Here we bring you something that is recently gaining popularity. It is the Persian or Iranian cuisine; therefore we bring you the food of Iran. The varied flavors they use is their foods’ distinguishing characteristic. The cuisine is well suited to the non-vegans. So here’s an innovation for the chick lovers.
Lemon chicken is a ‘heard of dish’, but the saffron flavoring is a ‘pinch of royalty’ to the simplicity. The yellow sight of the dish is due to the use of turmeric, the heavenly taste of the dish is because of the saffron. Hence it becomes a delight on plate and as delightful in eating. Lets make this delight as bright as sunshine to lighten our mood and day with yummy food.
How much time it will take:
Ingredients for Persian Saffron Lemon Chicken:
|Chicken drumsticks||10 units|
|Chopped onion||1 large unit|
|Turmeric powder||1 tsp|
|Saffron mixed with water||1 tbsp|
|Fresh lemon juice||½ cup|
How to make Persian Saffron Lemon Chicken | Recipe:
- Rough chop onion and place in a pan.
- Add chicken on top. Season with salt and pepper. Add turmeric. Look at the color, it just brightens up everything!
- Add 1/2 cup of water. Cover and cook for half hour or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Remember to give the whole pan a stir about 10 minutes into the cooking allowing the turmeric to coat the chicken and onions.
- When chicken is done remove from the pan and keep in a place where it stays warm.
- Add saffron and lemon juice. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- With a hand blender or a regular blender, blend the juice and onion until nice and smooth. Let reduce for a few minutes until the sauce thickens. This should take less than 10 minutes.
- Arrange drumsticks in a platter and pour sauce over the chicken.
The delight is ready to savor. The people of Iran have a specialty in serving chicken with rice. So this ready dish can be served with rice to feel the cuisine delighting your taste buds.
Stay tuned for more recipes to add on to your life…