What are holidays without good food? Well, El Pollo Loco is an interesting place where you can have some delicious Mexican delicacy to brighten up your holiday mood. So, let’s head to El Pollo Loco on this Labor Day holiday to celebrate the right way. But is it open on this Labor Day?
El Pollo Loco will stay open to serve its customer’s delicious Mexican food this Labor Day. The chain keeps all its locations operational at its usual timings, which are from 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. That said, certain locations might operate at reduced hours. So, before you head out, do check out with the restaurant to avoid inconvenience.
El Pollo Loco is a Mexican company of two fast-food restaurant chains founded in 1974. The brand specializes in citrus-marinated, fire-grilled chicken in front of customers. The restaurants offer a variety of lip-smacking Mexican entrees and side dishes. These include chicken burritos, tacos al carbon, chicken quesadillas, and EPL’s signature dish, the Pollo Bowl. El Pollo Loco owns and operates nearly 140 El Pollo Loco restaurants. Whereas, the franchisees control nearly 180 restaurants.
Fun fact: The company made it into the record books in 1995 by rolling up the world’s largest burrito, which was 3,112 feet long and weighed two tons. Unfortunately, the record is now taken over by someone else.
In the article below, you’ll learn about the operational status of El Pollo Loco on Labor Day, September 4, 2023. You’ll also get to know the menu specials it offers to enjoy on this holiday. So, let’s get started!
What's In The Post
El Pollo Loco Opening/Closing Hours On Labor Day
|El Pollo Loco Labor Day hours||9:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.|
El Pollo Loco serves customers on Labor Day every year. This year too, the chain will carry out its services as per its usual timings. These are from 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. However, certain El Pollo Loco locations might work at varied timings. Therefore, it would be best to check with them to have a hassle-free experience.
Chances are you might be wondering what’s so special about El Pollo Loco as compared to other Mexican restaurants. Well, let me tell you that you can eat good food at many restaurants. But at EPL, you are served good quality food that is made fresh every day.
And that’s not all. The chain also believes in serving meals that are cooked using traditional methods. That’s why a meal at EPL this Labor Day might turn out to be the best thing you could do. So, let’s find out some of the EPL menu items you must try.
El Pollo Loco Specials That You Can Try On Labor Day
The top five El Pollo Loco menu items that you should try this Labor Day are:-
- Grande Avocado Chicken Bowl
- Chicken Tinga Burrito
- Chicken Nachos Combo
- Double Chicken Avocado Salad
- Chicken Meals
1. Grande Avocado Chicken Bowl
I love everything about meal bowls. They aren’t only filling and delicious, but they turn out to be interesting with several items, flavors, and textures that come along. The EPL grande avocado chicken bowl fits right into this category.
Firstly, this bowl is huge. This means it’s a one-stop answer for big hunger. Secondly, all that deliciousness that comes along with it. The grande avocado chicken bowl comes with plenty of seasoned rice, pinto beans, and chicken that makes it high in protein factor. It has the fresh crunch of veggies, like corn, pico de gallo, and avocado, that adds most of the flavor to the bowl. Last but not least, all these ingredients come topped with a beautiful dollop of sour cream.
In short, this EPL bowl screams holiday. It is the perfect dish to enjoy with a bunch of friends.
2. Chicken Tinga Burrito
Burritos are a Mexican food staple, and you can hardly go wrong with them. And chicken tinga burrito is one of them. The EPL chicken tinga burrito features saucy, smoky chicken tinga, rice, pinto beans, queso fresco, avocado slices, and pico de gallo salsa. It comes all wrapped up in a 12-inch flour tortilla and tastes a lot different than most of the other chicken on the menu. While we won’t call this burrito spicy, it does have a slight kick to it.
3. Chicken Nachos Combo
Deciding on the main course at any restaurant is the first thing that everyone does. But when you add a great side to it, the meal becomes a memorable experience. So, if that’s what you are looking for, then you must try the chicken nachos combo at El Pollo Loco on the Labor Day holiday this year.
The chicken nachos combo at EPL features crunchy tortilla chips and beans and cheese mixture that adds a ton of both flavor and substance to the dish. And then comes a generous topping of chicken on top. Finally, the guacamole and fresh salsa add a much-needed creamy factor and acidity and brightness to the nachos.
Doesn’t that sound like the best dish at the restaurant?
