An easy-peasy recipe is coming your way today. The recipe for today is making Jackfruit Tacos at home. Jackfruit in tacos will be a great combination.
This fruit is a replica of shredded meat. So all the vegetarians who want to experience something similar to the chicken, cook them up. So make them part of this dish and do not waste them. Even if you are not a taco lover, give this recipe a try and you will love it.
Jackfruit tacos are really easy to prepare. All you need to do is sautéing the jackfruit with onions and garlic, add some seasonings to it, mash them and fill this mixture in the tacos. Do not discard the seeds of this fruit. They can be eaten too.
You need to follow the above-mentioned steps in a more detailed form. The details are explained below. You need to fetch the ingredients first to start with the recipe. So, here is the list of ingredients you require.
Ingredients For Jackfruit Tacos
- 2 20 ounce Cans Green Jackfruit (in water or brine, drained, rinsed, and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Light Oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 yellow onion (sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ cup Vegetable Broth or Water
- 1 tablespoon Agave
- ½ Lime (juiced)
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
For the Tacos
- 8 Taco Shells (hard or soft) (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- ¼ Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup Cilantro (roughly chopped)
- Lime Wedges
Make a list of the ingredients before heading out to the supermarket. Do not forget to check your pantry first, as you may find a few or all of them there. Now take a look at the time this dish takes to be prepared.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Vegan Jackfruit Tacos?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||15 minutes||25 minutes|
Preparing these tacos is not much time consuming. These tacos will be prepared within half an hour. Let’s take a look at how this is done.
Steps To Make Jackfruit Tacos
- Chop the jackfruit into thin slices. Slice them from the core to the edge. This will help to give a shredded texture.
- Take a large skillet and heat oil on a medium-high flame. Add onions and garlic to hot oil and saute them for 5 minutes till they turn brown and soft.
- Add jackfruit, broth, agave, lemon juice and other spices and cover. Reduce the heat to a minimum until half of the liquid is evaporated and jackfruit becomes soft.
- Using a potato masher, mash the jackfruit to get them shredded. If the jackfruit is wet, cook them more and if they seem dry, add some vegetable broth to it.
- Take taco shells and warm them. Add a scoop of the mixture into the taco. Top them with avocado slice, red onions, cilantro and squeeze a lemon.
- Tacos are ready to serve.
This dish is a perfect meal for a weekend or any busy day. This does not involve hardcore cooking. So you will be relieved from all the high-level cooking pressure. You can top the tacos with your favourite toppings or sauce. Squeeze a lemon on top of the taco and grab a bite.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Jackfruit Tacos
Let’s check out the nutrition breakdown of these vegan tacos.
How To Make Jackfruit Tacos At Home | Video
Don’t worry if you are unclear about some steps. I have uploaded the video of the steps involved in this recipe, so watch it and cook it.
If you have any questions regarding these Jackfruit Tacos, you can ask in the section below. If you like this recipe and want more such recipes, write some suggestions in the comment section. I will try to get back to you. I hope you will like it. So have fun making them. I would love to hear from you the reviews. Enjoy taco-ing!