This classic Jamie Oliver beef bourguignon recipe is sure to please you. Beef, wine, and hearty vegetables are all cooked together to produce a hearty meal guaranteed to bring smiles. Let’s dive right into this flavorful recipe.
To make Jamie Oliver beef bourguignon, marinate the beef with sauces, seasonings, and vegetables overnight. Cook beef and veggies along with wine, herbs, and seasonings.
Bake in the oven for four hours until you get tender beef. Lastly, serve the beef with cooked bacon, shallots, and herbs. Enjoy the flavorful dish.
Jamie Oliver’s beef bourguignon has so many elements to praise. He adds red wine for the rich flavors. And he coats his meat with flour for a crispy layer into the dish. The aromatic herbs and spices elevate the taste.
Are you ready to commence the holiday season with this dish? Then follow the recipe direction, equipment list, and nutritional information. Above all, watch the video for the recipe to give you a clear idea about the recipe. Before you proceed with the recipe, check out the list of other Jamie Oliver recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Jamie Oliver Recipes That You Can Try
- Jamie Oliver Eggplant Parmesan
- Jamie Oliver Roasted Cauliflower
- Jamie Oliver Lasagna
- Jamie Oliver Gnocchi
- Jamie Oliver Chicken In Milk
- Jamie Oliver Coleslaw
- Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Carbonara
- Jamie Oliver Lobster Spaghetti Pasta
- Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese
- Jamie Oliver Seafood Linguine
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Beef Bourguignon?
- Casserole Pan – Cook beef along with vegetables into the casserole pan.
- Oven – Cook beef in the oven for four hours at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Tong – Flip beef chunks using a tong while cooking into the pan.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to combine all the ingredients.
- Plate – Transfer cooked ingredients to the plate.
- Bowl – Marinate beef overnight in the bowl.
- Cooking Pan – Cook bacon, shallots, and other ingredients in the cooking pan.
- Knife – You need a sharp knife to chop off vegetables.
- Greaseproof Paper – Place the greaseproof paper over the casserole pan and cook in the oven.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Beef Bourguignon?
|Preparation Time||Rest Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||8 Hours||4 Hours 30 Minutes||12 Hours 45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Beef Bourguignon?
- Beef – Take 1.5 kg trimmed beef cheeks for the beef bourguignon.
- Olive Oil – Saute beef and veggies in olive oil.
- Red Wine – Stir in burgundy or Pinot Noir wine to intensify the recipe.
- Butter – Add unsalted butter to the pan for cooking beef.
- Dijon Mustard – Stir in dijon mustard sauce for the beef marination. It will add a savory flavor to it.
- Bacon – We’ll also add crispy bacon strips to complete the dish.
- Shallots – Chop 200 g of shallots for the savory flavors of the dish.
- Carrots – Use chopped carrots for the crunchy element of the dish.
- Onions – Chop the onions into small pieces to add to the marination.
- Celery – For a refreshing aroma and flavors, add chopped celery.
- Garlic – Garlic brings a sharp fragrance to the dish. Add them for an intense flavor.
- Mushrooms – For earthy flavors, add mushrooms. Also, they bring a nice texture to the dish.
- All-Purpose Flour – Coat beef chunks in all-purpose flour before cooking to make them crispier.
- Parsley Leaves – Stir in parsley leaves for aromatic flavors.
- Bay Leaves – We add bay leaves to elevate the fragrance of the dish.
- Cloves – Add a small pinch of ground cloves for mild spiciness.
- Salt – Season the dish with salt for a balanced taste.
- Black Pepper – A dash of black pepper is always good for meat dishes.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Beef Bourguignon
1. Marinate Beef
For beef bourguignon, we’ll chop the beef cheeks into 5cm chunks. Chop carrots and celery into 3cm chunks. Chop the garlic and onions roughly.
Combine everything in the large bowl with the dijon mustard sauce, bay leaves, cloves, and season with black pepper. Stir in wine and mix well. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
2. Cook Beef
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Transfer the content of the marination bowl to a colander and drain. Place the mixture into another bowl.
Take the beef out of the mixture and pat dry. Then toss the beef strips with the all-purpose flour. Now heat the large casserole pan with two tablespoons of olive oil and unsalted butter.
