Whenever we think about heading out on holiday, like Labor day, many of us immediately think of comfort food. Most people would agree that there is nothing more comforting than food from a deli. Well! Not just any deli, but McAlister’s Deli. But, if you plan to visit McAlister’s Deli on Labor day, read further to know if it’s open on this holiday.
McAlister’s Deli remains open and serves customers as usual on Labor day every year. So, this Labor day, not being an exception to this rule, McAlister’s Deli will be open. Their official operating hours will be the same as always, which are 10:30 am to 09:00 pm. However, some outlets may operate as per a holiday schedule and have reduced hours of operation.
McAlister’s Deli is a chain of American fast food casual restaurants. It was founded in 1989, in Oxford, Mississippi, by Dr. Don Newcomb. The original restaurant was actually opened in a gas station. So, at many of the newly opened locations, you may still find decor which is similar to the first location.
The original idea of opening the restaurant was to turn an abandoned place into a small and charming neighborhood restaurant. With this vision, the chain of restaurants has proved to be one of the most popular delicatessens in the United States.
This chain of restaurants has grown exponentially ever since it was established. They now have 400 locations across 29 US states. Their headquarters are located in Atlanta, Georgia. They also have a lot of franchise-owned locations across the country, along with company-owned locations.
The restaurant serves delicious food and has a wide variety of dishes on its menu, just like you would find at most delis. However, what makes it unique is the quality of food. Their menu features specials like soups, sandwiches, salads, spuds, sides, beverages, and of course, some yummy desserts too.
With this article, we can explore the exact operational hours of McAlister’s Deli this Labor day, along with more information about the same. The article also features some of the specials from the McAlister’s Deli menu that you should definitely give a try this Labor day. So, together, let us discover McAlister’s Deli!
McAlister’s Deli Opening / Closing Hours On Labor Day
|McAlister’s Deli Operating Hours On Labor Day||10:30 am to 09:00 pm|
McAlister’s Deli is one of those restaurant chains that believes in serving customers no matter what day it is. So, they will be operational and serving customers as per usual on Labor day this year. The official timings of all the outlets of this restaurant will remain as per usual, which are 10:30 am to 09:00 pm.
It is important to remember that although the official timings of all the restaurants remain the same, some of them may operate as per a holiday schedule. So, there are chances that some restaurants may open later than usual or close earlier.
To avoid the inconvenience of traveling and then the disappointment that follows after you see a restaurant shut, it is best to once check with them before Labor day.
You can either call the outlet closest to you to check what their operational timings on Labor day may be or ask any of the team members. In case you would rather spend your holiday at home, you can also order food from McAlister’s Deli through their official website.
They are also active on other delivery platforms, like Uber Eats and DoorDash. Moreover, in case you plan on hosting a large Labor day party at your house, you can easily ditch the cooking this Labor day. McAlister’s Deli not only does dine-in and delivery but also does catering for large events!
They have almost all the food options that they offer on their regular menu on their catering menu. You can also order at the last moment if you would like, as McAlister’s Deli also takes last-minute orders! Nothing better to lighten up Labor day celebrations!
Labor Day Specials From The McAlister’s Deli Menu That You Should Try
Some of the specials from the McAlister’s Deli menu that you should try this Labor day are:
- McAlister’s Deli Club
- McAlister’s Deli Southwest Chicken And Avocado Salad
- McAlister’s Deli Black Angus Roast Beef Spud
- McAlister’s Deli Chicken Tortilla Soup
- McAlister’s Deli Godiva Double Chocolate Cheesecake
1. McAlister’s Deli Club
We all know that no one does sandwiches as good as Delis! The way sandwiches at Delis are filled with the freshest of ingredients and stacked really high; you won’t really find that anywhere else! The Deli Club from McAlister’s Deli follows the same rule.
The club sandwich is highly stacked and recommended for anyone with a soft corner for fresh Deli sandwiches. This sandwich has smoked turkey, black forest ham, and bacon as the meat fillings.
Along with that, the sandwich also has fresh veggies like spring mix and tomato, along with sharp cheddar cheese and swiss cheese. All of these ingredients are topped off with mayo and honey mustard served on a wheat-bread. To indulge along with the sandwich, you can order some sides that would go really well.
2. McAlister’s Deli Southwest Chicken And Avocado Salad
For many people, even holidays are not a good enough reason to cheat on their diet with something highly indulgent. If you are one of them and would rather stick to healthier options on Labor day, you should try the salads from McAlister’s Deli.
The salad is further topped with grilled chicken, poblano and black bean relish, cheddar jack cheese, and blue corn tortilla chips. There are a number of dressings that you can try with this salad, however, the most recommended one by the restaurant itself is Chili Lime Vinaigrette dressing.
3. McAlister’s Deli Black Angus Roast Beef Spud
We all love our potato sides along with delicious meals like sandwiches and salads. So, if you are in the mood to ditch your regular fries and try something new, the Angus roast beef spud should be the first on your list.
This ‘Spud’ or roasted potato is exactly as indulgent as it sounds. The spuds are made with Idaho russet potatoes and filled generously with many toppings. This one, in particular, is filled with black Angus roast beef.
The beef is topped with red onion, cheddar jack cheese, and au jus. You all may have tried this combination of flavors in a sandwich before, but you are really missing out if you don’t try it in spud form! Perfect indulgence on Labor day!
