Turkey is considered to be the official food for a Thanksgiving feast. But, even on such holidays, nothing can beat some classic burgers and fries. For delicious burgers and fries, Wendy’s is truly one of the best places to visit. But is Wendy’s even open on Thanksgiving? Let’s have a look.
Wendy’s will be open to serve customers their delicious food on Thanksgiving this year. Their official opening and closing timings on Thanksgiving will be 07:00 am to 10:00 pm, which is the same as always. However, although these are just the official hours, some of the outlets may have varied opening and closing times.
Wendy’s is an American chain of fast food restaurants that was founded in 1969. It was founded by Dave Thomas, who opened the first Wendy’s outlet in Columbus, Ohio. Now, their headquarters are located in Dublin, Ohio.
Ever since the first Wendy’s outlet opened, it was truly a favorite place for customers to enjoy some delicious square hamburgers. The owner, Dave Thomas, got the idea to sell square hamburgers as it gave the impression of a lot of meat in a circular bun.
Well, the idea did take off quite well as Wendy’s has never had to look back after they first opened! The restaurant chain, by the year 1978, had already opened its 1000th outlet! In fact, in 2018, Wendy’s was regarded as the third largest fast food chain in the world, after Mcdonald’s and Burger King!
As of now, Wendy’s is a well-known chain of restaurants not just in the United States but at many international locations too! Wendy’s has about 6500 outlets in the US alone, along with restaurants in 29 countries across the world. The Wendy’s restaurant chain management believes in one thing, which is serving fresh food.
In fact, on their official website, they say, “At Wendy’s, we’re all about serving up fresh food, even if it means going the extra mile.”. This is something that they have never really failed to deliver!
The Wendy’s menu, along with their delicious square hamburgers, which have been around for ages, also features combos, chicken sandwiches and nuggets, breakfast items, biscuits, salads, fries, sides, croissants, kids meals, beverages, bakery items, and of course, their delicious frosties which are really well known!
This article will help you understand how you can enjoy food from Wendy’s on Thanksgiving, along with some of the specials from their menu, which should surely be tried out on holiday!
What's In The Post
Wendy’s Opening / Closing Hours On Thanksgiving
|Wendy’s Operating Hours On Thanksgiving
|07:00 am to 10:00 pm
Wendy’s is a chain of restaurants that you can count on, even on most major national holidays like Thanksgiving. Following this norm, Wendy’s will be open on Thanksgiving this year to serve their customers some of their delicious burgers, fries, frosty and more.
Their official opening and closing hours will be the same as always, which are 07:00 am to 10:00 pm. But, there are chances that some of the outlets may follow a holiday schedule.
Wendy’s, being such a large chain of restaurants, does have a lot of outlets that are franchise owned. With these particular outlets, the opening and closing times can differ as compared to the official timings, depending on what the franchise owner decides.
I know not all of us may know which outlet is franchise owned and which one is not! So, it is suggested that you call the outlet closest to you, to know what their timings will be like, on Thanksgiving. Moreover, Wendy’s management also suggests using their location finder to know the exact hours of operation at your nearest outlet.
I am sure this may have brought a sigh of relief to many. In case you would rather celebrate the holiday at home, you can also order from Wendy’s on Thanksgiving as they will be delivering too! Orders can easily be placed through their official website or other delivery platforms like Uber Eats and Doordash.
Wendy’s also does a lot of specials for most holidays, along with some rewards that are truly worth checking out. So, don’t forget to visit Wendy’s on Thanksgiving this year, to claim all these rewards and treats!
Still not convinced enough? Let us take a look at some of the specials from Wendy’s menu without further ado, and I can guarantee you that these will surely change your mind!
Specials From The Wendy’s Menu That Should Be Tried On Thanksgiving
The top five specials from Wendy’s menu that should be tried out on Thanksgiving are:
- Wendy’s Bourbon Bacon Cheeseburger
- Wendy’s Pretzel Bacon Pub Cheeseburger
- Wendy’s Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- Wendy’s Chili Cheese Fries
- Wendy’s Frosties
1. Wendy’s Bourbon Bacon Cheeseburger
Are you a fan of Bourbon? Have you ever wondered what Bourbon would taste like if combined with your favorite cheeseburger? Let me answer that for you. It is divine! Wendy’s, in general, does delicious burgers, which, when combined with Bourbon, truly elevate the flavor to the next level!
The Bourbon Bacon Cheeseburger consists of a ¼ lb all beef patty, which Wendy’s proudly claims is always fresh and never frozen. This patty is topped with some crispy and delicious applewood smoked bacon, American cheese, and crispy onions.
Once all these toppings are stacked comes the main deal, which is what makes this burger what it is! Some sweet and smoky bourbon bacon sauce, which is indeed made with real Bourbon and bacon. This burger will truly not make you miss turkey on Thanksgiving.
2. Wendy’s Pretzel Bacon Pub Cheeseburger
This burger was a classic from Wendy’s, which was actually discontinued at a point. I am sure that many of you may be really happy to know that they have relaunched it and now, it is more delicious than ever!
This burger consists of a ¼ lb of fresh beef patty, which is topped with some warm beer cheese sauce, which gives it an extra rich flavor. Further, it also consists of some crispy applewood smoked bacon, crispy fried onions, and pickles.
Lastly, the burger is topped with smoky honey mustard sauce, and a slice of muenster cheese, all packed up in a pretzel bun. This burger is also available in three size variations, which are single, double, and triple patty, fit to satisfy the biggest of appetites on Thanksgiving!
