Hamburgers are a food item that fits any occasion. So, there are chances you might want to have one with turkey on Thanksgiving Day. But is Checkers open on Thanksgiving?
Checkers is one of the food chains that will remain closed on Thanksgiving Day. This is because it gives its employees time off to spend with their families on this national holiday.
So, you will not be able to grab a burger from checkers on November 24, Thanksgiving Day this year. But you can visit the restaurant a day before or after Thanksgiving.
Checkers is a drive-thru restaurant chain spread over 878 locations all over the United States of America. It was founded in 1986. Checkers offers a simple menu, but the quality and taste of food remain uncompromised. At Checkers, you can have hamburgers, French fries, milkshakes, and hot dogs.
In the article below, you’ll get to know why Checkers remains closed on Thanksgiving Day.
Why Does Checkers Remain Closed On Thanksgiving?
Grabbing a good hamburger always makes the day happy. But there are times that your favorite food destination may remain closed. And Checkers is one of them.
Checkers keeps its services shut on national holidays like Thanksgiving Day and Christmas. That is because it provides its employees with a day off with their families, just like all of us. However, you can visit the restaurant during any other part of the Thanksgiving week.
When you visit Checkers, you are delivered food in no time. That’s because Checker’s doesn’t provide dine-in options. This ensures faster delivery of food picked up from the drive-thru option.
You can even sign up for the rewards program at Checkers. Checkers describes the signing up process in a few easy steps, “Earn – You’ll earn 5 points per $1 spent; Eat – Earn points by ordering online, in the app, scanning your rewards code at the register, or providing your check-in code; Enjoy – Enjoy a $5 reward for every 400 points you earn and gain access to other exclusive member benefits and offers.”
Similar Restaurant Chains That Are Closed On Thanksgiving
- Zaxby’s – For chicken fingers, there is no better place to visit than good old Zaxby’s! But, Zaxby’s does stay closed on certain holidays, hence they will be closed on Thanksgiving too.
- Five Guys – A small and simple menu, with some of the freshest burgers and hot dogs you could ever have in your life. Their milkshake mix-ins are incredible, but you won’t be able to enjoy them on Thanksgiving.
- Culver’s – Culver’s is again one of those fast food chains where you will get an immense variety to choose from! On Thanksgiving this year, Culver’s will sadly not be an option as they will be closed on the holiday.
- Carl’s Jr. – Carl’s Jr. is a west coast favorite for classic American meals. Although open all year round, they will not be open on Thanksgiving this year.
- Wingstop – Wingstop is the perfect spot for wings and also for a fun ambience and decor! On Thanksgiving however, you will have to look for a different spot to enjoy wings.
- Raising Cane’s – The one place to visit for chicken finger meals, Raising Cane’s is a favorite for many. This chain, however, does stay closed on Thanksgiving every year.
- In-N-Out Burger – A west coast favorite, In-N-Out Burger is yet another chain that believes in always sourcing fresh meats and serving fresh burgers. This west coast giant will unfortunately not be open on Thanksgiving.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill – Moe’s Southwest Grill serves some of the best Mexican food ever, on most holidays too! However, they do remain closed on Thanksgiving every year.
- Firehouse Subs – The subs at Firehouse Subs are actually fire, considering all the hot sauce they offer! But, Firehouse Subs will not be the place for you to enjoy subs on Thanksgiving as they will be closed.
- Tim Hortons – The perfect place to get your caffeine kick, Canada’s favorite is also the favorite for many in the United States. But, on Thanksgiving, you will have to consider other options for your regular caffeine fix as Tim Hortons will be closed.
Checkers will remain closed on Thanksgiving Day this year. The food chain will reopen on November 25 to serve its customers. You can head to any Checkers restaurant a day before or after Thanksgiving Day.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Checkers open on Thanksgiving Day 2022?
Checkers will stay closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 24, 2022.
What are Checkers’ usual working hours?
Checkers’ normal working hours are from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m.
What menu items can you enjoy at Checkers?
At Checkers, you can enjoy a good variety of hamburgers, hot dogs, classic wings, combo meals, beverages, fries and sides, and desserts.
Are Checkers the same as Rally’s?
Checkers acquired Rally’s in 1999. Checkers & Rally’s have the same menu items and serve the same exact food provided by the same distributors.
How can I get free Checkers?
You can sign up for the Checkers & Rally’s Rewards Loyalty app and get a free Classic Mother Cruncher or Big Buford. After you download the app and sign up, your coupon will be available for use in the app for two weeks. You will also be able to earn points on future purchases and redeem them for more freebies.
Are Checkers Burgers real meat?
All Checkers & Rally’s hamburgers are made with 100% USDA inspected pure beef and contain no fillers.