4. Double Chicken Avocado Salad
Don’t want to order tacos, a burrito, or a bowl at EPL? You still have some yummy and healthy options to choose from. Packed with high fiber and protein, the double chicken avocado salad at EPL features great ingredients that will make your taste buds tingle.
This salad features a double portion of chicken, avocado, cotija, corn, pico, sour cream, and cilantro. This dish is full of flavors and textures, thus making it a great option.
5. Chicken Meals
Meals are the best deals, considering the variety of items that come along. And at El Pollo Loco, it gets even better. First of all, you get to choose the types and quantity of chicken pieces you want. You can choose from a two, three, or four-piece chicken meal. And then you also get to choose the side dishes of your choice. These include mashed potatoes, mac, and cheese, broccoli, coleslaw, or a salad.
While the entire meal turns out to be great, the chicken is tender and juicy. And it’s nothing like what the others sell.
Similar Restaurants That Are Open On Labor Day
- Hardee’s – It’s hard to keep away from all the delicious dishes from Hardee’s, especially when it’s a holiday like Labor Day! So if you’re planning to visit a restaurant for Labor Day celebrations, don’t miss out on Hardee’s.
- Zaxby’s – Zaxby’s is another American chain of restaurants that offers mouth-watering celebration-worthy dishes. So, who wouldn’t want to visit this place to celebrate Labor day? If you’re one among Zaxby’s fans, follow the link to know the Labor Day hours of Zaxby’s.
- Five Guys – If you’ve been to Five Guys, you might have already decided to visit this restaurant on Labor Day. Follow the link and have a look at all the holiday specials that you can expect on the menu of Five Guys.
- Culver’s – From homestyle meals to frozen custards and sandwiches, Culver’s is a perfect place to spend time having holiday meals with family and friends. This restaurant chain is open and operational to serve its customers on Labor Day. Check out the link if you’re excited to know more.
- Carl’s Jr – Charbroiled burgers, burritos, and breakfast sandwiches make a perfect treat, even on holiday. So, visiting Carl Jr on Labor Day is never a bad idea if you want to have a memorable meal with your family or friends. Follow the link to know more about Carl Jr.’s Labor Day plans.
- Bojangles – Bojangles is one of the most famous American go-to places for fast food. This restaurant chain has decided to keep its doors open on Labor Day so that you don’t miss out on Bojangles menu specials on Labor Day.
- Wingstop – Wingstop is ready to serve its customers delicious chicken wings and other dishes on Labor Day this year. If you’re curious to know what special it has on its menu on Labor Day this year, follow the link.
- Jersey Mike’s – If you love Jersey Mike’s food, don’t miss its famous sandwiches and other dishes. Follow the link and check out what more you can expect from Jersey Mike’s this Labor Day.
- Steak N Shake – Want to enjoy steakburgers with delicious shakes on Labor Day? Steak N Shake is another food hub that you can visit on Labor Day this year. So, follow the link and check out all the holiday specials available here, along with the Labor Day hours of Steak N Shake.
- In-N-Out Burger – Another restaurant that’s serving delicious burgers on Labor Day this year is In-N-Out Burger. The menu of In-N-Out Burger has much more than just burgers for your holiday treat. Follow the link to find out more about In-N-Out Burger’s Labor Day plans.
El Pollo Loco will remain open and serve its customers on Labor Day, September 4, 2023. The chain will take orders as per its usual timing, which is from 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. But before you head out, it’s best to check out the outlet nearest to you to avoid any inconvenience.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is El Pollo Loco open on Labor Day 2023?
El Pollo Loco will stay open and operational on Labor Day, September 4, 2023.
What will El Pollo Loco’s working hours be on Labor Day 2023?
El Pollo Loco’s working hours on Labor Day will stay the same as its usual working hours, from 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
What menu items can you enjoy at El Pollo Loco on Labor Day?
The top El Pollo Loco menu items that you should try this Labor Day are grande avocado chicken bowl, chicken tinga burrito, chicken nachos combo, double chicken avocado salad, and chicken meals.
Does El Pollo Loco deliver food?
You can order your favorite food from El Pollo Loco through DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub.
What states have El Pollo Loco?
El Pollo Loco has more than 475 company-owned and franchised restaurants in Arizona, California, Nevada, Texas, Utah, and Louisiana. The chain is expanding its presence in key markets.