When holidays strike, getting into your kitchen to prepare a meal may be the last thing you want to do. Perhaps some great food and good company may seem more likely. So, what better than hitting that one spot that takes care of everyone’s needs? If you ask me, Popeyes happens to be the best answer. But will Popeyes be open this, Labor Day? Let’s find out!
Popeyes will stay open and in service on Labor Day, September 4, 2023. This fast-food restaurant chain will serve its customers delicious meals on this holiday. The timings of Popeyes on Labor Day 2023 will remain the same. The chain will carry out its services as per their usual timings from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
American fried chicken fast food restaurant chain Popeyes was founded in 1972 by a man named Al Copeland. Headquartered in Miami, the chain is also known by various other names, including Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Inc., Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits, and Popeyes Famous Fried Chicken & Biscuits.
The chain came into existence when Copeland dreamt of the “crunchiest and juiciest fried chicken out there.” Thanks to that dream, today, Popeyes serves one of the most popular fried chicken, among other lip-smacking items!
Over the years, the fanbase of Popeyes has increased so much that today the chain boasts of 2,833 locations in the United States alone. It has more than 3400 locations around the world in over 30 countries.
Are you wondering what makes Popeyes so special? This American fast-food chain features a wide range of items as a part of its menu. The major categories include combo meals, chicken sandwiches, signature chicken, tenders, family meals, seafood, nuggets, sides, beverages, desserts, kids’ meals, etc. Although you will find many great options to choose from, if it’s your first-time dining here, head over to this chain for its chicken.
In the sections below, we’ll get to know about the operational status of Popeyes on September 5, Labor Day 2022. You’ll get to know about the serving timings of the chain on this holiday, along with some special items that you must try on Labor Day. So, let’s get started!
What's In The Post
Popeyes Opening/Closing Hours On Labor Day 2023
|Popeyes Labor Day hours||10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.|
Popeyes serves its customers on Labor Day every year. The timings of Popeyes stay the same even on Labor Day, which is from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. However, to avoid any inconvenience, give a call to your nearest outlet to check its status. Some outlets may have varying timing due to the franchise owners being different.
Are you interested to know whether Popeyes offers some interesting deals on such holidays? We have the answers! Popeyes has been one of those fast-food chains that have made its customers happy for more than just providing good food. If we look at the offers that Popeyes has provided to its customers in the last year itself, you will be happy to note their generosity.
Last year, Popeyes offered free Sandwich Sundays from October 10 Sunday to December 26. The promo got you a free Fried Chicken Sandwich every Sunday. Apart from this, the chain keeps introducing offers throughout the year. So, you never know, Popeyes might just have in store for you something exciting this Labor Day too!
Fun Fact: Do you know that among its millions of happy customers, one lucky person has a free endless supply of Popeyes? Who is that lucky one? Beyonce! In 2003, the singer told Oprah, “Everywhere I went, people would buy me Popeyes, like the fans, and Popeyes heard, so they gave me a lifetime membership.” But she also confessed at the time she was too embarrassed to use the card though. Don’t know about her, but I would never do that.
So, now that you know that Popeyes is open on Labor Day, let’s help you find out some of their specials that are worth trying.
Popeyes Specials That You Can Try On Labor Day
The top five Popeyes menu items that you should try this Labor Day are:-
- Popeyes Signature Chicken
- Popcorn Shrimp meal
- Buttermilk Biscuits
- Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- Popeyes Red Beans and Rice
1. Popeyes Signature Chicken
One thing that Popeyes is known for is its signature chicken and Cajun flavors. If you haven’t tried them yet, this has to be your first pick. It’s a classic that started it all!
Whether you’re a wing person, drumstick person, or a breast person, Popeyes’ signature chicken provides a crunch that makes it hard to resist. Where does that deliciousness come from? Popeyes continues to follow Southern recipes and techniques, which include battering and breading chicken by hand before it is marinated. And that marination is one of its kind. The chicken is marinated for straight twelve hours in bold Cajun spices, which results in juicy, moist, and crunchy pieces. One bite into them, and you will come back asking for more.
2. Popcorn Shrimp Meal
A place known for its fried chicken may make it difficult for you to believe that it also serves seafood. But Popeyes does, and it’s oh so good and makes for a perfect holiday meal.
Popeyes offers popcorn shrimps that are tender, juicy, and perfectly spiced. Just like their signature chicken, you will be blown by their taste and that incredible trademark crunch. These shrimps are loaded with some Louisiana spices and herb seasoning, breaded, and then deep-fried. The Popeyes popcorn shrimp comes with a cocktail dipping sauce that tastes absolutely delicious!
The popcorn shrimp meal also includes mashed potatoes with gravy that is worth your bucks. This side dish is made with mashed potatoes, and its stellar topping – Cajun gravy, a gravy we wish came bottled separately.
This show-stopping gravy is made with smoked pork, as well as ground beef, bell peppers, and turkey. Meanwhile, the mashed potatoes are loaded with butter and milk and also contain shortening.
3. Buttermilk Biscuits
Buttermilk biscuits at Popeyes are an item that you can’t afford to miss. They were first introduced in 1983 and have become a staple of the Popeyes menu ever since. They’re buttery, flaky and crumbly, soft and delicate. Now, if you think these are just for dessert purposes, then think again. While some people enjoy eating them plain, others also opt to make a chicken sandwich out of them and dunk them in the gravy. Wondering what makes this item so versatile. It’s the ingredients.