3. Wendy’s Spicy Chicken Sandwich
Thanksgiving is all about enjoying some delicious and juicy turkey. But in case of turkey is not accessible, you can always settle for the next best bird, which is chicken. However, when it comes to the spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy’s, it is truly far more than just settling!
This sandwich is truly delicious and should really not be missed out on, especially by people who love a little spice! This sandwich is really nothing fancy! It is indeed the classic flavors that are blended so well together that make this sandwich shine.
It consists of a juicy chicken breast that is marinated and then breaded in a delicious spicy pepper blend and fried to give it a crispy exterior. This patty is topped with some lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise. Like I said, simple, yet worth devouring!
4. Wendy’s Chili Cheese Fries
I don’t know about all of you, but I truly cannot enjoy burgers as they are! I mean, it is a full meal only if there are sides to accompany the main course, right? Wendy’s has a wonderful selection of fries and sides, and the chili cheese fries are truly incredible!
These chili cheese fries are made with fresh, natural-cut potatoes. These fries are skin-on fries and are first seasoned with some sea salt. Finally, these are topped with some of Wendy’s delicious chili, along with a cheese sauce.
The best part about these fries is that in case the chili does not seem enough and you’d like a little more zest, you can always order some extra chili! But either way, these fries are delicious and will make your burger meal complete on Thanksgiving.
5. Wendy’s Frosties
The frosty from Wendy’s is one of those things on their menu that you truly cannot miss out on, regardless of the day you visit. These are sweet and cold and probably the best thing to either accompany your meal or to put a sweet ending to it!
These frosty, as Wendy’s describes them, are “Thick enough to use a spoon, smooth enough to use a straw, and perfect when enjoyed on the end of a fry.” They are available in two flavors, namely chocolate, and strawberry.
Moreover, the frosties are served in various sizes to choose from, junior, small, medium, and large. So, whether you crave a jumbo sweet treat after your meal on Thanksgiving or just something little, Wendy’s has the perfect options for you!
Similar Restaurants That Are Open On Thanksgiving 2022
- Starbucks – For a perfect caffeine fix on Thanksgiving morning, there’s no better place than Starbucks. Follow the link to have a quick peek at the Thanksgiving updates of Starbucks.
- Burger King – For casual munching or party table lineups, burgers never fail to add fun to your meal. On Thanksgiving, a burger from Burger King is always a great deal! So, follow the link to know the Thanksgiving updates on Burger King.
- Dunkin’ Donuts – Want to add some of the best comforting sweet treats to your Thanksgiving menu? Then, don’t miss out on the Dunkin’ Donuts menu items. Check out the operational hours of Dunkin’ Donuts on Thanksgiving day.
- Domino’s – Bring some delectable Domino’s flavors to the Thanksgiving dinner table! Ready to give your guests the delight of ‘cheezy-licious’ treats from Domino’s on Thanksgiving day? Follow the link and check out what to know what to expect from Domino’s on Thanksgiving.
- Pizza Hut – If you don’t want to miss piping hot cheesy pizzas when it’s time for the Thanksgiving feast, follow the link. Check out what you can have from Pizza Hut on Thanksgiving this year.
- KFC – How about snacking on some ‘Krispy-licious’ chicken on Thanksgiving? The answer, as I know, is always a ‘Yes.’ So, follow the link to know what you can expect from KFC on Thanksgiving this year.
- Little Caesars – Another iconic pizza serving restaurant chain that’s open and operational on Thanksgiving this year is Little Caesars. Seek out the link to know the holiday updates of Little Caesars.
- Jack In The Box – One of the popular restaurants where you can have pocket-friendly holiday-worthy meals is Jack in the Box. So, don’t wait for any further and follow the link to check what special they have on their menu on Thanksgiving day.
- Popeyes – If you want to try a chicken sandwich on Thanksgiving, visit Popeyes. You can click on the link to know the operational hours of this restaurant chain on Thanksgiving day.
- Papa John’s – Among famous fast food hubs, Papa John’s is another place where you can have your favorite fast food on Thanksgiving. Yes! You read it right. Papa John’s is active and operational on Thanksgiving this year.
Wendy’s will be open to serve customers on Thanksgiving this year. Their official opening and closing timings on Thanksgiving will be the same as always, which are 07:00 am to 10:00 pm. However, some of the outlets may have varied opening and closing times.
So, before you visit Wendy’s on Thanksgiving, do give the nearest location a call to know their opening and closing hours on holiday. Alternatively, you can also use Wendy’s location finder to know the operating hours of the outlet closest to you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Will Wendy’s be open on Thanksgiving this year?
Yes, Wendy’s will be open on Thanksgiving, 2023.
What will be the opening and closing timings at Wendy’s on Thanksgiving?
The opening and closing timings for most Wendy’s outlets on Thanksgiving will be 07:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Will any of the outlets follow reduced hours of operation?
Yes, some of Wendy’s outlets may have reduced hours of operation on Thanksgiving.
What are some of the specials from Wendy’s that are worth trying on Thanksgiving?
Some specials from Wendy’s that you should try out on Thanksgiving are Wendy’s Bourbon Bacon Cheeseburger, Pretzel Bacon Pub Cheeseburger, Spicy Chicken Sandwich, Chili Cheese Fries, and Wendy’s Frosties.
Does Wendy’s menu have any desserts other than frosty?
Yes, Wendy’s menu does have some other dessert options, like cookies and an oatmeal bar.