If you are looking for a soup that is creamy, smooth and comforting, look no further. Jamie Oliver’s French soup is smooth with delicious French bread and cheese to make it even better. It has a variety of herbs and is equally delicious and healthy.
Jamie Oliver is a well-known British chef and has many restaurants under his name. His recipe for the French soup is delicious and feels like a warm hug. It makes for great comfort food with butter, herbs, bread and cheese as some of its core ingredients.
To make French onion soup, heat butter and oil in a pan and add onions. When the onions are tender, add herbs and seasoning. Let is simmer. Then, pour some in a serving bowl, top with bread and then, cheese. Broil it until brown and serve.
This was just a quick rundown of the recipe. Find the detailed recipe, with other information like ingredients, timings and nutritional content below. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Patti LaBelle’s Macaroni and Cheese– Patti LaBelle’s macaroni and cheese has not one or two but seven different kinds of cheeses. All are combined together to give different textures and powerful flavor to the dish.
2. Jamie Oliver’s Spaghetti Bolognese– Jamie Oliver’s Bolognese is similar to Italian Bolognese but Jamie Oliver has made it extra healthy and delicious than the traditional recipe. You can also make it by following the recipe that I’ve mentioned.
3. Alton Brown’s Grilled Sandwich– This recipe is nothing like the one you know. He makes a point about the authenticity of the name and believes in actually grilling the bread and the cheese, and only then calls it a ‘grilled cheese sandwich.
4. Jamie Oliver’s Ricotta Fritters– Jamie Oliver’s ricotta fritters are the dream of every cheese lover. They are made with simple ingredients and the best part about these fritters are they are crispy on the outside yet creamy on the inside.
Jamie Oliver French Onion Soup Recipe
- Serving Bowl
- ½ cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cups Onion
- 4 cans Beef Broth
- 2 tbsp Dry Sherry
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 slices French Bread
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese
- 2 slices Swiss Cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- Place a pot over medium heat and melt the butter with olive oil in it. When the butter and olive oil are heated, add onions while stirring occasionally.
- When the onions are tender, add thyme, sherry, beef broth, and season them with salt and pepper. Simmer the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven broiler for some time.
- Put the soup in a serving bowl and on the top of the soup, place one slice of bread.
- Put the slices of provolone, swiss and parmesan cheese on top of the bread. Then, place the bowl on the sheet and broil until it turns brown.
- Serve immediately.
If you liked the recipe, tell me all about it. I would love to hear from you. Also, mention your suggestions and queries in the comments and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Till then, happy eating!