicken with your choice of sides, and enjoy! Jamie Oliver’s roast chicken is ready.
How Will Jamie Oliver Roast Chicken Look And Taste Like?
Jamie Oliver’s roast chicken recipe is delicious. As you roast the chicken, the skin will be a beautiful golden brown color with a crispy texture that will satisfy your cravings.
When you slice into the chicken, you’ll get tender, juicy meat that melts in your mouth. And if you’ve followed the recipe properly, you’ll be rewarded with a perfectly cooked chicken that’s flavorful and succulent from the inside out.
But the fun doesn’t stop there – the taste of Jamie Oliver’s roast chicken is truly out of this world. This classic roast chicken will give you flavors of bold seasoning.
It will surely give you a spicy kick. You’ll be in for a treat as you savor every bite of this delicious, flavorful roast chicken.
Jamie Oliver Roast Chicken Recipe
- Roasting Pan
- Cutting Board
- Paper Towels
- 4 Ib Chicken
- 1 large Lemon
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Black Pepper (as per taste)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry, then place it in a roasting pan, breast side up.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken and stuff the squeezed lemon halves into the cavity.
- Mix the garlic, herbs, and olive oil, then rub the mixture all over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper, then roast it in the oven for about one hour and fifteen minutes.
- Let the chicken rest for some time.
- Jamie Oliver’s roast chicken is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What ingredients do I need to roast a chicken with Jamie Oliver’s method?
To roast a chicken with Jamie Oliver’s method, you will need a whole chicken, olive oil, salt, black pepper, rosemary, and lemon.
How do I prepare the chicken for roasting?
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit to prepare the chicken for roasting. Next, remove the chicken from its packaging and dry it with kitchen paper. Place the chicken in a roasting tray and rub it with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stuff the cavity of the chicken with rosemary and a halved lemon.
How long do I roast the chicken?
The cooking time for a roasted chicken will depend on the size of the bird. As a general rule, allow twenty minutes per 500g plus an extra 20 minutes. For example, if you are roasting a 1.5kg chicken, you will need to roast it for one hour and twenty minutes.
Can I roast vegetables with the chicken?
You can roast vegetables with the chicken. Add your desired vegetables to the roasting tray around the chicken. Some vegetables that work well with chicken include potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and onions.
How do I know when the chicken is cooked?
To check if the chicken is cooked, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh without touching the bone. The internal temperature should be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Alternatively, you can pierce the thickest part of the thigh with a sharp knife. The juices should run clear rather than pink when the chicken is cooked.
As the aroma of Jamie Oliver roast chicken fills the kitchen, it’s hard not to get excited about the delicious meal to come.
The golden brown skin, crispy and salty, gives way to succulent, tender meat that falls off the bone. This roast chicken is the perfect comfort food for a cozy evening at home.
Give this magical roast chicken recipe a try and see how amazing this dish is. You will thank us later.