If you would like to add an Italian twist to your lobster, then try making Jamie Oliver’s lobster spaghetti at your home. Jamie Oliver’s lobster spaghetti pasta is a great take on the pasta dish and makes for a great seafood pasta recipe.
This one time, I was alone at my home and was feeling very hungry. So, I checked what I had in the kitchen and all I could find was lobster and spaghetti. Then, I looked for some recipes related to lobster and spaghetti and got to know about Jamie Oliver’s lobster spaghetti. When I made the recipe, it was delicious.
The first step in making Jamie Oliver’s lobster spaghetti is to boil the lobster for 15-20 minutes. Now, cook spaghetti and, in the meanwhile, sauté onion and herbs. Then, add wine and let it evaporate. Next, add tomatoes to the wine. At last, add spaghetti to a wide baking pan and mix the sauce.
Did you know that you can use spaghetti instead of ramen if needed? Here is a list of ramen noodles substitutes that you should know about. So without any further ado, follow the recipe with the detailed list of required equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Fish And Chips – Gordon Ramsay is a brilliant chef. His recipe for fish and chips is one of the best and really famous. Fish and Chips is one of the most popular breakfast items in the UK and Gordon Ramsay is a chef who makes the best fish and chips.
2. Jamie Oliver’s Ricotta Fritters – Jamie Oliver’s ricotta fritters are the dream of every cheese lover. They are made with simple ingredients and the best part about these fritters is they are crispy on the outside yet creamy on the inside.
3. Chef Guy Fieri’s Trash Can Nachos – If you’re a fan of trash can nachos by chef Guy Fieri, then you’re in the right place. You can easily make these nachos at home in just 4 main steps.
4. Jamie Oliver’s Crackin’ Crab Briks – Jamie Oliver’s recipe for the crackin’ crab briks is a perfect one to make for parties and dinner appetizers. The salad & salsa perfectly complement the crispy briks.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Lobster Spaghetti Pasta?
- Casserole Dishes – Cook the lobster in one casserole dish and cook the spaghetti in another.
- Pan – Make the sauce for your pasta in a deep and wide pan.
- Baking Pan – Mix the spaghetti and sauce in a baking pan so you can easily toss it.
- Knife – Use a sharp knife to chop the veggies.
- Wooden Spoon – The spoon will be used for stirring the elements evenly.
- Tongs – Use tongs for gently tossing the spaghetti with the sauce.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Lobster Spaghetti Pasta?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|40 Minutes||20 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Lobster Spaghetti Pasta?
- Lobster – Boil the lobster with herbs and seasoning. Use the stock for cooking the spaghetti and the sauce and the meat for the pasta.
- Spaghetti – The smooth spaghetti goes great with the lobster meat as well the garlicky creamy sauce.
- Onion – Add the onions to the sauce to give it an earthy sweetness.
- Thyme – Add some twigs to thyme for fragrant and earthy flavors.
- Basil – Minty sharpness can be added with a tablespoon of basil.
- Pepper Seeds – Some pepper seeds make the lobster a bit spicy.
- Sea Salt – Considering the lobster is a sea creature, it is only fitting to use sea salt.
- Tomatoes – Add the tomatoes to the sauce to make them tangy and a little sweet.
- Garlic – The allium flavor of garlic is kind of the main flavor of the sauce.
- Oregano – Add oregano to add to the herby goodness.
- Sugar – A little sugar makes the creamy sauce a little sweet. It goes great with the rest of the flavors.
- Olive Oil – Cook the onions in olive oil to ground the pasta to its Italian roots.
- White Semi-Dry Wine – The wine is used for cooking. It mostly evaporates and leaves little trace behind.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Ground Black Pepper – Season your pasta with a pinch of black pepper and relish in its goodness.
- Dill– Decorate your beautiful pasta with dill and serve.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Lobster Spaghetti Pasta
1. Is The Lobster In Stock?
Take a casserole dish and fill ¾th of it with water and salt it. Put the thyme, basil, and pepper into it. Bring the water to a boil and put the lobster in. Place the casserole dish over medium heat and boil the lobster for 15-20 minutes. Set the lobster aside and drain the stock. Keep some portion of the stock aside (about 1 ½ glass) to use for the sauce.
