The answer to the inevitable question, “What to make for snacks?”, is here. Jamie Oliver’s ricotta fritters are the dream of every cheese lover. They are made with simple ingredients and are part of the 15-minute meals, which means they’ll be ready in no time.
I have the book of Jamie Oliver’s recipes and I was searching for something crispy to make for my evening snacks. I found a dish named Ricotta Fritters and found its recipe very interesting and easy to make. I made it at my home with the instructions given in the book. They were crispy on the outside yet creamy on the inside. My mind was blown.
To make ricotta fritters, mix egg, ricotta, parmesan, grated nutmeg, lemon zest and flour together. Fry this mixture until golden. Then, make the sauce with mushrooms, anchovies, Passata, garlic, black olives and basic. Serve fritters with the sauce and salad made from blending courgettis.
This was a quick overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe along with ingredients and nutritional information below. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Chef John’s Refried Beans– This recipe was made so famous by John Armand Mitzewich, also known as Chef John. The reason why his name is associated with this dish is that due to his added flavors, these Beans got a new twist making them more delicious.
2. Jamie Oliver’s Lobster Spaghetti Pasta– If you would like to add an Italian twist to your lobster, then try making Jamie Oliver’s lobster spaghetti at your home. Jamie Oliver’s lobster spaghetti pasta is a great take on the pasta dish and makes for a great seafood pasta recipe.
3. Jamie Oliver’s Paella– I found out that paella is a dish that is made from Spanish rice and is famous in Spanish cuisine. Jamie Oliver’s Paella Recipe is one of the most sought-after Paella recipes. The chef is a very famous television personality.
4. Thomas Keller’s Chicken Roast– Most people know how to make roasted chicken but do you about the famous Thomas Keller’s Chicken Roast Recipe? Thomas Keller is an American chef, cookbook writer, and restaurateur. His chicken roast recipe is world-famous for its brine and juicy chicken.
Jamie Oliver Ricotta Fritters Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- Frying Pan
For the Sauce
- 25 g Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 4 Anchovy Fillets
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- 2 Garlic Clove
- 700 g Passata
- 8 Black Olives
- ½ Bunch of Fresh Basil
For the Fritters
- 1 Large Egg
- 400 g Riccota
- 1 Whole Nutmeg
- 1 Lemon
- 40 g Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
For the Salad
- 400 g Firm Green Baby Courgettes
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Red Chili
- 1 tbsp Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Bunch
- In a pan with boiling water, add the mushroom and cover.
- In a mixing bowl, add the egg, ricotta, grated nutmeg, lemon zest, Parmesan and flour. Mix the mixture properly.
- In a frying pan, add olive oil and place the mixture and turn them after some time until it turns golden.
- In a pan, add olive oil with anchovies, crumble in the chili and unpeeled garlic to make the sauce.
- Add chopped mushrooms with soaking water, tomato Passata, sea salt, and black pepper to it.
- In the sauce, add squashed olives along with basil leaves.
- Grate the courgettis in the processor and tip into a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the juice of the zested lemon and extra virgin olive oil.
- In the mixture, add chopped chili with a leaf of mint and toss them together.
- Place the fritters on top of the sauce. It is ready to serve.
This was it about the recipe! Leave your suggestions and queries in the comments and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible. Till then, happy eating!