Continuing with the delights for the coming days of your life. Start your year with food delights to go around the clock to please you…
Are we all missing on to the colors in our life, the grey’s of our routine has definitely taken over. The Blackened Chicken with Quinoa Salad Recipe is a colorful, exciting and full of flavor epic salad that is super quick to make. Chunk up the start of the year with a lighter course of food.
Nutritional Value of Blackened Chicken with Quinoa Salad Per Serving:
Jamie Oliver 15 Minute Meal – Blackened chicken with Quinoa Salad Ingredients:
For Quinoa Salad:
|Fresh red chilli or yellow chilli||1 unit|
|Baby spinach||100 g|
|Spring onions||4 units|
|Fresh coriander||1 bunch|
|Fresh mint||1 bunch|
|Ripe mango||1 large unit|
|Virgin olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Ripe avocado||1 unit|
|Feta cheese||50 g|
|Punnet cress||1 unit|
|Skinless free-range chicken breasts||2 x 200 g|
|Ground allspice||1 tsp|
|Smoked paprika||1 tsp|
|Olive oil||As needed|
|Color peppers||2 mixed|
|Fat-free yogurt||4 tbsp|
How to make Blackened Chicken with Quinoa Salad | Recipe:
Ingredients out, Kettle boiled, Medium lidded pan, medium-high heat, Food processor (bowl blade), Large frying pan, high heat
LET’S START COOKING…
- Put the quinoa into the pan and generously cover with boiling water and the lid.
- Put the chili, spinach, trimmed spring onions and coriander (reserving a few leaves) into the processor, tear in the top leafy half of the mint, then run it until finely chopped.
- On a large sheet of grease-proof paper, toss the chicken with sea salt, black pepper, the allspice and paprika. Fold over the paper, then bash and flatten the chicken to 1.5 cm thick with a rolling pin.
- Put into the frying pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, turning after 3 or 4 minutes, or until blackened and cooked through.
- De-seed the peppers, cut each one into 8 strips and add to the frying pan, tossing regularly. Peel and cut the mango into chunks.
- Drain the quinoa and rinse under the cold tap, then drain well again and tip on to a serving board or platter. Toss with the spinach mixture, squeeze over the lime juice, add the extra virgin olive oil, mix well and season to taste.
- Sprinkle the mango chunks and cooked peppers over the quinoa. Halve and de-stone the avocado, then use a teaspoon to scoop curls of it over the salad.
- Slice up the chicken, toss the slices in any juices and add to the salad. Crumble over the feta, scatter over the remaining coriander leaves and snip over the cress. Serve with dollops of yoghurt.
- Serve the quickie now.
Stay tuned for more such ideas on your food and don’t forget to mention your experience with the dish in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: The Jamie’s 15 minute meals recipe is a part of Jamie’s 15 minute meals book and episodes. You will also find Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals on YouTube. This famous British Chef also have a collection of Jamie’s 15 minute meals chicken. Some Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals chicken recipes are Blackened Chicken with Quinoa Salad, Pasta Pesto with Chicken. Try it to make it your place and let us know how Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals tastes.