With Labor Day coming up, it can get confusing as to what to cook to make every person in the family happy with the holiday meal. How about ditching cooking plans and instead enjoying some classic American burgers? Is there a better way to enjoy burgers than at Whataburger? Definitely not! But, the real question here is, is Whataburger even open on Labor day to enjoy their meals? Let us take a look!
Whataburger will be open and serving their customers as usual on Labor day this year. Most outlets will be operating as per their regular working hours, which are 6:00 am to 12:00 am. So, you can enjoy a great burger and more at Whataburger with ease this Labor day. However, some Whataburger outlets might run on reduced hours.
Whataburger is an American chain of fast food restaurants serving lip-smacking burgers since 1950. With their first outlet opened on August 8, 1950, in Texas, the owner Harmon Dobson was a man with a dream. The whole idea behind opening Whataburgers was to serve customers burgers that they had never seen before.
Serving burgers bigger than ever before, the customers were really happy with not just the size of the burgers but also the flavor. This is what made this small burger joint an instant hit. In fact, the business was booming so much that by the end of the decade, Harmon Dobson had already opened the 21st outlet of Whataburger.
By the 1990s, they introduced a lot of new delicious items to their menu, and this burger joint has never had to look back after! They now have their headquarters in the birthplace of Whataburgers, Texas, with over 670 outlets in the United States itself.
Whataburgers is also one of those burger joints with a lot of outlets being open 24/7, serving delicious meals to their customers. They have a wide variety of items to choose from on their menu, like burgers, fries, sandwiches, shakes, sides, salads, and much more. However, their heroes are still their classic burgers.
In this article, you will learn about the exact operating hours of Whataburger on Labor day. Along with that, you will also get to know about some of the specials from their menu that you should not miss out on this Labor day! So, let us dive into the delicious world of Whataburger!
What's In The Post
Whataburger Opening/ Closing Hours On Labor Day
|Whataburger Operating Hours On Labor Day||6:00 am to 12:00 am|
Whataburger is one of those restaurant chains that are open for customers all year round. Labor day being no exception to this rule, Whataburger will be open as per their regular operating hours of 6:00 am to 12:00 am. Some Whataburger locations are also open 24/7, depending on their location.
Most Whataburger outlets will be operational as per their regular hours. However, the timings may differ a bit with some outlets. Some of them may operate on reduced hours, as Labor day is a holiday. So, to save yourself some time and energy, it is advised to first call the outlet closest to you and check their exact timings of operation.
Moreover, Whataburger will not be open just for dining in! You can enjoy their delicious burgers right at your doorstep by ordering through their official website. They are also available on food delivery apps like DoorDash, Grubhub, and Ubereats. They also have an option of a drive-through for those who would like to enjoy some great burgers on the go.
Labor Day Specials On The Whataburger Menu That You Should Try
The best Whataburger dishes that you can try on the Labor day this year are:
- Bacon And Cheese Whataburger
- Whataburger Patty Melt
- Whataburger Mushroom Swiss Burger
- Triple Meat Whataburger
- Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich
1. Bacon And Cheese Whataburger
Is there anything better than topping a classic burger with some crispy bacon? Nothing comes to your mind, right? I thought as much! Bacon-topped burgers are truly a match made in heaven, and so is the case with this classic from Whataburgers.
This bacon and cheese burger is made with classic ingredients like large 5” buns and beef patties. This burger is topped with American cheese slices, tomato, lettuce, pickles, diced onions, mustard, and of course, three slices of crispy bacon.
This burger will surely leave your taste buds happy and satisfied this Labor day. Pair the burger with some classic sides and drinks from the menu to make it a complete meal.
2. Whataburger Patty Melt
The Whataburger patty melt is and has remained a classic ever since it was first introduced. Coming under the category of ‘All-time favorites,’ this burger has been a favorite for most for a reason! Let us see what exactly goes in it.
The Whataburger patty melt has classic ingredients like two 5” beef patties, Monterey jack cheese, grilled onions, and creamy pepper. All these ingredients are packed in fresh Texas toast.
Although the bread option for this burger is not a classic bun, the Texas toast does complete justice to all the ingredients inside. Just one of these, and I’m sure your Labor day will be much better!
3. Whataburger Mushroom Swiss Burger
If you are a fan of trying unusual burger toppings, you should definitely try this Mushroom Swiss Burger from Whataburger. The addition of mushrooms to the burger takes it to a whole new level of being delicious!
The Mushroom Swiss burger is described as nothing too fancy. It consists of the usual 5” buns, two 5” beef patties, Swiss cheese, and creamy jus. Then comes the best part, the fire-roasted mushrooms.
The mushrooms provide a lot of umami flavor and meaty texture to the meaty burger. Mostly, just one of these burgers will leave your stomach and soul extremely happy and satisfied.
4. Triple Meat Whataburger
What is better than a single patty burger? A double patty burger, of course! But is there anything that is better and beyond compared to a double patty burger? Yes, there is! You should try the triple meat Whataburger!
