Halloween is coming up soon, and that means it is time to keep all the healthy eating aside and indulge in great fast food. Is there anything better than some desserts on this holiday besides all the candy? Pair the desserts with some savory sides, and that makes it a delicious meal. The best place to find the perfect sweet and savory combination is, indeed, Dairy Queen. But, before visiting, one question must come to everyone’s mind. Is Dairy Queen open on Halloween?
Dairy Queen will be open and serving their delicious sweet and savory items to their customers on Labor day this year. They remain open on most holidays, including Halloween. Their official opening and closing hours will be the same as always, which are 10:00 am to 10:00 pm. But, there are chances that some of the outlets may operate on a holiday schedule.
Dairy Queen is an American chain of fast food restaurants that also specializes in soft-serve ice creams. Dairy Queen was founded in Joliet, Illinois, on 22nd June 1940. Soon, they grew to be one of the most loved fast food chains in the United States.
The frozen treats took off really well with the customers, so they soon introduced various other sweet treats on their menu, like malts, shakes, and splits. However, the sweet treats were not all that people took a liking to. The savory items on the menu turned out to be a huge hit. In fact, so much so that they began expanding really quickly after they opened.
They opened their first international outlet in Canada in 1953, just 13 years after their first outlet came into operation. Now, the company has great dominance in the fast-food restaurant industry in the United States and various other countries.
They now have 4355 outlets across the United States, with most of them in the state of Texas. They have outlets all over the world, in countries such as China, Mexico, Canada, and the Middle East.
Their menu is pretty vast, with varieties such as soft serve ice creams, milkshakes and malts, frozen yogurts, burgers, fries, salads, and much more. By reading this article, you will get to understand all about the operational hours of Dairy Queen on Halloween in detail.
This article will also help you understand the ways in which you can enjoy a great meal from Dairy Queen. Along with all of this, I have also included some of the specials from their menu in this article that you surely should not miss out on this Halloween. So, without any further delay, let us discover Dairy Queen.
Dairy Queen Opening / Closing Hours On Halloween
|Dairy Queen Operating Hours On Halloween||10:00 am to 10:00 pm|
Dairy Queen stays open on most holidays through the year, except for a few really major ones. So, they will be open on Halloween and taking care of those cravings after all the trick and treating. Their official hours will be as per usual, which are 10:00 am to 10:00 pm. But, some of the outlets may operate as per a holiday schedule on Halloween.
So, they may have different opening and closing times. Dairy Queen also has a lot of locations that are franchise owned. So, with these outlets, there are chances of timings being a little different as compared to usual. This is if the franchise owner decides so.
But, all in all, to avoid any hassle on Halloween after a tiresome evening, it is indeed better to call them up beforehand. This way, you can enjoy your meal at Dairy Queen at the right time without having to worry. Moreover, on Halloween, there are also chances that most of you may get really tired after either partying or trick and treating.
So, it may sound so much better to just relax at home and have your meal peacefully rather than at a crowded restaurant. There is some great news there too! Dairy Queen will not just be open for dining-in on Halloween but will also be delivering food! You can order food via their official website.
You can also easily place your order via other food delivery platforms, such as Uber Eats, Grubhub and DoorDash. You can also order ice cream without any sort of worry, as they pack it in a way that it reaches you in the best condition, without melting.
This must have surely tempted you enough to visit Dairy Queen right away! In case not, I am sure the specials from their menu will drag you to Dairy Queen on Halloween! So, let us discover what these specials are.
Specials From The Dairy Queen Menu That You Should Consider Trying On Halloween
The top five items from the Dairy Queen menu that you cannot miss out on this Halloween are:
- Flame Thrower Stack Burger
- Chicken Strip Basket
- Chili Cheese Dog
- Dairy Queen Blizzard
- Dairy Queen Banana Split
1. Flame Thrower Stack Burger
Plain old cheeseburgers can be too boring and bland sometimes, especially if you love some spice with your food! Dairy Queen has the right option for you from their menu, the Flame Thrower Stack Burger! This burger is really fiery!
The burger has a 100% beef patty made fresh by Dairy Queen. The patty is grilled to the perfect extent and then topped with their special Flame Thrower sauce. The patty is further topped with perfectly melted pepper jack cheese and jalapeno bacon.
The final toppings on this burger are fresh tomato and lettuce. All brought together in between a soft and toasted bun. The stack burger has more as it actually has two patties instead of just one! I know that already sounds really mouthwatering to be a treat on Halloween.
2. Chicken Strip Basket
If beef is not really your thing and you prefer lighter meat like chicken instead, Dairy Queen does have great options for you! One of the best chicken dishes from their menu is a portion of a classic chicken strip basket.
This chicken strip basket is a complete meal on its own. It has their delicious chicken strips, which are accompanied by fries and a slice of Texas toast. You can choose the dipping sauce you like best, along with this basket.
Dairy Queen, however, does recommend getting their country gravy. The size options available for this basket are four pieces and six pieces. So, regardless of how big your appetite may be on Halloween, Dairy Queen has the best chicken strips for you!
