Jamie Oliver’s recipe for the crackin’ crab briks is a perfect one to make for parties and dinner appetizers. The salad & salsa perfectly compliments the crispy briks. Not to mention, this recipe is part of his 15 minute meals, which means you can have delicious briks in just 15 minutes.
I made these crab briks at a party at my house. There are a lot of things to do at a party, so a recipe that takes a lot of effort was out of the question. I made the crab briks in less than half an hour. Everybody loved it!
To make crackin’ crab briks, mix the crabmeat and harissa along with chopped preserved lemons, spring onions and coriander and fill inside filo pastry sheets. Shape them like playing cards and cook in olive oil until crisp. Make the sauce and the salsa and serve the briks with them.
This was a quick and short recipe. Find the complete recipe along with other information like ingredients and nutritional information below.
Ingredients For Crackin’ Crab Briks
For the Briks
- 2 Preserved Lemons
- 2 Spring Onions
- ½ bunch fresh Coriander
- 400 g Pot-Caught Crabmeat
- 2 teaspoon Harissa
- 4 large sheets Filo Pastry
- Olive Oil
For the Salad
- Some Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Caraway Seeds
- 150 g Couscous
- 2 teaspoon Sun-Dried Tomato Puree
- ½ a bulb Fennel
- ½ bunch fresh Mint
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Pomegranate
For the Salsa and the Serve
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 large Ripe Tomato
- 1 thumb-sized Ginger
- Fat-Free Natural Yogurt (as needed)
These are all the ingredients you’ll need to make the briks along with salad and salsa. Let’s check the time needed to make all of it.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Crackin’ Crab Briks?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||15 Minutes||25 Minutes|
Your delicious crab briks will be ready in 15 minutes. Let’s see the steps to make them.
Steps To Make Crakin’ Crab Briks
- In a bowl, mix the crabmeat and harissa along with chopped preserved lemons, spring onions and coriander.
- In a filo pastry layout sheet, add this mixture and give them the shape of playing cards.
- In a pan, add the brik and olive oil. Cook until crisp. Then, add caraway seeds to the pan and toast for a minute.
- In another bowl, add couscous, boiling water, tomato puree, and a pinch of salt and mix it properly. After mixing, cover the bowl.
- In a salad bowl, add the reserved fennel tops and grated bulb. Then, chop the leaf of mint and add them on the top. Squeeze the lemon juice and add olive oil with salt over the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, add grated tomato and ginger, salt, pepper, lemon juice with olive oil. Mix them together.
- Add the salad in the middle of couscous and then top it with pomegranate. Sprinkle the fennel tops, pop the crab bricks on a board.
Your crackin’ crab briks are ready! Let’s check the nutritional value of the briks.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Crackin’ Crab Briks
Disclaimer: The Jamie’s 15 minute meals recipe is a part of Jamie’s 15 minute meals book and episodes. You will also find Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals on YouTube. This famous British Chef also have a collection of Jamie’s 15 minute meals chicken. Some Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals chicken recipes are Blackened Chicken with Quinoa Salad, Pasta Pesto with Chicken. Try it to make it your place and let us know how Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals tastes.
This was all about this recipe! If you any suggestions or queries that you’d like to share, mention them in the comments. I’ll try to get back to as soon as possible. Till then, happy eating!