The triple-meat Whataburger is an extremely indulgent choice for anyone who loves a little extra meat and has a huge appetite. It is a simple burger with the classic 5” Whataburger buns, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, diced onions, and mustard.
Then comes the star of the show, the triple beef patties! This burger is for anyone who is looking to cheat to the best extent this Labor day!
5. Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich
Not everyone is a fan of red meat and beef, in particular, that is for sure. So, for those of you who would rather like to stick to a slightly lighter meal on Labor day, Whataburger has great chicken options!
This chicken sandwich is a delight for anyone who loves chicken. It consists of only three ingredients, which are chicken strips, Monterey jack cheese, and honey bbq. All these humble ingredients are wrapped up in a classic Texas toast.
The melted cheese in the sandwich gives it a great gooey and cheesy flavor which pairs really well with the rest of the ingredients. For most of you with a larger appetite, just one of these might not be enough. So, pair it with some classic fries or other sides from Whataburger, along with one of their decadent milkshakes, to make it a completely satisfactory and delicious meal.
Similar Restaurants That Are Open On Labor Day
- Sonic Drive-In – Planning to have your Sonic favorites on Labor Day this year?This restaurant serves holiday meal-worthy treats to the customers, even on holidays like Labor Day. Seek out the link and check out Sonic Drive-In’s operational hours on Labor Day this year.
- Arby’s – From beef burgers to great vegetarian options, Arby’s can serve everything this Labor Day that you can enjoy binging on. To know the timings of Arby’s for Labor Day and the dishes you can enjoy on Labor Day, follow the link!
- Little Caesars – This chain of restaurants in another famous American pizza hub that’s open and ready to serve its customers on Labor Day. You can enjoy numerous varieties of pizzas along with satiating drinks. Click on the name of this restaurant and check out what dishes you can expect on the menu of Little Caesars this Labor Day.
- Dairy Queen – Give a sweet finish to your holiday meal by having delicious frozen treats! By frozen treats, I mean ice creams. But ice creams from Dairy Queen are a real holiday treat. So, check out at what time you should visit this ice cream cum fast food hub to enjoy your Labor Day.
- Jack in the Box – More than just a fast-food restaurant, Jack in the Box is an all-day breakfast hub. So, why not have a happy meal at Jack in the box on holiday like Labor Day? Follow the link now and read the perfect holiday dishes that you can have on Labor Day.
- Panda Express – If you feel like trying the best of Chinese cuisine on Labor Day this year, visit your nearest Panda Express. This Chinese restaurant chain is open and serving all its menu specials on Labor Day. So, check out what dishes you can try here at Panda Express on Labor Day this year.
- Popeyes – How about enjoying mouth-watering flavors from Louisiana Kitchen on Labor Day? Then plan your holiday meal at Popeyes on Labor Day this year. This restaurant chain has amazingly delish dishes to satiate your cravings for Louisiana flavors.
- Papa John’s – Papa John’s is another masterpiece in the American fast-food industry to serve you a happy holiday meal on Labor day this year. So, hurry up and check out at what time you can visit your nearest Papa John’s to have a holiday meal on Labor Day.
- KFC – A bucket-full crispy fried chicken is worth a holiday meal! Are you, too, having plans to visit KFC on Labor Day this year? So, follow the link to know all the delicious menu items that you can try on Labor Day this year.
- Jimmy John’s – Jimmy John’s is a food paradise for die-hard foodies! And the good news is that this restaurant chain has decided to stay open and active for its customers on Labor Day this year. But first, check out the link to know what special you can expect on the menu of Jimmy John’s this year on Labor Day.
Whataburgers is open and functional to serve customers as per usual on Labor day. Most Whataburger outlets will be working as per their usual hours of operation on Labor day, which is 6:00 am to 12:00 am. Some outlets may also be working 24 hours, as per their usual time.
However, some Whataburger outlets may work on holiday hours or reduced hours. So, to save yourself some energy and gas, it is best to once call the outlet closest to you and check their exact hours of operation. But, regardless of that, Whataburger is the best place to enjoy some classic American burgers on Labor day.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Whataburger open on Labor day?
Yes, Whataburger will be open and serving customers as per usual on Labor day.
What will be the hours of operation of Whataburger outlets on Labor day?
Most Whataburger outlets will be operational as per their usual timings on Labor day, which is 6:00 am to 12:00 am. Some outlets may also be functional for 24 hours.
Will Whataburger operate at reduced hours on Labor day?
Some outlets may operate at reduced hours on Labor day, so it is best to once check with the outlet closest to you before visiting.
Will Whataburger be open only for Dine-in on Labor day?
No, you can also order food from Whataburger to your doorstep using their online delivery service. They are also available on other delivery platforms like UberEats, Grubhub, and DoorDash, along with drive-through options.
What are the special items on the Whataburger menu that should be tried on Labor day?
Some specials from the Whataburger menu that you should try this Labor day include Honey BBQ chicken strip sandwich, triple meat Whataburger, Whataburger Mushroom Swiss Burger, and Whataburger Patty melt and bacon and cheese Whataburger.