If you would like to add an Italian twist to your lobster, then try making Jamie Oliver’s lobster spaghetti at your home. Jamie Oliver’s lobster spaghetti pasta is a great take on the pasta dish and makes for a great seafood pasta recipe.
This one time, I was alone at my home and was feeling very hungry. So, I checked what I had in the kitchen and all I could find was lobster and spaghetti. Then, I looked for some recipes related to lobster and spaghetti and got to know about Jamie Oliver’s lobster spaghetti. When I made the recipe, it was delicious.
The first step in making Jamie Oliver’s lobster spaghetti is to boil the lobster for 15-20 minutes. Now, cook spaghetti and, in the meanwhile, saute onion and herbs. Then, add wine and let it evaporate. Next, add tomatoes to the wine. At last, add spaghetti to a wide baking pan and mix the sauce.
This was just a brief overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below.
Ingredients For Jamie Oliver’s Lobster Spaghetti Pasta
- 2 kg Lobster
- 550 g Spaghetti
- 1 Onion (peeled)
- A few twigs of Thyme and Basil
- A Few Pepper Seeds
- 1.5 tsp. Sea Salt
- 4 medium sized Tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- A handful of Thyme and Basil
- ¼ tsp. Oregano
- ¼ tsp. Sugar
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 glass White Semi-Dry Wine
- Salt and Pepper (as per taste)
- 30 g Dill
The above are the ingredients that you’ll need for making perfect Jamie Oliver’s lobster spaghetti pasta. You can easily grab the ingredients at a nearby supermarket. But, make sure you don’t use much salt as the stock of lobster is already salty. Now, let’s the time it will take to make the recipe.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Jamie Oliver’s Lobster Spaghetti Pasta?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|40 Minutes||20 Minutes||60 Minutes|
Let’s see the steps to make the recipe.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver’s Lobster Spaghetti Pasta
- Fill a casserole (3/4 of it) with water and salt it. Put the herbs and the pepper inside.
- Boil the water and put the lobster in. Set the fire in medium mode and boil the lobster for 15-20 minutes.
- Set the lobster aside and drain the stock. Keep a portion of the stock aside (1 1/2 glass) to use for the sauce.
- Put the stock in a new casserole and boil it again. When the stock starts to boil, add the spaghetti and boil them for 7 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti and keep it hot while preparing the sauce.
- In a deep, wide pan, add the onion and top it with the herbs and the sugar.
- Add the oil and heat it while mixing the onion and herbs. Cook until the onion gets a brownish color, and then add the wine.
- Let the wine be evaporated and add the tomato pulp. Now, add oregano and salt.
- Mix well and cook for 4 minutes. Then, add the lobster stock and set the fire in low mode. If required, add half a glass of lukewarm water. Cook the sauce for nearly 20 minutes so that it gets thickened.
- Put the spaghetti in a big wide baking pan and add some olive oil (2-3 tsp) on top. Mix them and then add the sauce.
- Mix the sauce gently with the spaghetti. Let the food rest for 5 minutes and then serve. Decorate with dill or parsley.
Note: For an extra taste, add either the crayfishes of the shrimps and mussels while boiling the lobster. It simply makes your stock tastier.
Check the table below for the nutritional content of the recipe.
Nutritional Breakdown of Jamie Oliver’s Lobster Spaghetti Pasta
Here is the nutritional breakdown of the recipe.
How to Make Lobster Spaghetti Pasta At Home | Video
This recipe has got a lot of steps, so it is possible that you may some confusions in making the recipe. So, make sure you watch the below similar recipe video to get your doubts cleared.
Now, go and make this awesome recipe for your loved ones. Please share your valuable feedback in the comment section below so that we can improve our recipes. Also, mention any suggestions or queries you might have, the comments below. I’ll try my best to help you. Till then, happy eating!