3. Chili Cheese Dog
Who said hamburgers are the best fast food that is out there? How can we ever rule out one of the other best fast food options? Yes, I am talking about hot dogs! Not just any hot dogs, though, the chili cheese dog from Dairy Queen!
This is so much more than just your regular old hot dog. Of course, many of you may have tried chili cheese dogs before, but they may have been nothing like what you would experience at Dairy Queen.
The hot dog has an all-beef frank, topped with their famous Dairy Queen chili. Topped with some cheese, and voila, the best thing you could ever taste. You can order a drink and a side from the Dairy Queen menu to make it a full meal on Halloween!
4. Dairy Queen Blizzards
The Blizzards from Dairy Queen are the talk of the town. Probably the most selling item from their menu too! I mean, I don’t blame people, as who would say no to such a delicious sweet treat!
The Blizzards are delicious and have plenty of options to choose from. It is honestly so difficult to narrow it down to one best blizzards from Dairy Queen, as all of them are just so great in their own way!
Some of the flavor options for the Blizzards are Reese’s Take 5, Thin mints, caramel fudge, cotton candy, chocolate chip, pecan, choco brownie, butterfingers, M&M, snickers, and also New York Cheesecake. Yes, although it will be cold, Halloween is still a good time to enjoy a Blizzard.
5. Dairy Queen Banana Split
Banana splits are everyone’s childhood favorite. At least for those who actually do love bananas. So, since Dairy Queen does really great desserts and soft serves, it is indeed fair to say that their Banana Splits are the best you will ever have.
The official Dairy Queen website describes the Banana Split as “Our Banana Split Royal Treat® is made with our world-famous DQ® soft serve nestled between sweet banana slices and covered in luscious strawberry, pineapple, chocolatey and whipped toppings.”
I don’t know about you, but that certainly made my mouth water! So, do not hesitate to let your inner child out on Halloween! Let it out with this Banana split, if not with candy!
Similar Restaurants That Are Open On Halloween
- Sonic Drive-In – Frozen slushes or delicious fast food, you can get all your Sonic favorites even on Halloween. Don’t believe me? Follow the link to find out the Halloween plans of Sonic-Drive In.
- Jimmy John’s – Another perfect party destination for Halloween is Jimmy John’s. To know what plans they have for Halloween this year, click on the name of the restaurant and follow the link.
- Arby’s – Planning to order food online on Halloween? Your favorite fast food will reach your doorstep even faster if it’s from Arby’s. As you already know, food from Arby’s is worth a holiday feast. Follow the link to know what you can expect from Arby’s on Halloween this year.
- Little Caesars – Pizza treat on Halloween? It’s never a bad idea. When all your plans fail, pizza treats save the day on holidays like Halloween. And Little Caesars has got pizzas that you can customize according to your holiday mood. So, seek out the link and check out this restaurant chain’s holiday plans.
- KFC – Who doesn’t like to indulge in some ‘Krispy’ goodness on Halloween? Talking about ‘Krispy goodness’, KFC comes to mind first. So, don’t wait any further and follow the link to know all the KFC special dishes for Halloween.
- Jack in the Box – Planning to have all your favorite comfies boxed up as a Halloween meal from Jack in the Box? Seek out the link here to know what to expect from the Jack in the Box menu on Halloween this year.
- Panda Express – Express all your love to friends and family by taking them out on dinner at Panda Express on Halloween this year. But is Panda Express open and operational on Halloween this year? Follow the link to learn all about the holiday plans of Panda Express.
- Popeyes – Another icon in the food industry that never fails to offer holiday-worthy food is Popeye. If you already know this restaurant chain, you might already be a fan of its fried chicken. So, go ahead and follow the link to know its plans for Halloween this year.
- Papa John’s – Papa John’s is another destination for fast food lovers. So if you are planning to visit this restaurant chain, follow the link and check out! Read the article to know the Halloween plans of Papa John’s.
- Whataburger – What-a-burger! Yes, that’s the exact feeling you get when you’re enjoying your favorite burger at Whataburger. Follow the link to have an idea about what you can have at Whataburger on Halloween this year.
Dairy Queen will be open on Halloween this year, just as they are on most major holidays. Their official operating hours will stay the same as usual, which are 10:00 am to 10:00 pm. However, there are chances that some outlets may run as per a holiday schedule.
So, to avoid trouble on Halloween, it would be wiser to check the exact hours with your nearest outlet. This way, you can enjoy Halloween without any worry! Have a spooky holiday season!
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Will Dairy Queen be open on Halloween?
Yes, Dairy Queen will be open and serving customers on Halloween this year.
What will be the operational hours on Dairy Queen on Halloween?
The official operating hours will be the same as always, which are 10:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Does Dairy Queen serve chicken sandwiches?
Yes, Dairy Queen does have chicken sandwiches.
Does Dairy Queen do desserts other than blizzards and soft serves?
Yes, they also have sundaes and split options.
What are some specials from the Dairy Queen menu that are worth trying on Halloween?
The specials from the Dairy Queen menu that you should try this Halloween are Flame Thrower Stack Burger, Chicken Strip Basket, Chili Cheese Dog, Dairy Queen Blizzard, and Dairy Queen Banana Split.