If zesty, spicy, and delicious flavors appeal to your taste buds, then El Pollo Loco is the best restaurant to visit. So, how about skipping the traditional food and experimenting with some Mexican delicacies this Thanksgiving Day? But is El Pollo Loco open on Thanksgiving Day?
Your favorite Mexican restaurant El Pollo Loco will keep its doors open on Thanksgiving Day to serve its customers. The opening and closing times of the restaurant will remain the same as usual, which are 09:30 am to 10:00 pm. However, some outlets may have varying hours of operation.
El Pollo Loco is a Mexican fast-food restaurant chain that opened its first outlet on Alvarado Street in Los Angeles in 1974. Today, there are over 480 El Pollo Loco restaurants across the United States. El Pollo Loco means ‘The Crazy Chicken’ in Spanish. It’s known for its Sinaloan-style chicken and Southwestern cuisine.
El Pollo Loco’s food menu includes a great variety of items such as burritos, tostadas, bowls, sides, and much more. The chicken dishes at El Pollo Loco are something that you must try. That’s because it’s cooked in four stages and takes around 50 to 63 minutes to cook. With that much effort, you are out to get something delicious.
El Pollo Loco is one food destination that delights every customer. The brand believes “that good food feeds more than just our appetites. It nourishes the soul. Good food brings us together. And connects us to something larger than ourselves.”
Therefore, “sitting down and sharing a meal prepared with time, love, and quality ingredients make us all feel like family. And when that happens, the world is a better place.”
Fun Fact: Brad Pitt’s first job in LA was handing out fliers for El Pollo Loco, dressed in a full-on chicken costume outside the location on Sunset!! Yes, that’s true!
But before you make your way to El Pollo Loco, let me tell you all the information about this restaurant’s working hours on Thanksgiving Day. Most importantly, you will find out what are some of the dishes that you must try at this Mexican restaurant.
El Pollo Loco Opening / Closing Hours On Thanksgiving Day
|El Pollo Loco Operating Hours On Thanksgiving Day||09:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.|
If Mexican cuisine makes your heart happy, then you must visit El Pollo Loco for a delectable food experience. This restaurant chain keeps its doors open for customers to serve their amazing dishes even on Thanksgiving Day.
The timings of the restaurants remain the same just like the other working days. The opening and closing hours of El Pollo Loco are from 09:30 am to 10:00 pm.
However, you must keep in mind to check the timings of the nearest El Pollo Loco restaurants to you. That’s because some restaurants are franchise-owned. They might open for reduced hours.
Do you want to avoid a crowd or the long waiting line? El Pollo Loco has got you covered with its home delivery services. You can place an order at El Pollo Loco and have it delivered to your doorstep through delivery apps like Uber Eats, Grubhub and DoorDash.
Moreover, you can also organize a feast at home for your loved ones by opting for El Pollo Loco’s catering services. For more information on their catering, head to El Pollo Loco’s website.
Now that you know the ways to place an order at El Pollo Loco let us get down to see the best items on their menu that you should surely try out on Thanksgiving Day!
Specials From The El Pollo Loco Menu That You Should Try On Thanksgiving Day
The top five items from the El Pollo Loco menu that should not be missed out on this Thanksgiving Day are:
- El Pollo Loco Chipotle Chicken Avocado Burrito
- El Pollo Loco Chicken Taco Al Carbon
- Grande Avocado Chicken Bowl
- Shredded Chicken Nachos
- Chicken Meals
1. El Pollo Loco Chipotle Chicken Avocado Burrito
A Mexican feast without a good burrito is incomplete. Therefore, at El Pollo Loco, if you have to try one burrito, it has to be the Chipotle chicken avocado burrito.
El Pollo Loco describes its Chipotle chicken avocado burrito as follows, “We start with our signature fire-grilled chicken and add hand-sliced avocado, cool sour cream, house-made chipotle salsa, shredded cheese, simmered beans, rice, and crunchy cabbage, all wrapped in a flour tortilla.”
This burrito comes in a pretty good size, and if you are an avocado lover, then you get a good amount of buttery sliced avocados in there. The cabbage in the burrito definitely provides a good quality crunch. Additionally, the best part about the burrito is the cilantro dressing that offers refreshing flavors.
If your taste buds crave a great punch of flavors, then El Pollo Loco’s Chipotle chicken avocado burrito is the one for you!
2. El Pollo Loco Chicken Taco Al Carbon
Love tacos? Opt for El Pollo Loco’s chicken taco al carbon. This taco is made with special fire-grilled chicken, hand-chopped onions, and cilantro and wrapped in a warm flour tortilla. This taco also comes with a regular drink and chips.
At the launch of this range of tacos, Mark Hardison, SVP of Marketing at El Pollo Loco, said, “We’re thrilled to expand on that with the new Mix & Match Street Tacos that were created to fit every taste preference and lifestyle, as well as debut our first plant-based protein and Keto taco.”
3. Grande Avocado Chicken Bowl
I absolutely love the concept of bowls and buckets. Firstly, they are absolutely delicious and filling. Secondly, they bring so many ingredients together. So, if you too enjoy bowl meals, then order the grande avocado chicken bowl at El Pollo Loco for a great time.
El Pollo Loco’s grande avocado chicken bowl features ingredients like chicken, avocado, sour cream, corn, beans, rice, cheese, cabbage, and pico de gallo. So, when you dig into this bowl, you will find plenty of seasoned rice.
