Jalapeno cheese sticks are a favorite party snack. They are delicious, cheesy and really easy to make. They also get ready in no time. The recipe is quite simple, but the results are amazing. What else do we want?
I tried making jalapeno cheese sticks because I got bored of the regular cheese sticks. I wanted to give the simple cheese sticks an upgrade and came across this twist. I tried and absolutely loved it. The best part is it doesn’t take a huge trip to the supermarket or an overnight prep to make these.
To make jalapeno cheese sticks, stuff half jalapenos with half mozzarella cheese strings. Cover them with a wonton wrapper. Then, dip them in beaten egg and cover with breadcrumbs. At last, fry them until golden brown. The jalapeno cheese sticks are ready!
Let’s start with the list of ingredients before I tell you the detailed recipe. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Air Fryer Pizza Rolls– This homemade snack is easy to prepare and can even be used few days after they are made.
2. Spicy Cheese Cracker– This recipe that I have brought today for you foodies is both simple and delicious. All you have to do is, get the ingredients and start making it. This combination of crisp and smooth texture is the most satisfying meal ever.
3. Cheesy Spinach Corn Sandwich– Spinach Corn Sandwich is a toasted/grilled sandwich recipe prepared with a creamy and cheesy filling made of spinach, sweet corn, flour, milk, and cheese. It is also flavored with garlic, pepper, Italian herbs, and red chili flakes.
4. Cheeseburger Chowder– Cheese can be indulged in various foods or dishes and can make their taste even more delicious than before. So why not make a recipe which is loaded with lots of cheese and some beef which can transform your normal day into a happy one.
Ingredients For Jalapeno Cheese Sticks
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 8 sticks of Mozzarella String Cheese (cut in half)
- 8 Jalapenos (cut in half, stems and seeds removed)
- 16 Wonton Wrappers
- 1 Beaten Egg
- Oil (for frying)
- Bowl of Water (for rubbing on the edges of wonton wrappers)
Now, that we’re done with the ingredients, let’s also make a note of the required time for this recipe.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Jalapeno Cheese Sticks?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
Now when all is said and done, let’s fast forward to the steps of the recipe.
Steps To Make Jalapeno Cheese Sticks
- Start with stuffing half string of mozzarella cheese into the half cup jalapeno.
- When this is done, place the cheese-stuffed jalapeno in the middle of wonton wrappers and fold the wrapper covering the jalapeno completely.
- In a bowl, mix panko breadcrumbs, salt and garlic powder. In a separate bowl, keep the beaten egg.
- Now, dip the jalapeno in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs. Cover it with breadcrumbs completely.
- Heat oil in a pan and put the jalapeno cheese sticks in it. Fry the sticks till they get golden brown color.
- Take it out of the pan and drain excess oil. The jalapeno cheese stick is ready and can be enjoyed with ketchup or any dip of your choice.
This was the simple step-by-step recipe for making jalapeno cheese sticks. If you are a fitness freak, here is the nutritional value for it.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Jalapeno Cheese Sticks
Here is the table containing the nutritional breakdown for this recipe.
|Nutritional Value||Per Serving|
How To Make Jalapeno Cheese Sticks At Home | Video
If you want a video tutorial on how to make this recipe, I have uploaded a similar video for that as well. Check it out going down!
So, this was it! if you any suggestions or queries, mention them in the comments and I’ll get back to you. Also, if you liked this recipe, show it some love by sharing it. Thank you!