Spices play a great role in enhancing the taste of our food as they have their own importance in cooking. The color, aroma and flavors which everyone looks for in any kind of food is due to these spices and seasonings.
Now as I am talking about spices, do you know what Jamaican Jerk Seasoning is? Well for those who don’t know, let me tell you about this spice blend. Jamaican Jerk is a very old and famous spice mix which makes your recipe more delicious and aromatic.
This seasoning consists of Jamaican spices which are known for their great flavor and taste. This spice includes many ground spices like cinnamon, cumin, black pepper and many more which are known for their anti inflammatory properties which can ease the stomach related problems and cramps. It is best for all stomach related problems and cures them without any side effects.
Don’t have allspice berries to make the seasoning? Here is a list of allspice berries substitutes that you can use instead. Do give it a read!
Now let’s start making this Jamaican Jerk Spice Blend at home. And the first step is to gather the ingredients. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Kielbasa And Cabbage– Kielbasa and cabbage is a Polish dish that contains kielbasa, which is Polish sausage and cabbage along with other ingredients and flavors.
2. Turkey Brine– This Turkey Brine recipe has a huge difference in taste and texture when compared to the other Turkey dishes. It is due to the fact that this dish is made from a process called Brining.
3. Souse Meat– Souse meat is a Caribbean dish which you can easily make at your home. They were making spicy meat which was named Souse meat. The meat was really tasty and I observed how they were making it very carefully.
4. Barbacoa de Res– This Barbacoa De Res is a perfect meal for your boring Sundays. It is basically a Mexican traditional dish that people make mostly on special occasions.
Ingredients for Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
|Cumin seeds||½ tsp|
|Allspice berries||2 tsp|
|Ground cinnamon||½ tsp|
|Ground nutmeg||½ tsp|
|Garlic powder||½ tsp|
|Pepper flakes||1 tsp|
|Dried thyme||1 tsp|
|Ground black pepper||½ tsp|
The list of ingredients will tell you how healthy and tasty this spice will be. And you can easily get these ingredients from any grocery store or supermarket.
The best part of this seasoning is that you can make it in just a few minutes. Have a look on the table below to know the proper timings.
How much time it will take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||5 minutes||15 minutes|
I know you are eager to know how it’s made. Ok, let’s start making this Jamaican Jerk Seasoning at home. And may I tell you it is super easy to make.
Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Recipe
- Take a skillet that is completely dry and roast the cumin seeds until you get a fresh and soothing aroma out of them.
- After they have been roasted, grind them very fine.
- Now take all the other spices or ingredients and mix this powder with them.
- Grind them coarsely or you can even keep it as it is without even grinding.
- Store this for 6 months and enjoy your seasoning.
Hello! It’s done. Yes, I am not joking. You have made the best Jamaican seasoning at home within a few minutes and by just reading this instruction. This seasoning tastes the best with every Non- vegetarian food and salads too.
Nutritional Breakdown of Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
For my friends who are curious about its nutritional breaking of this spice blend, don’t worry I have mentioned them in the box below.
How to Make Jamaican Jerk Seasoning at Home | Video
This recipe is very simple and easy. You can make this without any help. But if you feel that you need something for your assistance, then you can watch this video, it will guide you through all the steps.
I hope you like this recipe will do try this at home. Please tell us your valuable comments and reviews about this recipe in the comments section below. Till then stay safe and cook it easy.