Jamie Oliver mushroom risotto is a classic dish perfect for any occasion. This dish is full of flavor and can leave your guests wanting more. The Jamie Oliver mushroom risotto recipe is a great base recipe in your repertoire.
To make Jamie Oliver mushroom risotto, first, soak the mushrooms in the stock and sauté the Onion. Then add the rice and cook for a few minutes more.
Pour in the white wine and stock, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat or until the rice is tender. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
The key to this dish is to use good-quality mushrooms. You can use button mushrooms, chestnut mushrooms, and oyster mushrooms. I have used porcini mushrooms for this recipe.
Once you have your mushrooms, the rest of the dish is straightforward. You will need some Arborio rice, white wine, and stock. You can use vermouth or even some extra stock if you don’t have white wine.
If you are looking for a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe for mushroom risotto? Look no further than Jamie Oliver’s classic dish.
In this blog post, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide on how to make this tasty dish, as well as some tips on how to make it even tastier! Before you proceed with the recipe, check out the list of other Jamie Oliver recipes.
Other Jamie Oliver Recipes That You Can Try
- Jamie Oliver Toad In The Hole
- Jamie Oliver Chicken Nuggets
- Jamie Oliver Gazpacho
- Jamie Oliver Beef Stew
- Jamie Oliver Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Jamie Oliver Black Bean Soup
- Jamie Oliver Apple Crumble
- Jamie Oliver Bolognese
- Jamie Oliver Broccoli Pasta
- Jamie Oliver Steak Marinade
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Mushroom Risotto?
- Saucepan – In a saucepan, fry the Onion and prepare the risotto.
- Griddle Pan – Grill the wild mushrooms until soft and brown in a griddle pan.
- Bowl – Prepare the grilled dressed mushrooms in a bowl.
- Slotted Spoon – With the help of a slotted spoon, take the soaked and softened mushrooms from the bowl.
- Knife – Chop the mushrooms, Onion, and herbs using a sharp knife for the recipe.
- Chopping Board – Chop the mushrooms, Onion, and herbs on a chopping board for fine cutting.
- Grater – Grate the parmesan cheese with a grater for creamy risotto.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Mushroom Risotto?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||50 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Mushroom Risotto?
- Arborio Rice – I have used Italian Arborio rice to make creamy risotto with a hearty texture.
- White Wine – Pour in white wine for a crispy and citrusy flavor of the risotto with a floral and nutty buttery taste.
- Vegetable Stock – Heat and add vegetable stock to balance the savory flavor of the risotto.
- Butter – Add a slice of butter while making the risotto for an outrageously creamy risotto.
- Parmesan Cheese – Add the grated parmesan cheese for a cheesy bite and fruity taste.
- Lemon Juice – Pour lemon juice while grilled mushroom dressing to make mushrooms juicy and potent.
- Olive Oil – You will need olive oil to sauté the veggies and sprinkle over the risotto.
- Wild Mushrooms – Slice wild mushrooms for the dressing for an earthy and musty flavor.
- Porcini Mushrooms – Soak the mushrooms in the stock for a rich and woodsy taste with subtle nutty undertones.
- Onion – Peel and finely chop Onion to form the flavor foundation for this easy dish, making it a bit more colorful.
- Sea Salt – Season your recipe with salt to enhance the recipe’s flavor, lending a savory taste.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper will aid the risotto with a rich, hearty, and indulgent flavor.
- Parsley – Top your dish with freshly chopped leaves for a strong flavor.
- Celery – Top your risotto with finely chopped celery stalks for a minty flavor.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Mushroom Risotto
1. Chop Chop
Start by finely chopping the Onion, wild mushrooms, celery, and parsley leaves. In a saucepan, heat vegetable stock and keep it at a simmer.
In a bowl, add porcini mushrooms and pour in the cooked stock to cover the mushrooms. Leave it for a few minutes until they are softened.
