Burgers, milkshakes, and fries make for a perfect holiday meal! At Checkers, it makes even more sense. So why not plan the coming Labor Day holiday meal at Checkers for some wholesome goodness? But wait a minute. Are Checkers open on Labor Day 2022? Let’s find out.
Checkers will remain open on Labor Day. The chain will keep its locations operational and welcome customers to enjoy delicious food on this holiday. The timings of Checkers stay the same on Labor Day, which is from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. However, certain locations might operate at different times. Therefore, to avoid inconvenience, check with them before heading to one!
Checkers is an American drive-thru restaurant chain that has over 878 locations all over the United States of America. Founded in 1986, Checkers offered a simple menu with low-priced burgers that made it stand out from the crowd. The chain, to date, offers hamburgers, French fries, milkshakes, and hot dogs as some of its specialties.
A fact that you didn’t know: Checkers and Rally’s officially teamed up in 1999. They merged through a stock swap. They both serve the same food. And no matter what you order at these two outlets, you can’t afford to miss their fries!
In the article below, you’ll learn about the operational status of Checkers on Labor Day 2022. You’ll also get to know about the working hours of this chain on this holiday and the menu specials that you can indulge in on September 5, 2022.
Checkers Opening/Closing Hours On Labor Day
|Checkers Labor Day hours||10:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m.|
Checkers keeps its customers happy by serving on a holiday like Labor Day. The chain offers delectable food to its customers as per its usual timings, which are from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. However, some Checkers’ locations might operate at varying hours. Thus, it’s better to check with them beforehand.
At Checkers, you can enjoy standard American fares such as hamburgers, hot dogs, spicy chicken, and desserts. And when the food turns out to be yummy and easy on the pocket, the celebrations get bigger. So, what are you waiting for? Head to Checkers for a sumptuous meal this Labor Day to enjoy with your loved ones. But before you head out, do check out some of the menu specials below.
Checkers Specials That You Can Try On Labor Day
The top five Checkers menu items that you should try this Labor Day are:-
- Smoky BBQ Bacon Buford Burger
- Baconzilla Burger
- Spicy Chicken Burger
- Cheesecake Sunday
- Famous Seasoned Fries
1. Smoky BBQ Bacon Buford Burger
Holidays call for something extra special, and if I tell you, it’s a burger that is turned into a party meal, then? At Checkers, you are sure to be satiated by those burger pangs. But the smoky BBQ bacon Buford burger is one hell of a combination that will surely make your Labor Day holiday memorable.
The Smoky BBQ bacon Buford Burger is loaded with unimagined flavors. It’s dense, intense, and a one-stop solution for meaty cravings. It is a towering pile of deliciousness that is loaded with two 100% beef patties hand-seasoned to perfection, Swiss cheese, two crispy strips of smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, and another layer of crispy bacon crumbles, because why not?
No burger is complete without some mouthwatering condiment, and so Checkers’ take care of that by putting both sweet and smoky barbecue sauce and smoky mayo for a punch of flavor. Checkers’ website describes the Smoky BBQ bacon Buford Burger as a “bigger, bolder, and better way to do burgers,” and we agree with that.
2. Baconzilla Burger
Is bacon your favorite meat? Then give yourself a real treat this Labor Day by ordering the baconzilla burger at Checkers. The restaurant takes its bacon serving quite seriously as the first sentence of the description says, “Warning: there will be bacon.” So, what do we get here?
At Checkers, the baconzilla burger offers four super-thick slices of crispy bacon on top of two hand-seasoned 100% beef patties for your pleasure. But that’s only the beginning.
Not only does this burger offer two kinds of meat, but there are two kinds of cheese as well. Two slices of American cheese and melted cheddar cheese come layered with a little ketchup and mayo. All these delicious fillings come between toasted bakery-style buns to create the ultimate burger. Can you ask for anything better?
3. Spicy Chicken Sandwich
A chicken sandwich is a pretty safe bet when you go to any fast-food restaurant. The fact being, how can anyone go wrong with it? So, at Checkers, you are served a deep-fried spicy chicken burger patty topped with iceberg lettuce and mayonnaise. All these delicious ingredients are served on a toasted sesame seed bun. Checkers describes its spicy chicken sandwich as “This chicken bites back.” We agree!
If chicken is your calling this Labor Day, enjoy the spicy flavors of a Checkers chicken sandwich.
4. Cheesecake Sundae
No meal is complete without a great ending that is sweet and delicious. So, after gorging on those burgers, who would not want to dig into a smooth and creamy sundae?
Checkers offers you three different flavors of sundaes to choose from, and let me tell you, all of them are great. You can opt for a strawberry cheesecake sundae, a fudge cheesecake sundae, or a caramel cheesecake sundae. Each of them will surely delight you.
