If you want a unique recipe then, the jackfruit tacos are the best option for you. It is made with delicious and flavored jackfruit. It is an easy-to-make recipe and is a great and healthy meal.
This fruit is a replica of shredded meat. So all the vegetarians who want to experience something similar to the chicken, cook them up. So make them part of this dish and do not waste them. Even if you are not a taco lover, give this recipe a try and you will love it.
To make jackfruit tacos, sauté the jackfruit with onions and garlic. Then, add some seasonings to it, mash them and fill this mixture in the tacos. Use the seeds of the fruit as well. Your jackfruit tacos are ready!
This is just an overview of the recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Deep Fried Steak– Deep-fried steak is also known as country fried steak or American breaded cutlet dish. This dish consists of a piece of beefsteak coated with seasoned flour. This steak has a flavourful brown crust and a very juicy interior.
2. Meatball Nirvana– Meatball Nirvana is made with ground beef and spices. It is served with pasta and made in red sauce.
3. Gravlax– Gravlax is a Scandinavian cuisine made of salmon by fermenting it with vodka and spices. It is served as an appetizer.
4. Braciole– Braciole is a classic Italian dish made with thin slices of meat and its filling is cooked in wine-infused sauce. So all the wine lovers will relish this without a doubt.
Jackfruit Tacos Recipe
- 2 20-ounce cans Green Jackfruit (in water or brine, drained, rinsed, and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (sliced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- ½ cup Vegetable Broth or Water
- 1 tablespoon Agave
- ½ Lime (juiced)
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 8 Taco Shells
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- ¼ Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup Cilantro (roughly chopped)
- Lime Wedges
- Chop the jackfruit into thin slices. Slice them from the core to the edge. This will help to give a shredded texture.
- Take a large skillet and heat oil on a medium-high flame. Add onions and garlic to hot oil and saute them for 5 minutes till they turn brown and soft.
- Add jackfruit, broth, agave, lemon juice, and other spices and cover. Reduce the heat to a minimum until half of the liquid is evaporated and jackfruit becomes soft.
- Using a potato masher, mash the jackfruit to get them shredded. If the jackfruit is wet, cook them more and if they seem dry, add some vegetable broth to it.
- Take taco shells and warm them. Add a scoop of the mixture into the taco. Top them with avocado slice, red onions, cilantro, and squeeze a lemon.
- Tacos are ready to serve.