Put the stock in a new casserole and boil it again. When the stock starts to boil, add the spaghetti and boil them for 7 minutes. Drain the spaghetti and keep it hot while preparing the sauce.
2. The Sauce Isn’t Icky Because It’s Garlicky
In a deep, wide pan, add onion, thyme, basil, and sugar. Add oil to it and heat it while stirring the onion and herbs. Cook until the onion gets slightly brown in color. Then, pour the wine into it.
Let the wine evaporate and then add the tomatoes to the pan. Now, sprinkle oregano and salt over this mixture. Also, add the garlic to it.
Mix well and cook for about 4 minutes. Then, add the lobster stock and simmer the heat to low. If required, add half a glass of lukewarm water. Cook the sauce for nearly 20 minutes until it thickens.
3. Pasta It Is!
Put the spaghetti in a big wide baking pan and drizzle some olive oil, about 2-3 teaspoons, on top of it. Mix them and then add the sauce. Toss the sauce gently with the spaghetti using tongs. Let the pasta rest for about 5 minutes. Decorate it with dill and then serve.
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
How Will The Jamie Oliver Lobster Spaghetti Pasta Look And Taste Like?
The Jamie Oliver lobster spaghetti pasta looks creamy and very appetizing, The lobster meat is soft and flavorful and the garlic-based creamy sauce goes great with the smooth strands of spaghetti. The sauce has a herby taste and the tomatoes add sweetness to it. It is decorated with dill and served to suit your appetite.
Jamie Oliver Lobster Spaghetti Pasta Recipe
- 2 kg Lobster
- 550 g Spaghetti
- 1 Onion (peeled, chopped)
- A few twigs Thyme and Basil
- A few Pepper Seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoons Sea Salt
- 4 medium-sized Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (smashed)
- A handful Thyme and Basil
- ¼ teaspoon Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Sugar
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 glass White Semi-Dry Wine
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 30 g Dill (for decoration)
- Fill ¾th of a casserole dish with water and salt it. Put the herbs and the pepper inside.
- Boil the water and put the lobster in. Place the casserole dish over medium heat and boil the lobster for 15-20 minutes.
- Set the lobster aside and drain the stock. Keep some portion of the stock aside (about 1 ½ glass) to use for the sauce. Cut the lobster meat into small cubes.
- Put the stock in a new casserole and boil it again. When the stock starts to boil, add the spaghetti and boil them for 7 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti and keep it hot while preparing the sauce.
- In a deep, wide pan, add onion, thyme, basil, and sugar.
- Add oil to it and heat it while stirring the onion and herbs. Cook until the onion gets slightly brown in color. Then, pour the wine into it.
- Let the wine evaporate and then add the tomato pulp to the pan. Now, sprinkle oregano, garlic, and salt over this mixture.
- Mix well and cook for about 4 minutes. Then, add the lobster stock and simmer the heat to low. If required, add half a glass of lukewarm water. Also, add the lobster meat to it. Cook the sauce for nearly 20 minutes until it thickens.
- Put the spaghetti in a big wide baking pan and drizzle some olive oil, about 2-3 teaspoons, on top of it. Mix them and then add the sauce.
- Mix the sauce gently with the spaghetti. Let the food rest for 5 minutes. Decorate with dill and then serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does it take to cook lobster tails?
A 4-ounce lobster tail will take from 5 to 8 minutes. An 8-ounce lobster tail will take from 8 to 10 minutes.
Do you cut lobster tails before boiling?
Yes, cut the lobster tails along the top of the shell, from the edge of the tail straight down the middle lengthwise to the bottom of the tail.
Is it better to steam or boil lobster?
Boiling is a quicker and easier to time precisely, and the meat comes out of the shell more readily than when steamed.
How do you tell if lobster is cooked?
If the lobster meat is turned white, then it means it is fully cooked.
Now, go and make this awesome recipe for your loved ones. Please share your valuable feedback in the comment section below so that we can improve our recipes. Also, mention any suggestions or queries you might have, the comments below. I’ll try my best to help you. Till then, happy eating!