The answer to the inevitable question, “What to make for snacks?”, is here. Jamie Oliver’s ricotta fritters are the dream of every cheese lover. They are made with simple ingredients and are part of the 15-minute meals, which means they’ll be ready in no time.
Once you try these ricotta fritters, there is no going back. You will relish each bite of fritters prepared with mushrooms and squash. They are crispy on the outside yet creamy on the inside. Get ready to blow your mind with amazing fritters at home.
To make ricotta fritters, mix egg, ricotta, parmesan, grated nutmeg, lemon zest and flour together. Fry this mixture until golden. Then, make the sauce with mushrooms, anchovies, Passata, garlic, black olives and basic. Serve fritters with the sauce and salad made from blending courgettis.
This was a quick overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe along with ingredients and nutritional information below. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Chef John’s Refried Beans– This recipe was made so famous by John Armand Mitzewich, also known as Chef John. The reason why his name is associated with this dish is that due to his added flavors, these Beans got a new twist making them more delicious.
2. Jamie Oliver’s Lobster Spaghetti Pasta– If you would like to add an Italian twist to your lobster, then try making Jamie Oliver’s lobster spaghetti at your home. Jamie Oliver’s lobster spaghetti pasta is a great take on the pasta dish and makes for a great seafood pasta recipe.
3. Jamie Oliver’s Paella– I found out that paella is a dish that is made from Spanish rice and is famous in Spanish cuisine. Jamie Oliver’s Paella Recipe is one of the most sought-after Paella recipes. The chef is a very famous television personality.
4. Thomas Keller’s Chicken Roast– Most people know how to make roasted chicken but do you about the famous Thomas Keller’s Chicken Roast Recipe? Thomas Keller is an American chef, cookbook writer, and restaurateur. His chicken roast recipe is world-famous for its brine and juicy chicken.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Ricotta Fritters?
- Pan – Blanch the mushrooms in a pan.
- Serving Spoon – Spoon out the Jamie Oliver ricotta fritters onto the frying pan with a serving spoon.
- Mixing Bowl – In a mixing bowl, merge all the elements to prepare the fritters.
- Frying Pan – Fry the fritters to achieve desired crispy texture in a frying pan.
- Grater – Grate parmigiano cheese with a help of grater. It will also be used in grating some lemon zest.
- Tongs – Flip the fritters to cook on both sides with a help of tongs.
- Knife – Tear apart the mushrooms and squash with a knife. You can even tear these two with your hands.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Ricotta Fritters?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Ricotta Fritters?
- Butter – Sauté mushrooms and squash in butter and olive oil.
- Olive Oil – Cook the fritters in olive oil.
- Garlic Cloves – Pungent sharpness can be added with some chopped garlic cloves.
- Mushrooms – Jamie Oliver adds the mushrooms as the base of the fritters.
- Red Chili – Spice up the veggies with sliced red chili.
- Egg – One egg would be enough to add in the fritters batter mix. It will help in binding the batter evenly.
- Squash – Half cup of squash will add extra flavors.
- Parmigiano Cheese – Grate some Parmigiano to the fritters batter mix. It will bring out strong and savory flavors.
- Parsley – Freshly Chopped parsley will bring out minty freshness to the mushrooms.
- Thyme – Add a sprigs to the sautéing veggies for richness.
- Ricotta Cheese – Take a bowl and add ricotta cheese with some other elements to prepare the fritters.
- Lemon Juice – Bring out zesty sharpness to the mushrooms and fritters with a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Lemon Zest – Lemon zest adds the aromatic blend of flavors to the fritters.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Nutmeg – Grate a nutmeg for nutty aroma to the fritters batter mix.
- Plain Flour – The batter of fritters will be prepared by combining the plain flour with the other elements.
- Black Pepper – Season the mushrooms and squash with a teaspoon of black pepper.