Then there’s a heap of pinto beans and chicken to add up to your protein intake. Then comes the veggies, like the pico de gallo, corn, and avocado, which add most of the flavor to the bowl. This bowl is not for people with small appetites. Therefore, be prepared to share it with someone.
4. Shredded Chicken Nachos
Nachos are one of the best starters or snacks for a meal. But when they come loaded with some delectable toppings, you know you are having the best day of your life. When visiting El Pollo Loco, I recommend you try the shredded chicken nachos.
This dish is made with the freshest ingredients, and they are handcrafted to order. So, what do you get here?
El Pollo Loco shredded chicken nachos come topped with shredded ranchero chicken, handmade guacamole, sour cream, queso Blanco, pinto beans, fresh pico de gallo, and tortilla chips with sea salt. You can customize them while placing your order.
Upon its launch, Vice President of Research and Development and Executive Chef at El Pollo Loco said, “We carefully selected each ingredient to create one-of-a-kind nachos that only could come from El Pollo Loco and a mealtime favorite that can be enjoyed in front of the TV on football Sunday or at the table with family and friends.”
5. El Pollo Loco Chicken Meals
El Pollo Loco is known for its specially made chicken. So, there is no way you can miss out on the chicken meals at this restaurant. When you order a chicken meal at El Pollo Loco, you get to choose the type and quantity of chicken pieces you want.
You can choose from a two, three, or four-piece chicken meal. Along with this, you also get to choose the side dishes of your choice, which include mashed potatoes, mac, and cheese, broccoli, coleslaw, or a salad.
At El Pollo Loco, you are guaranteed to have fresh chicken every day. They never use frozen chicken to prepare their meals. The chicken is tender and juicy and marinated in a secret blend of delicious spices for 50 to 63 minutes.
Similar Restaurants That are Open On Thanksgiving
- Papa John’s – Among famous fast food hubs, Papa John’s is another place where you can have your favorite fast food on Thanksgiving. Yes! You read it right. Papa John’s is active and operational on Thanksgiving this year.
- Bojangles – Bojangles is another fast-food bistro that’s open and operational on Thanksgiving. Click on the link to know what you can expect from this restaurant on Thanksgiving this year.
- Steak’ N Shake – Not just turkey, you can enjoy your Thanksgiving by having delicious steak dishes at Shake N’ Shack. Follow the link to know all the holiday updates of Steak’ N Shake.
- Little Caesars – Another iconic pizza serving restaurant chain that’s open and operational on Thanksgiving this year is Little Caesars. Seek out the link to know the holiday updates of Little Caesars.
- Qdoba – Qdoba is a perfect spot for those who love Mexican cuisine. If you are looking forward to having such delicious food on Thanksgiving, follow the link to know the operational hours of Qdoba on Thanksgiving.
- Del Taco – If you love Mexican cuisine, you can visit Del Taco. This restaurant chain is open and operational on Thanksgiving day. To know what else you can expect from Del Taco on Thanksgiving, check out our article on the holiday status of this restaurant chain.
- McAlister’s Deli – Among all the deli’s out there, McAlister’s Deli is a perfect place to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with family. Check out the menu specials offered by McAlister’s Deli on Thanksgiving this year.
- Boston Market – Instead of wasting time preparing hefty dishes, you can have your Thanksgiving feast at restaurants like Boston Market. Follow the link and check out the operational hours of this restaurant chain.
- White Castle – White Castle is another restaurant that’s open and ready to offer its customers on Thanksgiving day. Follow the link to know more about all the dishes that you can enjoy on Thanksgiving.
- Kispy Kreme – Have a ‘healthy-licious’ breakfast snacking on donuts with coffee on Thanksgiving from Krispy Kreme. Read further to know this restaurant chain’s operational hours.
El Pollo Loco will remain open on Thanksgiving Day, November 24, 2022. The chain will dish out some great food for its customers this holiday. The timings of El Pollo Loco will remain the same on Thanksgiving Day, which are from 9:30 am to 10:00 pm.
But do remember that certain locations might operate at varying hours as they are franchise-owned. Do try some of the dishes that I have recommended, and tell me how your experience at El Pollo Loco was in the comments sections.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is El Pollo Loco open on Thanksgiving Day 2022?
El Pollo Loco will stay open and operational on Thanksgiving Day, November 24, 2022.
What will El Pollo Loco’s working hours be on Thanksgiving Day 2022?
El Pollo Loco’s working hours on Thanksgiving Day will stay the same as its usual working hours, from 9:30 am to 10:00 pm.
What menu items can you enjoy at El Pollo Loco on Thanksgiving Day?
The top El Pollo Loco menu items that you should try this Thanksgiving Day are El Pollo Loco Chipotle Chicken Avocado Burrito, El Pollo Loco Chicken Taco Al Carbon, Grande Avocado Chicken Bowl, Shredded Chicken Nachos, Chicken Meals, and more.
Does El Pollo Loco deliver food?
You can order your favorite food from El Pollo Loco through DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub.
What states have El Pollo Loco?
El Pollo Loco has more than 475 company-owned and franchised restaurants in Arizona, California, Nevada, Texas, Utah, and Louisiana. The chain is expanding its presence in key markets.