Brown the beef in batches, turn the beef using tongs and cook well for ten minutes. Crisp the beef nicely. Once the beef is cooked, transfer it to the plate.
Now add the remaining vegetable mixture from the marination bowl to the pan. Cook for ten minutes. You will see vegetables start caramelizing. Stir occasionally.
Return the cooked beef to the pan, and pour over the reserved wine. Stir in 750 ml of boiling water. Bring to a simmer.
Cover the casserole pan with greaseproof paper and transfer it to the oven. Cook for four hours. You will get nice tender beef.
3. Serve Beef
Turn off the oven. Remove the beef from it. Now take bacon and slice them. Heat oil in the pan and cook beef in it until crispy. Then add chopped shallots and chopped mushrooms, and mix well.
Cook for twenty minutes until golden. Then add parsley leaves for the fragrance. Then pour the contents of the beef and vegetable mixture into the pan.
Season with salt and black pepper to perfection. Serve and enjoy. Jamie Oliver beef bourguignon is ready.
How Will Jamie Oliver Beef Bourguignon Look And Taste Like?
This beef bourguignon recipe is hearty and satisfying, perfect for a winter meal. The tender beef is melt-in-your-mouth, and the burgundy wine adds a rich flavor.
The colorful and hearty vegetables add another layer of crunch and savory flavors. This dish is packed with rich flavor and nutrients that surely leave you satisfied.
Jamie Oliver Beef Bourguignon Recipe
- Casserole Pan
- Cooking Pan
- Greaseproof Paper
- 1.5 kg Beef
- Olive Oil (as needed)
- 750 ml Red Wine
- 20 g Butter
- 2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 6 rashers Bacon
- 200 g Shallots
- 4 Carrots
- 1 Onions
- 4 sticks Celery
- 4 clove Garlic
- 400 g Mushrooms
- 50 g All-Purpose Flour
- ½ bunch Parsley Leaves
- 4 Bay Leaves
- Cloves (a pinch)
- Salt (as needed)
- Black Pepper ( a dash)
- Chop beef cheeks into chunks. Chop carrots, celery, and onions.
- Combine everything in a bowl. Stir in dijon mustard sauce, bay leaves, cloves, and black pepper. Marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain the content of the bowl into a colander.
- Transfer the mixture to another bowl.
- Pat dry beef. Toss it with all-purpose flour.
- Heat oil and butter in the casserole pan and cook beef until brown.
- Transfer the beef to another plate.
- Now add the remaining vegetable mixture to the pan. Cook until caramelized for ten minutes.
- Return beef to the pan, reserve wine, add 750 ml water, and simmer on low heat.
- Cover the casserole with paper and cook in preheated oven for four hours.
- Turn off the oven. Remove the beef from it.
- Heat oil in the pan. Add sliced bacon, shallots, and mushrooms.
- Cook everything for twenty minutes.
- Stir in parsley leaves and pour the beef content into the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Jamie Oliver’s beef bourguignon is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between beef stew and beef bourguignon?
The only difference between beef stew and beef bourguignon is wine. The beef bourguignon contains wine, whereas beef stew doesn’t contain wine.
What cut of meat is best for beef bourguignon?
Usually, beef cheeks are the best meat for beef bourguignon. It’s cut into 5cm chunks and added to the pan for cooking. So, use this cut of meat for the tender dish.
What is beef bourguignon traditionally served with?
Serve beef bourguignon with mashed potatoes, green beans, or a loaf of French bread.
What wine is best for beef bourguignon?
The best wine for beef bourguignon is Pinot Noir. You can also add red burgundy, which Jamie Oliver uses for his recipe.
What should beef bourguignon taste like?
Beef bourguignon tastes so delicious and hearty. It combines crispy bacon, browned shallots, carrots, and rich red wine. It’s spicy, savory, and has a sharp taste of wine.
This beef bourguignon recipe is the perfect meal for a winter night. It’s hearty and filling but still has that elegant French flair. And best of all, it’s easy to make!
So don’t be intimidated by the thought of making beef bourguignon – give it a try, and you’ll see just how delicious and simple it can be.