Continuing with the delights for the coming days of your life. Start your year with food delights to go around the clock to please you…
It’s not just serving your instant supper requirements, but the list is all about quick food at any time of the day and trust me it is completely tummy filling and a perfect respite to your hungry tummy. So are you ready for a beautiful lunch. These North African-style Crab Briks are your today’s speedy lunch.
Nutritional Value of Crackin’ Crab Briks Per Serving:
Jamie Oliver 15 Minute Meal – Crackin’ Crab Briks Ingredients:
For the Briks:
|Preserved lemons||1-2 units|
|Spring onions||2 units|
|Fresh coriander||½ bunch|
|Pot-caught crabmeat (a mixture of brown & white meat)||400 g|
|Harissa||2 tsp, plus extra to serve|
|Filo pastry||4 large sheets|
|Olive oil||As needed|
For the Salad:
|Virgin Olive oil||Some extra|
|Caraway seeds||½ tsp|
|Couscous||½ mug (150 g)|
|Sun-dried tomato purée||2 tsp|
|Fennel||½ a bulb|
|Fresh mint||½ bunch|
For the Salsa and the Serve:
|Ripe tomato||1 large unit|
|Ginger||1 thumb-sized piece|
|Fat-free natural yoghurt||As needed|
How to make Crakin’ Crab Briks | Recipe:
Ingredients out, Kettle boiled, Large frying pan, high heat, Large lidded casserole pan, high heat, Food processor (bowl blade)
LET’S START COOKING…
- Finely chop the preserved lemons, trimmed spring onions and coriander. Mix in a bowl with the crabmeat and harissa
- Lay out a sheet of filo pastry, add ¼ of the mixture and shape into the size of a packet of playing cards at the centre of the bottom of the sheet, then push your thumb into the centre of the filling to make a space for it to expand as it cooks . Fold in the sides, then fold them up. Repeat until you have 4 briks.
- Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the pan, then add the briks and cook until golden and crisp on both sides. Add the caraway seeds to the side of the pan and toast for a minute, then scrape into a salad bowl
- Put ½ a mug of couscous, 1 mug of boiling water, the tomato purée and a pinch of salt into a bowl and cover.
- Pick and reserve the fennel tops, then roughly chop and grate the bulb in the processor. Tip into the salad bowl, then chop and add the top leafy half of the mint. Squeeze in the lemon juice and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Season to taste and toss everything together.
- Finely grate the tomato and ginger into a little bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, a good squeeze of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and mix together.
- Fluff up the couscous, then tip on to a platter. Pile the salad in the middle, then bash the halved pomegranate over the top so the seeds tumble out. Scatter over the reserved fennel tops, pop the crab briks on a board and serve with dollops of yoghurt and the salsa.
Stay tuned for more such ideas on your food and don’t forget to mention your experience with the dish in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: The Jamie’s 15 minute meals recipe is a part of Jamie’s 15 minute meals book and episodes. You will also find Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals on YouTube. This famous British Chef also have a collection of Jamie’s 15 minute meals chicken. Some Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals chicken recipes are Blackened Chicken with Quinoa Salad, Pasta Pesto with Chicken. Try it to make it your place and let us know how Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals tastes.