The buttermilk biscuits at Popeyes are made with flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, milk, and buttermilk. People love these biscuits so much there are hundreds of copycat recipes online.
4. Spicy Chicken Sandwich
How can we miss something with chicken for a chain which is known for its chicken? Popeyes chicken sandwich is an item that really has no competition because of its best quality and tasty ingredients. It is the perfect Sandwich to satiate your hunger! But what is this chicken sandwich made of?
Popeyes chicken sandwich is made using 100% pure white chicken. It is dunked in buttermilk and cayenne batter and is fried to perfection. This Sandwich features two buttery brioche buns and just the right amount of mayonnaise and pickles. So, this Labor Day holiday Popeyes chicken sandwich is the way to go!
5. Popeyes Red Beans And Rice
If you are looking for a soul-satisfying and comforting food, then Popeyes red beans and rice makes the right choice. Popeye Louisiana Kitchen’s hearty and flavorful red beans with rice bowl is a unique combination. And that’s because of its interesting recipe.
Popeyes incorporates a liquid smoke with some spices to prepare red beans and rice. The price includes spices like cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Apart from this, it has ground bacon or pork fat, red beans, and chicken broth.
Check out the complete recipe of Popeye’s incredible red beans and rice just now! You are sure to have a great time with it.
Similar Restaurants That Are Open On Labor Day
- Sonic Drive-In – Planning to have your Sonic favorites on Labor Day this year?This restaurant serves holiday meal-worthy treats to the customers, even on holidays like Labor Day. Seek out the link and check out Sonic Drive-In’s operational hours on Labor Day this year.
- Arby’s – From beef burgers to great vegetarian options, Arby’s can serve everything this Labor Day that you can enjoy binging on. To know the timings of Arby’s for Labor Day and the dishes you can enjoy on Labor Day, follow the link!
- Little Caesars – This chain of restaurants in another famous American pizza hub that’s open and ready to serve its customers on Labor Day. You can enjoy numerous varieties of pizzas along with satiating drinks. Click on the name of this restaurant and check out what dishes you can expect on the menu of Little Caesars this Labor Day.
- Dairy Queen – Give a sweet finish to your holiday meal by having delicious frozen treats! By frozen treats, I mean ice creams. But ice creams from Dairy Queen are a real holiday treat. So, check out at what time you should visit this ice cream cum fast food hub to enjoy your Labor Day.
- Jack in the Box – More than just a fast-food restaurant, Jack in the Box is an all-day breakfast hub. So, why not have a happy meal at Jack in the box on holiday like Labor Day? Follow the link now and read the perfect holiday dishes that you can have on Labor Day.
- Panda Express – If you feel like trying the best of Chinese cuisine on Labor Day this year, visit your nearest Panda Express. This Chinese restaurant chain is open and serving all its menu specials on Labor Day. So, check out what dishes you can try here at Panda Express on Labor Day this year.
- KFC – A bucket-full crispy fried chicken is worth a holiday meal! Are you, too, having plans to visit KFC on Labor Day this year? So, follow the link to know all the delicious menu items that you can try on Labor Day this year.
- Papa John’s – Papa John’s is another masterpiece in the American fast-food industry to serve you a happy holiday meal on Labor day this year. So, hurry up and check out at what time you can visit your nearest Papa John’s to have a holiday meal on Labor Day.
- Whataburger – What-a-burger does to a hungry tummy is exactly “Whataburger” menu does to a holiday mood! So don’t forget to try their burger under the special offer on Labor Day this year.
- Jimmy John’s – Jimmy John’s is a food paradise for die-hard foodies! And the good news is that this restaurant chain has decided to stay open and active for its customers on Labor Day this year. But first, check out the link to know what special you can expect on the menu of Jimmy John’s this year on Labor Day.
You’re in luck if you’re hoping to stop by your local Popeyes chain to enjoy some Louisiana-style chicken this Labor Day. Popeyes will be open for Labor Day 2023, with most locations operating at their normal business hours for the day. But just because Popeyes does not recognize Labor Day as a company holiday doesn’t mean there couldn’t be a few locations closed for the Labor Day holiday. Check with your local chain to confirm whether they will be operating on shortened hours for a holiday.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Popeyes open on Labor Day 2023?
Popeyes stays open and operational on Labor Day 2023.
What will Popeyes’ working hours be on Labor Day 2023?
Popeyes working hours on Labor Day, September 4, 2023, will stay the same as its usual working hours, from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
What menu items can you enjoy at Popeyes on Labor Day?
The top five Popeyes menu items that you should try this Labor Day are Popeyes signature chicken, popcorn shrimp meal, buttermilk biscuits, spicy chicken sandwich, and Popeyes red beans and rice.
What beverages does Popeyes serve?
Popeyes serves a wide range of beverages like premium lemonade, premium strawberry lemonade, Coca-Cola, cane sweeeet iced tea, sprite, Dr. Pepper, Fanta strawberry, Tropicana lemonade, Hawaiian punch, diet coke, unsweetened iced tea, Fanta orange, ginger ale, seltzer water, and Coca-cola zero sugar.
What desserts does Popeyes serve?
Popeyes serves desserts like banana cream cake, chocolate beignets, and cinnamon apple pie.
Does Popeyes deliver food at home?
You can order Popeyes through its own delivery services or find them on DoorDash, or Grubhub.