You’ll love chicken soup because it’s hot and warm. Make this Jamie Oliver chicken soup recipe for the love of hearty soup.
It’s truly packed with flavors, greens, chicken, and spices to give you a hearty meal. Let’s dive into the recipe.
Chicken soup is easy to make. Firstly, cook the chicken along with the seasoned stock. Prepare vegetables and greens to add to the soup.
Simmer the soup combining all the ingredients for one hour. Top the soup with lemon and add shredded chicken to it. The delicious chicken soup recipe is ready to enjoy.
To make the soup flavorful, use spices and seasonings like peppercorns, garlic, parsley, onions, shallots, and much more. Moreover, add greens to the soup to make it a nutrient-rich soup.
This article will give you a perfect recipe for chicken soup. It includes how to prepare the soup, the equipment you need, ingredients, and nutritional information. Before you proceed with the recipe, check out the list of other Jamie Oliver recipes.
Other Jamie Oliver Recipes That You Can Try
- Jamie Oliver Eggplant Parmesan
- Jamie Oliver Ricotta Fritters
- Jamie Oliver Gnocchi
- Jamie Oliver Chicken In Milk
- Jamie Oliver Coleslaw
- Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Carbonara
- Jamie Oliver Lobster Spaghetti Pasta
- Jamie Oliver Cabbage Coleslaw
- Jamie Oliver Cottage Pie
- Jamie Oliver Mushroom Pasta
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Chicken Soup?
- Cooking Pan – Cook chicken and veggies in the cooking pan.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to combine all the ingredients.
- Bowl – Serve the hot chicken soup in the serving bowls.
- Knife – Chop the veggies using a sharp chef’s knife.
- Sieve – Drain off the liquid from the chicken and veggies mixture.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Chicken Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||1 Hour 40 Minutes||1 Hour 55 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Chicken Soup?
- Chicken Carcass – For chicken soup, we’ll use chicken carcass. It’s majorly used for chicken soup.
- Olive Oil – Saute veggies with seasonings in pure olive oil.
- Butter – Add unsalted butter to saute veggies.
- Lemon – Squeeze lemon on the top of the soup when done.
- Onion – Chop onions to add to soup for savory flavors.
- Carrots – Add chopped carrots to the chicken soup for crunchy flavor and red color.
- Celery – Fresh celery stalks for the earthy and refreshing flavor of the chicken soup.
- Peppercorns – Peppercorns are spicy and woody and add an intense flavor.
- Garlic – For a sharp, garlicky flavor, add chopped garlic.
- Shallots – Add shallots to the soup. They have a sweet, delicate flavor.
- Parsley – Use parsley leaves to add to the chicken bowl for refreshing flavors.
- Baby Spinach – Spinach leaves are nutrient greens that are best to put in the soup.
- Kale – Kale is the perfect bring that brings out earthy flavors.
- Cavalo Nero – For a pleasant, tangy flavor, add cavolo nero.
- Salt – Season the soup with a pinch of salt.
- Black Pepper – A dash of black pepper to flavor the chicken.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Chicken Soup
1. Prepare Stock
First, chop off carrots, celery sticks, and onions to make the stock. Then place them in the cooking pan, peppercorns, bay leaves, a pinch of salt, and chicken carcass.
Stir in cold water and combine everything. Put the pan on high heat and bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until everything cooks nicely for an hour.
2. Chop Off Veggies
Chop the remaining carrots and celery. Chop garlic and shallots. Then add parsley leaves and finely chop the leaves and stalks. Shred the spinach.
Heat oil and butter in the pan on low heat. Add garlic, shallot, and parsley leaves. Cook for ten minutes until soft.
Then add carrots and celery and cook for five minutes. Meanwhile, the chicken stock is ready, remove the chicken carcass from the mixture and reserve the stock for later use.
Strain the stock in the cooking pan. Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat. Cook for twenty minutes.
Add seasonal greens such as kale and Cavallo Nero and cook for ten minutes. Then add chopped spinach.
3. Season And Serve
At the last minute of cooking, squeeze the lemon on the top of the soup and season with salt and black pepper.
Divide the soup into serving bowls. Top with shredded chicken and sprinkle parsley leaves – season with black pepper.
Jamie Oliver’s chicken soup is ready.
How Will Jamie Oliver Chicken Soup Look And Taste Like?
Jamie Oliver chicken soup has a mild flavor with aromatic spices. It’s a creamy soup with a smooth texture and has crunchy vegetables.
The chicken pieces in the soup are hearty and warm. It looks super attractive, with all veggies lending a unique aroma and taste.
Jamie Oliver Chicken Soup Recipe
- Cooking Pan
- 1 Chicken Carcass
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 knob Butter
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Onion
- 6 Carrots
- 6 sticks Celery
- 4 whole Peppercorns
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 4 Shallots
- Parsley (a few)
- 200 g Baby Spinach
- 2 handful Kale
- 2 handful Cavalo Nero
- Salt (as needed)
- Black Pepper (as per taste)
- Chop carrots, celery, and onion. Add them to the cooking pan and season with peppercorns, bay leaves, and salt. Add chicken carcass to it.
- Add water for the soup’s consistency. Mix everything well. Put it on high heat and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for an hour on low heat.
- Remove the pan from heat. Discard chicken carcasses and reserve the stock for later use.
- Heat oil and butter in the pan. Add garlic, shallots, carrots, parsley, and cook for ten minutes.
- Add the stock to it and bring to a simmer for twenty minutes.
- Now add kale and cavalo nero greens to the pan. Cook well.
- Lastly, add spinach leaves.
- While the soup is simmering, squeeze in the lemon. Add the chicken carcass we cooked before.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Jamie Oliver chicken soup is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What can I add to my chicken soup to give it flavor?
You can season the chicken soup with lime juice, spices & herbs like cloves, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Do you cook the chicken before putting it in soup?
The first step to making chicken soup is cooking it and bringing it to a boil with other seasonings to flavor the chicken. Then we add shred the chicken and add it to the soup.
What to serve with chicken soup?
You can serve the chicken soup with sandwiches, wraps, and casserole dishes.
How do you add richness to chicken soup?
To add richness to the flavor, try adding onions, shallots, mushrooms, and any sauce like soy sauce or miso sauce. These ingredients will add depth to the soup.
What spices are good in soups?
Add cinnamon, cloves, ginger, mace, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, basil, curry powder, dill, ginger, oregano, parsley, and ginger to chicken soup. They add a nice flavor to it.
This chicken soup recipe is the perfect way to warm up on a cold day. It’s packed with flavor and nutrients and super easy to make.
Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftover chicken. So next time you’re looking for a comforting soup recipe, give this one a try. You’ll be glad you did!