Want to make this Christmas more fancy and tropical? Say no further. We have a Christmas-perfect boozy cocktail for you; the Jack frost cocktail.
Jack frost cocktail recipe is a 5 min cocktail recipe that is very easy yet flavorful. It has a tropical and sweet flavor. This cocktail will give a perfect punch of alcohol and fruit altogether. Not only the taste but the look and feel of this drink are very fancy.
This recipe only needs a few ingredients. Just throw in some ice with pineapple juice, vodka, cream of coconut, and blue curacao and blend them well. Give a “frost” effect with shredded coconut and corn syrup.
Today, we will learn how to make a jack frost cocktail and reveal other interesting tips and tricks. So without any further wait, let’s dig into the jack frost cocktail recipe.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jack Frost Cocktail?
- Blender: Blender will be used to mix all the ingredients.
- Glasses: The recipe will yield four servings so you will need four glasses at least.
- Small Bowl: A small bowl will be required to run the glass rim for garnishing.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Jack Frost Cocktail?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||–||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jack Frost Cocktail
- Pineapple Juice – Pineapple juice will give a fruity punch to the drink.
- Vodka/ Rum – You can choose vodka or rum for this drink as per your choice.
- Blue Curacao – Blue curacao will add a bold look to the drink.
- Cream Of Coconut – You can use coconut cream of coconut to bring a smooth flavor.
- Shredded Coconut – Shredded coconut will be useful to decorate the glass.
- Corn Syrup – Corn syrup will hint at the sweetness and help garnish.
- Ice – Adding ice will make your drink cooler and fancy.
Steps To Make Jack Frost Cocktail?
1. Pre preparation
Take your glasses out. In a small bowl or plate, pour some corn syrup. Run the rim of the glass in the corn syrup. Now in another bowl or plate, take some shredded coconut and run the edge of the glass into it.
You will have corn syrup and coconut around the glass rim. It will make your drink fancy and add flavors too.
2. Mix in all ingredients
In a blender, bring in all the ingredients- pineapple juice, vodka or rum, blue curacao, and cream of coconut. Add some ice to the blender.
Blend the liquids together. Ensure you only over-blend the ice; otherwise, your drink will be more watery.
3. Serve your drink
Pour the blended mix into the glasses decorated with corn syrup and shredded coconut. You can add more ice here. Now, you can enjoy your cool and fancy jack frost cocktail.
|Vitamin C||5 mg|
How Will Jack Frost Cocktail Look And Taste Like?
The taste of the jack frost cocktail will be sweet and fruity because of pineapple juice, and it will have a tropical flavor. The vodka will give the perfect hint of a boozy taste, and coconut cream will add smoothness to the cocktail.
When it comes to the look of the cocktail, adding pineapple juice and Blue Curacao will give your drink a dreamy sea-blue color. The frost impact will come with the shredded coconut and corn syrup.
Tips for Jack Frost Cocktail?
- Do not use coconut cream or coconut milk instead of cream of coconut. Coconut cream or milk is unsweetened.
- It is best to use corn syrup to coat the rim of the glass. Other syrups or liquids may not help the shredded coconut to stick properly.
- Make sure to use a trusty food processor for this recipe. The ingredients need to be blended really well to give a smooth texture.
Addition And Variations Of Jack Frost Cocktails
- Mocktail: You can make this drink non-alcoholic. Instead of vodka and blue curacao, use blue curacao syrup and non-alcoholic vodka.
- Martini: If you do not want to make an icy drink, make a martini instead. In a shaker with ice, shake the pineapple juice, cream of coconut, vodka, and blue curacao. Strain into a martini glass and enjoy.
- Make it more tropical: You can use the white rum in this recipe for a really tropical-flavored cocktail instead of vodka. A clear spiced rum would also work for this cocktail.
Jack Frost Cocktail Recipe
- ¾ cup Pineapple Juice
- ⅓ cup White Rum
- ⅓ cup Blue Curacao
- ⅓ cup Cream of Coconut
- ½ cup Sweetened Coconut (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons Clear Corn Syrup
- 2 cups Ice Cubes
- Firstly, rim the glass, for which you will need a small bowl. In the bowl, pour some corn syrup. Run the rim of the glass into it.
- Now, run the same glass in shredded coconut. You can gently add shredded coconut if any spot is missed. Keep it aside.
- Take a blender and add ice cubes, pineapple juice, white rum, blue curacao, and cream of coconut.
- Blend all the ingredients for about 25-30 seconds until all chunks are finely blended.
- Pour the blended liquid into the glasses we prepared in the first step.
- You can add some more ice and enjoy
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can we use light rum instead of vodka?
Yes, you can easily switch your vodka with a light rum.
Are coconut cream and coconut milk the same?
They are different, and coconut cream is best for making any cocktails.
Can we store the jack frost cocktail?
Yes, you can freeze this cocktail in an airtight container that lasts up to a few weeks.
Jack frost cocktail is a very fancy and easy cocktail you can enjoy this holiday season. I am sure your guests will be highly impressed with the look and taste of the jack frost cocktail.
Just get some vodka and blend it well with pineapple juice, Blue Curacao, and cream of coconut & enjoy. If this recipe was helpful, then let us know in the comments. Until then, wash away your winter blues with a jack frost cocktail.