4. McAlister’s Deli Chicken Tortilla Soup
It’s the beginning of the holiday season, with Labor day. So, it is about to get really chilly out there! Any better way to warm yourself up than with some also warm soup? I know there isn’t!
The soups at McAlister’s Deli are warming and filling, with great flavor and portion sizes. This chicken soup is filled with flavors of chicken, tomato, cilantro, and cheese, along with pepper, all in a thick consistency.
The soup is served the way you would like it to be, in a cup, bowl, or even a bread bowl! My suggestion any day would be to go with the bread bowl, as you can get two textures and flavors all in one and enjoy Labor day in style!
5. McAlister’s Deli Godiva Double Chocolate Cheesecake
Holidays, like Labor day, are almost incomplete if there is no dessert involved. We all save up our appetite for months just so that we can satisfy our sweet tooth just at the right time. So, why miss out on a great dessert from McAlister’s Deli?
Chocolate just by itself is great, and so is cheesecake. Combine the two desserts together and imagine the sheer indulgence you would get out of it! This cheesecake is a Godiva baked cheesecake, topped with a lot more chocolate.
The cheesecake has chunks of milk chocolate and is topped with chocolate mousse, chocolate ganache, and chocolate whipped cream. I really don’t think it gets better than this when it comes to enjoying some desserts on Labor day!
Similar Restaurants That Are Open On Labor Day
- Qdoba – Qdoba is one of the best American restaurant chains that offer mouth-watering Mexican food. So, seek out the link to know all the dishes that you can try on Labor Day this year at Qdoba.
- Checkers – Have some “Crazy good food” from Checkers this Labor Day! All the locations of Checkers are open and serve its customers hearty dishes. Follow the link and have a look at the Labor Day hours of Checkers and its special menu items served on Labor Day this year.
- Firehouse Subs – Sandwiches are always a perfect treat, even if it’s a holiday! Firehouse Subs is ready to serve you all its special sandwiches on Labor day this year. Follow the link to know the operational hours of Firehouse Subs on Labor Day.
- Tim Hortons – This Canadian food paradise has planned to stay open and active for its customers on Labor day. So, you can enjoy your favorite coffee, donuts, and burgers from Tim Hortons on Labor Day this year.
- Church’s Chicken – If you’re looking for Southern-cuisine inspired options to celebrate Labor day, Church’s Chicken is a perfect choice for you. This restaurant chain fried chicken and numerous other southern-style dishes. Have a look at all the dishes that you can expect from the menu of Church’s Chicken on Labor Day.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill – Labor Day treats at a southwestern grill sounds perfect, right? All Moe’s outlets are open and will serve their delicious food to the customers on Labor Day. So, follow the link to know the Labor Day hours of Moe’s.
- Del Taco – If you want to try some indulgent Mexican food on Labor Day, make sure you visit Del Taco. The menu of this restaurant never fails to impress when it comes to serving authentic Mexican foods like tacos, burritos, etc.
- Jason’s Deli – Another deli that has decided to stay open for its customers on Labor Day is Jason’s Deli. You’ll find decadent pasta, wraps, soups, drinks, etc., on its menu. Seek out the link to know what special they have on their menu for Labor Day.
- Baskin Robbins – With 31 classic flavors on the menu, Baskin Robbins is loved by everyone. This ice cream brand has decided to stay open and available for its customers on Labor Day. So, to end your holiday meal on a sweet note, make sure you have your favorite-flavored ice cream from Baskin Robbins.
- Boston Market – In case you want to enjoy Labor Day having a healthy treat, don’t miss out on Boston Market’s menu. This restaurant chain serves healthy sandwiches, meatloaves, and much more. Follow the link to know more about Boston Market Labor Day plans!
McAlister’s Deli will be open and serving customers this Labor day. Their official hours of operation will be the same as usual, which are 10:30 am to 09:00 pm. However, some of the outlets may operate on a holiday schedule.
So, they may open later than usual or close earlier. To avoid the inconvenience of any sort, it is highly recommended to call the outlet closest to you once before Labor day. You can also check with one of the team members prior to the holiday, so you can enjoy Labor day without any sort of trouble whatsoever!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Will McAlister’s Deli be open on Labor day?
Yes, McAlister’s Deli will be open and serving customers on Labor day this year.
What will be the opening and closing hours of McAlister’s Deli on Labor day?
The official operating hours of McAlister’s Deli will remain the same as usual on Labor day, which are 10:30 am to 09:00 pm.
Will all the outlets of McAlister’s Deli operate at regular hours?
No, some of the outlets may operate at reduced hours.
Will McAlister’s Deli be open only for dining-in on Labor day?
No, you can also order food from McAlister’s Deli via their official website or delivery platforms such as Uber Eats, DoorDash, and Grubhub.
What are some Labor day specials on the McAlister’s Deli menu?
Some specials from the McAlister’s deli menu that you should try this Labor day are McAlister’s Deli Club, McAlister’s Deli Southwest Chicken And Avocado Salad, and McAlister’s Deli Black Angus Roast Beef Spud, McAlister’s Deli Chicken Tortilla Soup and McAlister’s Deli Godiva Double Chocolate Cheesecake.