- Water – Half a cup of water will help in speedy blanching of the veggies.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Ricotta Fritters
Take a pan or a skillet to sauté the veggies. Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil and add butter to a pan. Add some chopped mushrooms, squash, thyme, garlic cloves, and red chilies. Keep stirring and shaking the pan to mix all through. Season a teaspoon of salt and pepper to your taste. Further, half a cup of water will help in steaming the mushrooms and squash. Cook for 5-10 minutes. Remove the pan when the veggies are cooked through. Garnish them with fresh parsley and you are good to go!
2. Ricotta Coming In The Picture
In a separate mixing bowl, add ricotta cheese to the room temperature. Add egg, two serving spoons of plain flour, a tablespoon of grated nutmeg, and Parmigiano cheese. Further, add a tablespoon of lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and black pepper. Combine all the elements and form a thick and consistent batter for the fritters. The batter mix should not be runny at all.
3. Frying Pan In Charge
Finally, with a large serving spoon add the fritters to the frying pan greased with a teaspoon of olive oil. Let the fritters cook on both sides until they are golden brown. Flip the fritters using tongs to cook on the other side. Remove the pan when the fritters are cooked.
4. Put Together
It’s time to serve. Add sautéed veggies to the plate, followed by the fried fritters on the top. Garnish it with parsley or any sauce of your choice. Serve to enjoy the knockoff ricotta fritters by Jamie Oliver. Pair the fritters with your choice of sauces and relish the taste.
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
How Will Jamie Oliver Ricotta Fritters Look And Taste Like?
Jamie Oliver’s ricotta fritters can be freshly made at your comfort home. In just half an hour the appetizing ricotta fritters will be ready. The mushrooms and squash add color and rich flavors to the fritters. On top of that, the fritters are filled with cheesy goodness of ricotta and Parmigiano. Fried fritters with a golden crust on the outside and cheesy filling on the inside taste delightful.
Jamie Oliver Ricotta Fritters Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Cloves
- ½ cup Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Red Chili
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Squash
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parsley
- 1 sprig Thyme
- ½ cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Zest
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Plain Flour
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper
- ½ cup Water
- Take a pan or a skillet to sauté the veggies. Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil and add butter to a pan. Add some chopped mushrooms, squash, thyme, garlic cloves, and red chilies. Keep stirring and shaking the pan to mix all through
- Add some chopped mushrooms, squash, thyme, garlic cloves, and red chilies. Keep stirring and shaking the pan to mix all through.
- Season a teaspoon of salt and pepper to your taste.
- Further, half a cup of water will help in steaming the mushrooms and squash. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add ricotta cheese to the room temperature. Add egg, two serving spoon of plain flour, a tablespoon of grated nutmeg and parmigiano cheese.
- Further, add a tablespoon of lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and black pepper.
- Combine all the elements and form a thick and consistent batter for the fritters.
- Spoon out the fritter's batter to the frying pan greased with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Let the fritters cook on both sides until they are golden brown.
- Flip the fritters using tongs to cook on the other side. Remove the pan when the fritters are cooked.
- Add sautéed veggies to the plate, followed by the fried fritters on the top. Garnish it with parsley or any sauce of your choice.
- Serve to enjoy the knockoff ricotta fritters by Jamie Oliver.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you freeze ricotta fritters?
Yes, you can freeze ricotta fritters. They freeze well so you can have a quick, summer-inspired meal or snack when the snow flies.
What makes a fritter a fritter?
Fritters are the small pieces of meat, vegetables, fruit, or dough. Plain fritters are deep-fried cakes of chou paste or a yeast dough. In another type, bits of meat, seafood, vegetables, or fruit are coated with batter and deep-fried.
What holds fritters together?
A hot skillet will start cooking the fritters as soon as they hit the pan. That helps sear a crust on each fritter that will hold them together.
What texture should a fritter be?
The texture of the fritter completely depends on the consistency of the batter. The fritters should be soft, fluffy, and flavorful.
This was it about the recipe! Leave your suggestions and queries in the comments and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible. Till then, happy eating!