What is Jambalaya? Everyone who has seen or read this name is confused about what it really means. Jambalaya is an old-school recipe that consists of chicken and shrimps that were made in multiple regions including France, Spain and Africa. The similarities in this recipe in these regions made it so popular. Today, I will be sharing this recipe with you as I know you all love to know some great, authentic and rare recipes that no one usually knows about.
Jambalaya, this word means a mixture of rice with some non-vegan food. You can either include chicken, shrimps and sausages. All of these things can be included in Jambalaya. But I am only going to use chicken and shrimps, as this meal tastes really good with shrimps and chicken in it. So, are you guys ready? Let’s start the preparations and see how this authentic Jambalaya is made.
The ingredients listed below will be enough to make this recipe. I hope you will find them in your nearest supermarket or general store and start the preparations.
Ingredients for Jambalaya
|Olive Oil||1 tsp.|
|Bell Peppers||2 pc.|
|Kosher Salt||A pinch|
|Black Pepper||½ tsp.|
|Boneless Chicken||1 lb.|
|Dried Oregano||1 tsp.|
|Andouille Sausage||6 oz.|
|Tomato Paste||2 tsp.|
|Chicken Stock||2 cup.|
|Crushed Tomatoes||15 oz.|
|Long Grain Rice||1 cup|
|Old Bat Seasoning||2 tsp.|
|Green Onions||2 pc.|
Now you are done with the ingredients. Now let’s move toward the next phase of this recipe that will tell you how long you have to wait to get this recipe done.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||20 Minutes||40 Minutes|
Well, the time required is quite less. That means we can make this recipe whenever we want. Now comes the final part of the recipe that you were all waiting for. The full recipe with all the procedures that you need to follow is listed below. Have a look and make this authentic Jambalaya at home.
- Take a large pot and add some oil to it. Keep it over medium heat and add the bell peppers and onion. Stir them and season them with some salt and pepper. Cook it until soft for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken with some salt and pepper and stir it well. Cook the chicken until it is golden brown in color and add the andouille sausage, tomato paste and garlic. Cook this whole mix for about 2 minutes until a sweet aroma comes out.
- In the same pot, add the chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, rice and old bay. Turn the heat to low and cover it with a lid. Let it cook until the rice is perfectly cooked. It will take about 20 minutes.
- Now, pour in the shrimps and cook them until they change their color to pink. Say 3-5 minutes.
- And finally, when everything is ready, serve with some fresh green onion on the top.
Your delicious Jambalaya Recipe with no sausage is ready and can now be served to everyone in the house. Serve it hot as it tastes really good. I am pretty sure everyone will love it as it has all the goodness of chicken and shrimps with a great aroma of spices.
Nutritional Breakdown of Jambalaya
The nutritional breakdown of this recipe is down below for our foodies. Have a look and know the exact amount of the nutritional elements that you consume.
How to Make Jambalaya Recipe at Home | Video
Here is a link to a video that you can refer to. Watch the exact cooking video of this Jambalaya recipe and this will help you to know the details and some cool cooking tips and tricks.