James Beard’s chocolate mousse is a rich, dairy-free and smooth dessert. This chocolate mousse is a combination of rich chocolate and dark coffee. It is equal parts chocolaty and heavenly.
One day, I was watching a show named Un Nuevo Dia. The chef, James Beard was making his famous chocolate mousse. I noted down the ingredients and instructions he gave so I could try making it. I tried making the mousse at home and it was the best mousse I ever had in my life. With coffee and chocolate as the major tones, it is the perfect bittersweet dessert.
To make chef James Beard’s famous chocolate mousse, melt the chocolate. Mix eggs and sugar together in a bowl. Then, mix in the olive oil. Once mixed, add the chocolate, espresso and liqueur. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites till they form medium peaks. Fold it in the chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until set. Then, serve.
This was a quick summary of the whole recipe. Find the complete recipe below. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Paula Deen’s Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake– This recipe is a great cake if you want to try a different cake recipe. It is spongey, fluffy sweet and packs a sour punch. It is quite easy to make too.
2. Janice Feuer Haugen’s Chocolate Decadence– If you love chocolate desserts, then Janice Feuer Haugen’s recipe of Chocolate Decadence is a fantastic recipe to try. It is made with smooth chocolate, which is baked to perfection and topped with candied orange peel.
3. Alton Brown’s Gold Cake– Alton Brown’s gold cake is a delicious and fluffy vanilla cake that is just supreme. It doesn’t require fancy ingredients, but the ones needed for a regular cake. It has a rich yellowish golden color. You can make it in less than an hour.
4. Bobby Flay’s Pizza Dough– The recipe is from a very famous chef named Bobby Flay. Bobby Flay is an American celebrity chef and a renowned television personality. He is the owner of many restaurants and has written many cookbooks as well.
Chef James Beard’s Famous Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 6 ounces Chopped Bittersweet Chocolate
- 3 Large Eggs
- ⅔ cup Confectioner's Sugar
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Oil
- ¼ cup Brewed Espresso
- 2 tbsp Liqueur
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer on high speed until light and lemon yellow in color.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Once the olive oil has been incorporated, add the melted chocolate, espresso, and liqueur.
- Mix on low speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until they form medium peaks.
- Fold the whites thoroughly into the chocolate mixture and refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours.
This was all about this recipe. Tell me how well you liked it in the comments below. You can also mention your suggestions and queries in the comments. I’ll make sure to help you with them. Till then, happy eating!