With the help of a slotted spoon, take soaked and softened mushrooms out of the bowl and chop them. Reserve the stock for further use.
2. Sauté The Veggies
In a pan, add chopped Onion and celery in olive oil. Fry them slowly and avoid coloring for 10 minutes. Turn the heat up and stir the arborio rice.
Now stir in the white wine until the liquid is cooked into the rice. Pour the reserved stock liquid into the pan and add the soaked and chopped porcini.
Season it with a pinch of salt. Keep adding a ladleful of stock until the rice is soft but with a slight bite. It may take time.
3. The Grilled Dressing
In a griddle pan, grill the wild mushrooms until soft and brown. Once they are grilled, transfer them to a bowl and add the chopped herbs with a pinch of salt and lemon juice.
Toss everything together with your hands. Check the seasoning of the risotto rice and stir in the butter slice and grated Parmesan cheese.
Cover the risotto and leave it for about 3 minutes. Serve it with grilled dressed mushrooms. Sprinkle-grated Parmesan and drizzle extra virgin olive oil.
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
How Will Jamie Oliver Mushroom Risotto Look And Taste Like?
In Jamie Oliver mushroom risotto, the earthy flavors of mushrooms have been brought to the forefront, maintaining a light and airy feel of a traditional risotto.
The result is rich and creamy yet light and flavorful risotto. It has an earthy and savory flavor, making it a good complement to main dishes.
Jamie Oliver Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- Griddle Pan
- Slotted Spoon
- Chopping Board
- 400 g Arborio Rice
- 75 ml White Wine
- 1.5 liters Vegetable Stock
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (freshly grated)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 large Wild Mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- 1 handful Porcini Mushrooms
- 1 small Onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 sticks Celery (trimmed and finely chopped)
- 1 sprig Parsley (chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Start by finely chopping the Onion, wild mushrooms, celery, and parsley leaves.
- In a saucepan, heat vegetable stock and keep it at a simmer.
- In a bowl, add porcini mushrooms, pour in the stock, and leave it for a few minutes until they are softened.
- With the help of a slotted spoon, take soaked and softened mushrooms out of the bowl and chop them. Reserve the stock for further use.
- Add chopped Onion and celery to the pan in olive oil.
- Fry them slowly and stir the arborio rice.
- Stir in the white wine until the liquid is cooked into the rice.
- Pour the reserved stock liquid into the pan and add the soaked and chopped porcini.
- Season it with a pinch of salt. Add a ladleful of stock until the rice is soft but with a slight bite.
- Grill the wild mushrooms until soft and brown in a griddle pan.
- Once they are grilled, transfer them to a bowl and add the chopped herbs with a pinch of salt and lemon juice.
- Toss everything together and check the seasoning of the risotto.
- Stir in the butter slice and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the risotto and leave it for about 3 minutes. Serve it with grilled dressed mushrooms.
- Sprinkle-grated Parmesan and drizzle extra virgin olive oil.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Jamie Oliver mushroom risotto?
Jamie Oliver mushroom risotto is made with mushrooms, rice, and other ingredients. It is a popular dish in many parts of the world and can be served as a main course or a side dish.
What are the ingredients in Jamie Oliver mushroom risotto?
Jamie Oliver mushroom risotto includes mushrooms, rice, butter, Onion, garlic, white wine, chicken stock, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper.
What is the secret to creamy risotto?
Agitating the rice is essential as risotto’s creaminess comes from the starch generated when grains rub against each other. So, stir it often. If you dump it into the stock, you may not notice the creaminess of the risotto.
Do Italians put cheese in risotto?
The classic Risotto dish contains butter, finely chopped onion, white wine, around a few cups of stock, some salt, and grated Parmesan Cheese.
Jamie Oliver mushroom risotto is a delicious dish that everyone can enjoy. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a wonderful meal that will leave your family and friends wanting more.
So next time you’re looking for something new in the kitchen, give Jamie Oliver mushroom risotto a try, and you won’t be disappointed.