Here is what I bring to you, a delight for the coming days of your life. Start your year with food delights to go around the clock to please you…Well the Pasta Pesto with Chicken Recipe is going to make you a quick and a great weeknight supper. Healthy, yummy and filled with my favorite ingredient mix.
Ah! You all know all it takes is 15 minutes of your day span to make this and the following delight chain.
Nutritional Value of Pasta Pesto with Chicken Per Serving:
Jamie Oliver 15 Minute Meal – Pasta Pesto with Chicken Recipe | Ingredients:
For the Chicken:
|Skinless free-range chicken breasts||2 x 200 g|
|Fennel seeds||1 tsp|
|Fresh rosemary||2 sprigs|
|Rapeseed oil||2 tbsp|
|Red chillies||1-2 unit|
|Ripe cherry tomatoes||8 units|
For the Pasta Pesto:
|Green beans||250 g|
|Fresh basil||1 big bunch|
|Blanched almonds||50 g|
|Parmesan cheese||50 g|
|Virgin olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Lasagne sheets||300 g|
|Baby spinach||200 g|
How to Make Pasta Pesto with Chicken | Recipe:
Ingredients out, Kettle boiled, Large frying pan, high heat, Large lidded casserole pan, high heat, Food processor (bowl blade)
LET’S START COOKING…
- On a large sheet of grease-proof paper, toss the chicken with sea salt, black pepper, fennel seeds and the rosemary leaves. Fold over the paper, then bash and flatten the chicken to 1.5 cm thick with a rolling pin.
- Put the chicken into the frying pan with the rapeseed oil, the bashed unpeeled garlic cloves and halved chilies, turning after about 3 or 4 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- Line the beans up and cut off the stalks, put into the casserole pan, cover with boiling salted water and cook for 6 minutes with the lid on.
- Pick a few basil leaves for garnish, then rip off the stalks and put the rest of the bunch into the processor with the almonds, Parmesan, extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
- Squeeze in the unpeeled garlic through a garlic crusher. Beat until smooth, adding a ladle or two of cooking water from the beans to loosen, then season to taste.
- Slice the lasagne sheets up into square shape and add to the beans to cook for a couple of minutes. Halve or quarter the tomatoes, add to the chicken and stir it.
- Stir the spinach into the pasta pan, then drain, reserving a cupful of the starchy cooking water. Return the pasta, beans and spinach to the pan, pour in the pesto from the processor and stir together, loosening with splashes of cooking water until silky.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half and serve with the tomatoes and chili spooned over the top. Finely grate a little extra Parmesan over the pasta, then sprinkle everything with basil leaves.
- Tan’na! serve the quickie now.
Stay tuned for more such ideas on your food and don’t forget to mention your experience with the dish in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: The Jamie’s 15 minute meals recipe is a part of Jamie’s 15 minute meals book and episodes. You will also find Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals on YouTube. This famous British Chef also have a collection of Jamie’s 15 minute meals chicken. Some Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals chicken recipes are Blackened Chicken with Quinoa Salad, Pasta Pesto with Chicken. Try it to make it your place and let us know how Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals tastes.