Drive-thru always makes things exciting and especially on a holiday when restaurants are jam-packed. If you are not the one to get into a crowd, think about parking your car under a shade, ordering your food through a speaker, and having a carhop bring your food to you. Did that just make you realize that Sonic could be a great idea for a Labor Day outing? Let’s first find out whether the restaurant is open on this day.
Sonic remains open and in service on Labor day and operates at the same working hours as usual, which is from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. However, since it is owned by different franchise owners, the timings of certain locations might vary. So, before you step out, it would be a good idea to check with the nearest Sonic for its timings.
Sonic, also known as Sonic Drive-In, is a drive-in fast-food restaurant chain that was founded in 1953. This chain is among the top 50 quick-service and fast-casual restaurant brands in the United States of America. What makes Sonic stand out from the rest of the crowd is its fun serving style. Sonic serves orders to its customers by appointing car-hops who go around on roller skates.
This Drive-in chain of restaurants specializes in hamburgers and fries. Sonic has around 3,550 restaurants in over 46 locations in the United States of America. Other menu items offered at Sonic include onion rings, chili dogs, corn dogs, breakfast toaster sandwiches, soft drinks, milkshakes, slushes, floats, sundaes, etc.
If you have never tried Sonic before, you will be happy to know how smoothly the ordering process at Sonic works out. All you need to do is reach the Sonic drive-in booth and then place your order via an intercom system. Once you place your order, it’ll be delivered by one of the carhops.
But that’s not all. If you want to enjoy a meal by sitting at a table, most of the drive-ins of this chain have patios made for seating along with drive-thru lanes. Thus, Sonic provides you with the best of both worlds.
Now before we move on to find out about all the yummy meals that Sonic offers, let me tell you a fun fact. Although today Sonic Drive-In is known for its insane selection of beverages, back in the day, it only offered one soft drink: root beer. So, the first Sonic was actually a root beer stand, and it was called Top Hat. But soon, Troy Smith, the owner, was informed that the name ‘Top Hat’ was already copyrighted.
So, with their slogan- “Service With the Speed of Sound,” “sonic” clicked Smith’s mind, which means “speed of sound.” That’s how the brand found its unique name.
Let’s now get to know what specials you can find at Sonic on Labor Day 2022.
What's In The Post
Sonic Opening/Closing Hours On Labor Day
|Sonic Labor Day Hours
|6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Sonic stays open and accepts orders on Labor day. The chain keeps its doors open as per its usual timings, which are from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. However, keep in mind that Sonic at certain locations might operate at varying hours. Hence, it would be best to check with them beforehand.
A meal at Sonic can be a pleasurable experience for all age groups. This chain of restaurants offers delectable food items that range from burgers, hot dogs, chicken, sandwiches, snacks and sides, ice creams, kids’ meals, drinks, and exciting deals.
Now that you know all about the working of Sonic on Labor Day let’s find out more about what foods you can enjoy at Sonic on September 4, 2023.
Sonic Specials That You Can Try On Labor Day 2022
The top five Sonic menu items that you should try this Labor Day are:-
- Sonic Butter Bacon Burger
- Sonic Patty Melt
- Sonic Cherry Limeade
- Sonic Mozzarella Sticks
- Sonic Hot Dogs
1. Sonic Butter Bacon Burger
A burger at Sonic is more than a jaw-dropping experience at Sonic, especially when we call for the Sonic butter bacon burger.
Sonic butter bacon burger doesn’t only look appetizing, but it’s decadence at its best. This Sonic burger comes with a beef patty topped with grilled onions, two slices of American cheese, garlic butter, bacon, and mayonnaise.
The company says the Garlic Butter Bacon Burger is “bliss for garlic and butter lovers alike. The Sonic butter bacon burger has taken many hearts, but for reasons unknown, the brand didn’t keep it on the menu at all times. The chain brought the full-sized and junior versions of the sandwich back in 2020. Doesn’t that fact make you want to try this one?
2. Sonic Patty Melt
The sonic patty melt is another stellar dish on Sonic’s menu. Satisfying that melty cheese craving, the Sonic patty melt features a quarter-pound pure seasoned beef patty, two slices of American cheese, grilled onions, mayo, and mustard packed between two thick slices of Texas Toast. And customers can try the double patty melt, featuring two pure seasoned beef patties for unparalleled goodness. This patty melt is filled with savory flavors that are irresistible.
