What better way to eat cabbage than in a coleslaw? This Jamie Oliver Cabbage Salad Coleslaw recipe is quick and easy with minimal ingredients, and best of all, it’s perfect for salads.
You can even stuff this coleslaw in your sandwiches and burgers to volumize the size and flavors. To make cabbage salad coleslaw, first, gather all the chopped veggies in a bowl. Chop carrots, cabbage, onions, and apples.
Stir in lime juice and mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper. You are done!
While making coleslaw, many people complain about its getting watery. To prevent that, add proper salting to your veggies, so it purges excess moisture. Also, add sugar as it works similarly and balances the coleslaw’s flavor.
For the sake of simplicity and easiness, we are making the easiest salad – creamy coleslaw. Jamie Oliver presents us with the straightforward version of a cabbage coleslaw salad recipe. Get detailed recipe steps, including equipment details and nutritional information, right below. Before you proceed with the recipe, check out the list of other Jamie Oliver recipes.
Other Jamie Oliver Recipes That You Can Try
- Jamie Oliver Seafood Linguine
- Jamie Oliver Ricotta Fritters
- Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese
- Jamie Oliver Cottage Pie
- Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Carbonara
- Jamie Oliver Lasagna
- Jamie Oliver Roasted Cauliflower
- Jamie Oliver Eggplant Parmesan
- Jamie Oliver Gnocchi
- Jamie Oliver Chicken In Milk
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Cabbage Salad Coleslaw?
- Knife – Take a sharp knife and chop veggies like a pro.
- Bowl – A gorgeous round bowl to put all your salad belongings.
- Spatula – Get a wooden or rubber spatula to mix up the things.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Cabbage Salad Coleslaw?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Cabbage Salad Coleslaw?
- Cabbage – You’ll need shredded cabbage for making coleslaw.
- Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise is quite creamy. At the same time, it’s tangy and goes well with cabbage.
- Lime Juice – A hint of lime juice is just perfect for a tangier approach to the salad.
- Apple – Put apple slices in the coleslaw to give you an oozing experience.
- Carrots – Add carrots to the coleslaw for a vibrant salad look.
- Onion – Onions are forever great for making your salad savory.
- Salt – Some salt to balance the taste of the coleslaw.
- Black Pepper – A smaller dose of black pepper is perfect for giving musky spice to salad.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Cabbage Salad Coleslaw
1. Chop Veggies
Cut the whole cabbage and transfer it to the bowl. Slice onions into halflings. Then julienne the carrots. Lastly, cut the apple into round slices along with the skin.
2. Combine Everything in A Bowl
Combine all the chopped veggies and fruit in a large bowl. Stir in lime juice and toss well. Add mayonnaise, salt, and black pepper to it. Mix well and serve.
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||14 g|
How Will Jamie Oliver Cabbage Salad Coleslaw Look And Taste Like?
Every single ingredient of this salad will give you crunch and juiciness. The lime juice adds the perfect tang to the salad and makes it zesty.
In comparison, mayonnaise helps to make it creamier and sticky. So, you can enjoy your sandwiches without any complaints.
Jamie Oliver Cabbage Salad Coleslaw Recipe
- ½ Cabbage
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 Apple
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (a dash)
- Chop all the veggies. Shred the cabbage, julienne the carrots, onions in halflings, and apples in slices.
- Combine everything in a bowl.
- Stir in lime juice and season with salt and black pepper.
- Stir in mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Jamie Oliver’s cabbage salad coleslaw is ready to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is cabbage salad called coleslaw?
Cabbage salad is called coleslaw because it is usually made with cabbage, carrots, and sometimes a little bit of onion. The term “coleslaw” derives from the German word for cabbage, “Kohl.”
The word “salad” was originally used to describe any dish that contained greens. Still, by the late 19th century, it had come to refer specifically to a dish that contained chopped vegetables.
How do you make cabbage salad coleslaw?
You can make cabbage coleslaw in a few different ways. The simplest is to mix the cabbage with some mayonnaise (or other dressing) and then let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. This method is best for making coleslaw that will be served at room temperature or chilled.
What is the dressing on coleslaw made of?
The dressing on coleslaw is made of mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Some coleslaw is also made of buttermilk. It depends on the choices of people.
Is there a difference between coleslaw and cabbage salad?
Yes! Cabbage salad is a mixture of raw or cooked vegetables. Coleslaw always contains cabbage and mayonnaise for dressing purposes.
How do you keep homemade coleslaw from being watery?
You can do a few things to keep your homemade coleslaw from being watery. Use a smaller amount of dressing or even just plain mayonnaise. Adding a little extra dressing to the coleslaw will help it stay together better. Secondly, add a little bit of salt and pepper before serving if you want more flavor in your coleslaw.
So, that was all about Jamie Oliver’s take on cabbage salad coleslaw. Some twists and turns to the cabbage coleslaw will make it worth relishing. Grab your knives, spoons, and a nice bowl and get started making this easy salad.