Jambalaya is an old-school recipe that is made of chicken and shrimp. It is made in multiple regions including France, Spain and Africa. Today, I will be sharing this recipe with you as it is a great, authentic and rare recipe.
Jambalaya, this word means a mixture of rice with some non-vegan food. You can either include chicken, shrimps and sausages. All of these things can be included in Jambalaya.
To make Jambalaya, heat oil in a pan and cook onions and bell peppers in it. Then, add chicken, andouille sausage, tomato paste, and garlic to it and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, rice, and old bay seasoning to it and let the rice cook. Then, add shrimps and cook them until they become pink. Garnish it with green onions and serve!
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Ploughman’s Lunch– This Ploughman’s Lunch is mostly famous in pubs in the United Kingdom. The reason why it is called Ploughman’s Lunch because it is what ‘a ploughman might eat’ while working on fields.
2. Mochar Ghonto– Mochar Ghonto, also known as Kolar Mocha and Banana Flower Sabzi is a healthy, rich in iron and traditional Bengali food item. This dish brings you the taste of our land; a subtle yet fiery cuisine, rich and traditional in its cores; the Bangla cuisine.
3. Chiles Rellenos– Chilli Rellenos is a Mexican dish with its origin to Puebla. Its variations are Hatch Chile, Anaheim pepper and Pasilla Meat. It has an incredible taste and you would keep asking for more of it.
4. Goulash– Stewing meat and vegetables with seasonings and other spices, homemade Goulash is one of the best dishes ever. Tracing the origins back to Hungary, it is commonly eaten in many parts of Europe. A pure delight!
Ingredients for Jambalaya
|Olive Oil||1 teaspoon|
|Kosher Salt||A pinch|
|Black Pepper||½ teaspoon|
|Boneless Chicken||1 lb.|
|Dried Oregano||1 teaspoon|
|Andouille Sausage||6 oz.|
|Tomato Paste||2 teaspoons|
|Chicken Stock||2 cup|
|Crushed Tomatoes||15 oz|
|Long Grain Rice||1 cup|
|Old Bay Seasoning||2 teaspoons|
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||20 Minutes||40 Minutes|
- Take a large pot and add some oil to it. Keep it over medium heat and add the bell peppers and onion. Stir them and season them with some salt and pepper. Cook it until soft for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken with some salt and pepper and stir it well. Cook the chicken until it is golden brown in color and add the andouille sausage, tomato paste, and garlic to it. Cook this whole mix for about 2 minutes until a sweet aroma comes out.
- In the same pot, add the chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, rice, and old bay seasoning. Lower the heat and cover it with a lid until the rice is perfectly cooked. It will take about 20 minutes.
- Now, pour in the shrimps and cook them until they change their color to pink. Say 3-5 minutes.
- And finally, when everything is ready, serve with some fresh green onion on the top.
Nutritional Breakdown of Jambalaya
How to Make Jambalaya Recipe at Home | Video