If you want a pasta recipe that is delicious, fulfilling and is not at all difficult to make, then Jamie Oliver’s recipe of the pasta pesto with chicken is a great one to try. It is part of Jamie Oliver’s 15-minute meal and gets ready in no time.
The chicken is cooked with herbs, spices and tomatoes. Thus, it is spicy and tender. The green pesto is the perfect partner to this chicken with its greens and garlic punch. The crispiness of the chicken compliments the smooth pasta perfectly.
To make pasta pesto with chicken, cook beans in a pan. Also, cook the lasagna and spinach in the pan. Blend almonds, parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice, basil leaves and garlic until smooth. Cook the beans, spinach, pasta and pesto together. Toss the chicken in salt, pepper and herbs. Fry along with chilies, garlic and tomatoes. Serve both together and top with parmesan and basil.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below, along with the ingredients list, timings and nutritional information. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Spaghetti Bolognese– This authentic spaghetti bolognese by Gordon Ramsay is one such recipe that no one would like to miss. It is a very famous recipe in Britain and isn’t actually an authentic Italian recipe. Nevertheless, it is delicious and definitely worth a try.
2. Valerie Bertinelli Penne Pasta Arrabiata– Penne pasta Arrabiata by Valerie Bertinelli is a delicious pasta to satisfy your pasta cravings. It uses simple ingredients and also gets ready in no time. It is quite simple to make it too.
3. Jamie Oliver’s Blackened Chicken With Quinoa Salad– If you are looking for a healthy recipe to make that is also high in taste parameters, then Jaime Oliver’s blackened chicken and quinoa salad recipe is the one for you. It is flavorful, delicious and really easy to make.
4. Christian Petroni Polenta– The polenta is one of Christian Petroni’s signature dishes and is quite famous in his restaurants. It is a simple dish made of soft polenta that serves as an excellent base for sauces.
Jamie Oliver Pasta Pesto with Chicken Recipe
- Casserole Pan
- Pasta Pan
For The Chicken
- 200 g Chicken Breasts
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Red Chilies
- 8 Ripe Cherry Tomatoes
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
For The Pasta Pesto
- 250 g Beans
- 1 Big Bunch Fresh Basil
- 50 g Blanched Almonds
- 50 g Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsp Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Crushed Garlic Clove
- 300 g Lasagna Sheets
- 200 g Baby Spinach
- Toss the chicken with sea salt, black pepper, fennel seeds, and rosemary leaves on the greaseproof paper. Fold the chicken in the paper and flatten it with the help of a rolling pin.
- In a pan, add the olive oil and fry the chicken with crushed garlic cloves and chillies. Turn after a few minutes until it turns golden.
- Add the beans, after cutting their stalks, in a casserole pan and boil in salted water cook for a few minutes.
- In a grinder, add almonds, parmesan, olive oil, and lemon juice and basil leaves after ripping the stalks. Leave some basil leaves for garnishing.
- Add the garlic to the same grinder, add the cooking water of beans and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Cut the Lasagna sheets into square sheets and add to the pan with beans. Cook for a few minutes. Add tomatoes to the pan with the chicken and stir vigorously.
- In the pasta pan, add the spinach. Cook it for a few minutes. Then, drain the water, reserving a small cup of pasta water. Return the pasta, beans, and spinach to the pan and add the pesto. Cook it and add water until it will become smooth in texture.
- Chop the chicken breasts in half and serve with the tomatoes and chilli over the top. Grate the parmesan over the pasta and add basil leaves over the dish.
This was it about this recipe. Leave your suggestions and queries in the comments below and I’ll try my best to get back to you. Till then, happy eating!