If you feel like having a fruity flavor, then the Strawberry Cheesecake Sundae is the way to go. It comes with real strawberries and cheesecake made of Philadelphia cream cheese. But, if you’re a chocolate freak like me, you will surely want to dig into the Fudge Cheesecake Sundae that is made with chocolate fudge, vanilla ice cream, cream cheese, and graham cracker crumbles. Then comes the Caramel Cheesecake flavor that combines caramel sauce, crushed Twix pieces, soft vanilla serve, and cheesecake. All the Sundae Stackers come in a single size and are served in a plastic cup.
5. Famous Seasoned Fries
French fries are a surefire way to start, end, or munch in between any meal. Although everyone has their favorite fries at different fast-food chains, at Checkers, you are promised to have something different and delicious.
Checkers cut potatoes are coated in a seasoned fry batter, and according to the chain, they are “secretly seasoned [and] famously good.” Ryan Joy, senior director of Research and Development at Checkers Drive-In Restaurants, let out a secret that the batter, which is applied before the fries are fried, is made from “a mixture of flours, starches, and 15 different herbs and spices.” This combination makes their fries have a unique flavor.
Similar Restaurants That Are Open On Labor Day
- Qdoba – Qdoba is one of the best American restaurant chains that offer mouth-watering Mexican food. So, seek out the link to know all the dishes that you can try on Labor Day this year at Qdoba.
- Del Taco – If you want to try some indulgent Mexican food on Labor Day, make sure you visit Del Taco. The menu of this restaurant never fails to impress when it comes to serving authentic Mexican foods like tacos, burritos, etc.
- Firehouse Subs – Sandwiches are always a perfect treat, even if it’s a holiday! Firehouse Subs is ready to serve you all its special sandwiches on Labor day this year. Follow the link to know the operational hours of Firehouse Subs on Labor Day.
- Tim Hortons – This Canadian food paradise has planned to stay open and active for its customers on Labor day. So, you can enjoy your favorite coffee, donuts, and burgers from Tim Hortons on Labor Day this year.
- Church’s Chicken – If you’re looking for Southern-cuisine inspired options to celebrate Labor day, Church’s Chicken is a perfect choice for you. This restaurant chain fried chicken and numerous other southern-style dishes. Have a look at all the dishes that you can expect from the menu of Church’s Chicken on Labor Day.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill – Labor Day treats at a southwestern grill sounds perfect, right? All Moe’s outlets are open and will serve their delicious food to the customers on Labor Day. So, follow the link to know the Labor Day hours of Moe’s.
- McAlister’s Deli – McAlister’s Deli is another famous food hub where you can celebrate Labor Day this year. You can enjoy hearty options like soups, salads, beverages, etc., here. Feel free to follow the link and check out its menu specials that you can try on Labor Day this year.
- Jason’s Deli – Another deli that has decided to stay open for its customers on Labor Day is Jason’s Deli. You’ll find decadent pasta, wraps, soups, drinks, etc., on its menu. Seek out the link to know what special they have on their menu for Labor Day.
- Baskin Robbins – With 31 classic flavors on the menu, Baskin Robbins is loved by everyone. This ice cream brand has decided to stay open and available for its customers on Labor Day. So, to end your holiday meal on a sweet note, make sure you have your favorite-flavored ice cream from Baskin Robbins.
- Boston Market – In case you want to enjoy Labor Day having a healthy treat, don’t miss out on Boston Market’s menu. This restaurant chain serves healthy sandwiches, meatloaves, and much more. Follow the link to know more about Boston Market Labor Day plans!
Checkers will remain open on Labor Day, September 5, 2022. The chain will serve its customers as per its usual timings, which are from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. However, certain locations might operate at different times. So, it would be best to check the same before heading to one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Checkers open on Labor Day 2022?
Checkers will stay open and operational on September 5, Labor Day 2022.
What will be Checkers’ working hours on Labor Day 2022?
Checkers’ working hours on Labor Day will stay the same as its usual working hours, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m.
What menu items can you enjoy at Checkers on Labor Day?
The top Checkers menu items that you should try this Labor Day are a smoky BBQ bacon Buford burger, baconzilla burger, spicy chicken burger, cheesecake Sunday, and famous seasoned fries.
Are Checkers the same as Rally’s?
Checkers acquired Rally’s in 1999. Checkers & Rally’s have the same menu items and serve the same exact food provided by the same distributors.
How can I get free Checkers?
You can sign up for the Checkers & Rally’s Rewards Loyalty app and get a free Classic Mother Cruncher or Big Buford. After you download the app and sign up, your coupon will be available for use in the app for two weeks. You will also be able to earn points on future purchases and redeem them for more freebies.
Are Checkers Burgers real meat?
All Checkers & Rally’s hamburgers are made with 100% USDA inspected pure beef and contained no fillers.