3. Sonic Cherry Limeade
A drink at Sonic is a must, and while there are way too many options to choose from, the Sonic cherry limeade makes a great choice. Sonic cherry limeade is filled with cherry flavors and hints of almond. This drink is a combination of frozen limeade concentrate, fizzy lemon-lime soda, and sweet maraschino cherry juice. It is the perfect drink to quench your thirst on a scorching summer day.
4. Sonic Mozzarella Sticks
If cheese is what you crave, then sonic mozzarella sticks are made for you. They not only make a delicious snack to gorge on but also come in a variety of sizes to suit your hunger. The mozzarella sticks at Sonic are made with melty, real mozzarella cheese breaded and fried perfectly and served with a zesty marinara sauce for dipping. You could opt for the ranch dressing, too.
5. Sonic Hot Dogs
The hot dogs at Sonic Drive-In are pretty flavorful and are also called the best fast-food hot dogs out there. They come with a fabulous texture and taste pretty good. Sonic’s premium beef all-American dog is made with 100% pure beef and topped with yellow mustard, ketchup, relish, diced onions, and served in a soft, warm bakery bun. So, if you haven’t tried the Sonic hot dog yet, it’s time to dig into them.
Similar Restaurants That Are Open On Labor Day
- Pizza Hut – Pizza Hut is another famous Pizza giant that’s the perfect place to celebrate Labor Day or any other holiday. So, feel free to follow the link and check out all the holiday specials that you can try at Pizza Hut on Labor Day
- Whataburger – What-a-burger does to a hungry tummy is exactly “Whataburger” menu does to a holiday mood! So don’t forget to try their burger under the special offer on Labor Day this year.
- KFC – A bucket-full crispy fried chicken is worth a holiday meal! Are you, too, having plans to visit KFC on Labor Day this year? So, follow the link to know all the delicious menu items that you can try on Labor Day this year.
- Arby’s – From beef burgers to great vegetarian options, Arby’s can serve everything this Labor Day that you can enjoy binging on. To know the timings of Arby’s for Labor Day and the dishes you can enjoy on Labor Day, follow the link!
- Little Caesars – This chain of restaurants in another famous American pizza hub that’s open and ready to serve its customers on Labor Day. You can enjoy numerous varieties of pizzas along with satiating drinks. Click on the name of this restaurant and check out what dishes you can expect on the menu of Little Caesars this Labor Day.
- Dairy Queen – Give a sweet finish to your holiday meal by having delicious frozen treats! By frozen treats, I mean ice creams. But ice creams from Dairy Queen are a real holiday treat. So, check out at what time you should visit this ice cream cum fast food hub to enjoy your Labor Day.
- Jack in the Box – More than just a fast-food restaurant, Jack in the Box is an all-day breakfast hub. So, why not have a happy meal at Jack in the box on holiday like Labor Day? Follow the link now and read the perfect holiday dishes that you can have on Labor Day.
- Panda Express – If you feel like trying the best of Chinese cuisine on Labor Day this year, visit your nearest Panda Express. This Chinese restaurant chain is open and serving all its menu specials on Labor Day. So, check out what dishes you can try here at Panda Express on Labor Day this year.
- Popeyes – How about enjoying mouth-watering flavors from Louisiana Kitchen on Labor Day? Then plan your holiday meal at Popeyes on Labor Day this year. This restaurant chain has amazingly delish dishes to satiate your cravings for Louisiana flavors.
- Papa John’s – Papa John’s is another masterpiece in the American fast-food industry to serve you a happy holiday meal on Labor day this year. So, hurry up and check out at what time you can visit your nearest Papa John’s to have a holiday meal on Labor Day.
Among many other fast-food giants, Sonic Drive-In has a dedicated and cult following. Its drive-in system makes it stand out among the rest. This fast-food chain is surely going to leave you impressed with all the options it has to offer. You can head to Sonic this Labor Day between 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Sonic open on Labor Day?
Sonic will be serving its customers as per its usual times on Labor Day, that is, between 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
What drinks does Sonic offer?
Sonic is known for its wide range of beverages which are full of taste. It boasts more than 1,063,953 drink combinations between its fountain drinks and slushes.
What are the popular hamburgers at Sonic?
Cheeseburgers and butter bacon burgers are the popular Sonic offerings you can’t afford to miss.
Is Sonic still doing pickle fries?
The famous Sonic Pickle Fries can be found at participating Sonic locations nationwide.
What is a Pink Lady at Sonic?
The Pink Lady at Sonic is Sprite with cherry juice and vanilla cream.
Does Sonic have happy hours?
Yes, Sonic runs happy hours between 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. You can buy food at ½ price during happy hours.